Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 1.23 Episode Discussion Thread - Running (May 25th, 2010)

Episode 1.23 - Running
Airdate: May 25th, 2010
Writers:
Director:

Alicia must decide if she'll stand by her man
during Peter's new political campaign,
or if she'll pursue a relationship with Will instead

Last edited by Gelfling; 07-31-2011 at 07:42 PM
Old 05-23-2010, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT
Old 05-23-2010, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oooooo

thanks for the thread Es
Old 05-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I hate that I now have to stay up to tweet with Matt.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 05-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnღfairytale (View Post)
I hate that I now have to stay up to tweet with Matt.
I forgot to post it here :

Fans of The Good Wife....this is it! We're down to the final episode of the season and this Twitter Tuesday, we're going to be joined by series star Matt Czuchry and executive producer David Zucker!

Twitter Tuesday with The Good Wife - Season Finale! | Busy Moms Blog | Rolemommy
Old 05-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I read that yesterday on twitter, but my internet connection is as much working as Cary on SLG right now. WHich means not at all
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 05-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

One episode closer to The Great Time of Denial!

TFTNT.

Matt is taking on Twitter duties thos Tueday? I'm so there! I never go to bed on Tuesdays anymore anyway!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Good way of putting it Carla One more to go till the long wait begins. Im hoping the cliffhangers will only drive us slightly crazy and not fricking insane.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Bah... if the finale doesn't drive us insane, it will be the loooong wait between the first spoilers in July and the real episodes in September that will so all in all, FF should look like a frickin' Mad House pretty soon

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Extreme Fan

It's so great to be back. Had a back breaking couple of weeks, but it all turned out Ok. And my reward is reading the pages and pages of new posts. I won't ever have time to reply to all the ones I want to, so I'll just start afresh.
NEW EPISODE!!!! I'm in denial about this being the last episode of the season right now. I want to watch it today if possible, immediately is preferable. As for the great void that'll surely follow, I'll just worry about that when it comes around. I know for a fact that somewhere after a month of TGW deprivation I'll start a systematic rewatch of the season.
Back to the immediate - the finale. More specifically the piece of it that we have. It's already got my shippery heart all aflutter. Finally Will seems to be using his words. In 'Boom' when Alicia tells Kalinda to "use her words", i never thought the same advice/reprimand would be necessary for Will/Alicia as well. They just never seem to talk in anything but halting, incomplete, vague sentences. I get that it is a part of their relationship, where they don't really know how to relate to each other anymore, and saying even a little is probably saying too much. But still I'm relieved that something may finally make sense. It is the finale after all, a little bit of specificity never killed anyone.
The promo is a little confusing coz it makes it out to look like Alicia has to decide whether to take Will's call or go to Peter. But we already know that she does take his call ( it has to be him she is talking to leaning against the wall). Maybe the moment where she has the phone in her hand and is looking towards Peter is after she's just spoken to Will and just hung up. (or maybe.....it was voicemail earlier and now he's actually calling. gah....the things my brain comes up with) And after whatever conversation it is they had, she still decides to go up and join Peter. I'm 99% sure that she will infact join him. There's no story otherwise. And Peter's campaign can't really go very far if it gets off to such a rocky start. He'll become a laughing stock to Childs and to the public. Eli's role in all this is also very unclear as of yet. AC made it sound like he would be deeply involved.

I think the show is going to a very intriguing and a very discomfiting place for all its characters. Alicia making choices that she may not necessarily endorse in a wholehearted fashion, Peter making compromises when fighting for an absolute is what was needed. I agree with Mare, Alicia does not look at all happy standing there with Peter. I think he's trying to convince her of all the wrong things. She cares about his being SA, but not as much as she cares about what it means to their personal life. I don't think she needs him to try to sell her on the fact that this time he is going to be an honest, upstanding SA but rather that this time he going to be an honest and attentive husband. In legal terms good husband trumps great SA (What??? I can quote Will here!!! This is public domain) How he can't read that on her face is beyond me. Too caught up in his own thirst for power/purpose?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt Soo excited! Even though it makes me sad that then we have to wait soooooooo long

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm in denial about this being the last episode of the season right now.
Me too, I hate the summer hiatus...
But I think we are lucky too, it could have been over a long time ago with only 13?? episodes.

Quote:
I know for a fact that somewhere after a month of TGW deprivation I'll start a systematic rewatch of the season.
We should do a marathon. Watch 1 episode every week. I'll talk to Laila about it
Old 05-24-2010, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Good idea
Old 05-24-2010, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Disguise (View Post)
We should do a marathon. Watch 1 episode every week. I'll talk to Laila about it
I warmly agree
Old 05-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread!!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]