Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 4.07 Episode Discussion Thread - Anatomy of a Joke (11/11/2012)

Episode 4.07 - Anatomy of a Joke

WRITTEN BY: Craig Turk, Robert King and Michelle King
DIRECTED BY: James Whitmore, Jr
AIRDATE: 11/11/2012

Happy TGW Sunday!

Summary

Cast List and Stills

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Kiki17; 11-11-2012 at 04:56 PM
Old 11-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hope Will gets more than 2 minutes of screen time this week
Old 11-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hope Will gets more than 2 minutes of screen time this week
Josh was probably editing his episode so I don't think he'll be back in the lead.
But I think we'll see him more.

ETA: it's official, the show has just crossed the line into crass.

Last edited by Gelfling; 11-11-2012 at 06:50 PM
Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Addicted Fan

About tonight's episode:

Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

I loved Cary. And the Alicia/Cary interaction (mostly) and finally a Cary/Kalinda/Alicia scene that looked like S1...
the rest was forgettable I think. Too much Amanda Peet, boring case, bad lines (comedy? really?!) and the whole penis/boobs...

Also the honks? Seriously? Why didn't they just bleep it so that we'd remember what they were talking about? Network censorship and all that.

Last edited by Gelfling; 11-11-2012 at 08:15 PM
Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't really know what to say about the ep. It was ok.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

At least they finally gave Matt something else to do than sneer and glare. About time!

Don't you love how Alicia is fast friends with just about anyone this season, except Kalinda? It's so sweet.

Last edited by Gelfling; 11-11-2012 at 08:21 PM
Old 11-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Episode was just ok, some of my thoughts: (this is going to be brief cause I am so angry I lost my TGW DVR tonight )

-Alicia/Cary I was so pleased. It was such a nice scene, nice interactions. It was nice that Cary got some screen time since the fist 4 episodes he barely got two scenes. So good for Matt. And I think it gave us some great A/C stuff so pleased! It was all warm and fuzzy
-Cary's dad was a real douche, damn! Give Cary a hug someone
-Geneva such underused, wished we could get her mom.
-Alicia and her laugh are everything to me
-Didn't find Ricci funny, and the case didn't really do much for me. And office politics wasn't all that great either.
-Nice to see an C/K/A scene together
-Peet was back, wasn't expecting that, though I knew she was coming back but didn't think it was now. Was it a three episode deal?
- Alicia getting a call asking her "Does she like Brazilian food" WTF! And that Brazilian birthmark, on my lord WTH......"Boy you ever wonder about this country" and after Patreus even more true :lol
-So did I miss something but whats the connection between Maddie/Indira? Did Maddie put her up too? Or Maddie is still getting information from her cause she thinks Indira is telling the truth?
-I think the most important line of this episode "People hire people they know, its not wrong, it just is"......so so so so very true
-Clarke needs to calm down a bit. And David Lee still rocks

Next's weeks promo!!!

(this was suppose to be brief, but not sure what happened )

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Absolute Fan

This case was very confusing. I don't understand how the comedienne won her case when she left the meeting. Did she promise to never make lewd jokes again, and yet she was on TV telling more jokes. I don't get it.

Quote:
-So did I miss something but whats the connection between Maddie/Indira? Did Maddie put her up too? Or Maddie is still getting information from her cause she thinks Indira is telling the truth?
I think they were saying that Maddie knew Indira even before the magazine story, and that Maddie had told Indira to lie and get the story out. Meaning that Maddie knew she was going to run all along; she was lying when she said she only decided to run later.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

The episode was enjoyable, not my favorite but still great to watch. For me the highlights were:

-Definitely the Alicia and Cary scenes, love them together!!! The hotel room scene was great and I love their friendship, they have so much respect for each other now. They were very sweet
-The whole Brasil thing was hilarious, especially the Brasilian food phone call. And Alicia and Peter had again a great phone conversation
-It was nice to see David Lee again, he's still his old grumpy and manipulative self
-Not sure about Amanda Peet yet... I like the actress and I like the idea of Alicia having a friend but it all fell a little flat for me, although the scene with Peter was great.
-I miss the Alicia/Will interaction, I hope we'll get that in the upcoming episodes
-I liked that Cary got a little action with the comedienne, he deserved it after all his dad stuff (that guy is really insensitive, poor Cary!) and that Alicia was all interested in Cary's love life
Old 11-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Loyal Fan

I can't believe it has come to this with a show I'm obsessed with but I was bored out of my wits while watching this epi, my mind was constantly wandering ... It has nothing to do with the lack of W/A interaction (though I'm pained by the complete obliteration of this wonderful relationship). Hope the next episodes will be different! What a pity!!!

Last edited by Limbo bimbo; 11-12-2012 at 02:14 AM
Old 11-12-2012, 02:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well I thought this episode was very, very good. First people whine about arch going too fast, then they whine about it going too slowly (especially in the reviews). Do you listen to yourselves? Random thoughts and palm smacks:

- Is this TGW I'm watching?
- Alicia saying in court: "that the program would be delayed by football overruns" Hehe, the writers. They don't hate to break the fourth wall in these ways and they are pretty good at it. Other nice quote: "Like a cable show."
- Theresa was great. It almost had the same dynamic as Colin Sweeney because client him-/herself is the biggest obstacle in the way of victory.
- I said something a lot dirtier than breasts when Mao started selling the firm to Preston. Glad though that David Lee got his moment of triumph in the end.
- Will and Diane should always stay in the same room together.
- Nice Alicia/Cary interraction. We wanted more Cary, we got it.
- Cary's father is a JERK.
- Amanda Peet is stunning.
- Maddie Hayworth is such a bitch.
- Alicia is great as always.
- I am considering about contributing to breast cancer.

I think we got to see something in this episode that is rather important. Alicia has no trouble calling Peter to get Amanda Peet's character hired, but Cary gets extremely disgusted about the situation he is put to with his father. A couple of seasons ago Alicia was the one that wanted to be as ethical as a free chicken, while Cary would do whatever it takes. Their roles have shifted.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance (View Post)

I think we got to see something in this episode that is rather important. Alicia has no trouble calling Peter to get Amanda Peet's character hired, but Cary gets extremely disgusted about the situation he is put to with his father. A couple of seasons ago Alicia was the one that wanted to be as ethical as a free chicken, while Cary would do whatever it takes. Their roles have shifted.
Very very good observation, I hadn't thought of it when I watched but it totally makes sense.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:02 AM
New Fan

I'm liking the ease of interaction between Alicia and Peter these days. The tension seems to have eased and it seems they like talking TO each other again not AT each other. There was some good dialog between them.