Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 4.20 Episode Discussion Thread - Rape: A Modern Perspective (04/14/13)

Episode 4.20 - Rape: A Modern Perspective

WRITTEN BY: J.C Nolan
DIRECTED BY: Brooke Kennedy
AIRDATE: 04/14/2013

Happy TGW Sunday!

Summary
As Alicia represents a girl who accuses a classmate of rape, the case takes on a life of its own when the hacker group “Anonymous” takes notice and brings the trial into the public eye via the Internet. Also, Diane continues to be vetted for a possible Illinois Supreme Court seat and Kalinda becomes suspicious of Robyn

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Passionate Fan

TFTNT glad TGw is back on though it has only be two weeks... it feels like forever....
Old 04-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Oh another guest I didn't give a damn about is back!

Thanks for the thread Kickster

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Woo hoo! Tftnt! Excited about a new episode tonight!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

Man TGW is going to be at least a hour delayed.

- Mel
Old 04-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Man TGW is going to be at least a hour delayed.
Damn! What is it this time? Dodgeball championship? Spelling Bee finals?

Old 04-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Damn! What is it this time? Dodgeball championship? Spelling Bee finals?
Ha! Masters this time. I'm so glad I live on the west coast.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

And ofc Canada let us down again so it's going to be another 2 hours before it's online. Oh well, it was not the night to stay up.

enjoy the show, peeps (Beth is tweeting for those who are interested )

Old 04-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

The scene with Diane and the Judge
Old 04-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Anybody else suspect Peter is really behind that? I mean, he got her the nomination, and really is being partners with someone who got suspended such a big whoop? When he called Will a scoundrel that was too far. Also, it's a risky game they are asking Diane to play, because if she doesn't get the seat, she's lost her partner, and maybe the firm?!

Enjoyed the episode overall, the interplay with Kalinda and Robyn was good. I was kind of waiting for Kalinda to approach Alicia, about the Cary thing, but maybe next episode?

Nice Grace/ Alicia scene, one of the better ones this year IMO. Funny line about talking about praying being 'unlucky'. Also, if I were Grace I would be wondering about Alicia's weird reaction to Will having called.

Will was great in this episode, I liked how sensitive he was towards the client.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
That scene was so wrong, I felt bad about Willy.

Quote:
Anybody else suspect Peter is really behind that?
I don't see it, what would he accomplish out of this? Just to spite Will? Doesn't seem like something he has been trying to do all season

Ok I have so much more to say, but tomorrow when I am at work cause is late.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

So will Cary and Alicia leave the firm and take Robyn with them (they can't ask Kalinda because in that case she and Alicia would need to talk to each other every now and then which seems to be impossible for some reason), and Diane will become the new supreme court judge? So that leaves Will with David Lee and Kalinda or what ? At least Alicia could finally have Will because he wouldn't be her boss anymore (if she was ready to leave Peter which she isn't. So this probably means another season with Alicia not really deciding anything, no matter how often she renews her vows with Peter... )

By the way, I liked the scene with Grace. Unlike many others here I always liked Alicia with her kids.

And on a completely different note: Since when does Will use a BlackBerry? Or was this only because there were so many iphones in the episode that BlackBerry complained?

Last edited by Kimlegaspi; 04-15-2013 at 02:18 AM
Old 04-15-2013, 03:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

It was a really nice episode I thought. :-)

Diane smiling through the "interogation" and then suddenly being all like "We're getting married."§ The faces!! hahaha. Nicely played Diane.

Also the scene with the judge, where he told her the problem was not Kurt, it was Will. Wow. Didn't see that one coming.

The case was good and I could totally identify with the girl. And I would have stayed in jail as well rather than apologize. Poor girl I liked how Will handled her.

The scene with Grace was so good. It broke my heart a little that Alicia thinks she's become a bad mother because I don't think so. Just because she's working now ... she's still a very good Mum.

About Cary leaving - I think much of the 2 remaining eps will be about that, if she stays or if she goes. I always said I didn't see her leaving LG but now I think she possibly will.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Really enjoyed the episode, I thought it was very intense and pretty dark compared to other episodes this season.

Dynamics at the firm clearly change in the next 2 episodes... wonder where everybody will end up. Alicia clearly looks like she's considering leaving.

Love Roby, glad she's staying longer! And Diane getting married OMG this is just amazing!! I just hope she doesn't shun Will to become Supreme Court Justice.

Loved the conversation between Alicia and Grace. Grace is getting more mature and Alicia clearly feels guilty for thinking about Will. She's really holding herself back from expressing her feelings towards Will.

It really sets the stage for the end of the season.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

I need to watch it again, but overall it was a very nice episode. Kind of an easy case, allowing space for other characters interaction.

I specially like the dynamic of Kalinda and Robyn. Though Robyn shouldn't have been surprise K did a background check on her. She probably wasn't and totally saw it coming. Now...why is Kalinda worried about Robyn having lied? Come on, nothing she wouldn't have done. But she might wanna keep Robyn longer just to set her up later.

Alicia/Grace scene was sweet. It's only normal for working moms to feel guilty about being "bad moms", specially for Alicia, who spent so many years just being a housewife. In spite of the Will factor, that conversation was bound to happen and I doubt it's the last time it does.

Oh, I also noticed the phone thing! First seasons it was all Blackberry and now we have a few iPhones. Any droids in the future, maybe?

Cary flying solo might be an interesting arc for next year, but I personally find it a bit boring. Alicia is being careful about it, but as a partner what she should do is tell the other partners and have them fired - or a couple of them. I'd love to see David Lee's take on it.

Ok, that's it for now... need to watch this again.