Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-06-2010, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glenn Childs/Titus Welliver Appreciation Thread #3 - Making Bad Look Oh So Good...

Welcome to the 3rd
Glenn Childs / Titus Welliver
Appreciation Thread

SupportersList
- Brilliant Disguise
- autumnღfairytale
- Det.Logan
- *MaryMgo*
- Rian
- Ana Banana
PreviousTitles
#1 - Glenn Childs/Titus Welliver Appreciation Thread #1 ~ Because he's never made a woman angry before
#2 - Because villains can be handsome and charming too
TitusFilmography
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0920038/
Old 09-06-2010, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A couple of links for those who want to start follow SoA:

'Sons of Anarchy' Catch-Up Guide

Executive Producer Kurt Sutter Interview SONS OF ANARCHY
Old 09-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
A couple of links for those who want to start follow SoA:

'Sons of Anarchy' Catch-Up Guide

Executive Producer Kurt Sutter Interview SONS OF ANARCHY
Thanks for the new thread! Love the title.

I watched the DVDs of SoA over the weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to follow the plot come Tues. night.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT

I'm so hyper for SOA's premiere, almost makes me forget how impatient I'm getting for TGW's premiere

How did you like it so far, Ana?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 09-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm kinda pisssed at myself for not watching it earlier.
Is it dark? Oh, yes. But the show does great job of humanizing the lifestyle and not making them stereotypically biker bad. You see the bonds between them and their code of living. And how I adore Katey Segal andRon Perlman in this. What a couple.

Still a little confused about what the Aryans pulled and how it pissed off the IRA in relation to SAMCRO. And I heart Titus, but sometimes I couldn't get what he was saying with that accent!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm kinda pisssed at myself for not watching it earlier.
That's what I thought too when I started watching. I guess the advertising didn't do it justice. And you're right, they walk a fine line but they manage to make them interesting without making them unrealistic types.

Quote:
And how I adore Katey Segal andRon Perlman in this. What a couple.
Are you pissed they didn't even get an Emmy nod, yet?

Quote:
Still a little confused about what the Aryans pulled and how it pissed off the IRA in relation to SAMCRO.
It got a little complicated in S2 with the gun runs.

Quote:
And I heart Titus, but sometimes I couldn't get what he was saying with that accent!
I think his accent was just great. If I didn't know him I'd think he was from Belfast! But I can understand it quite well since my oldest online friend is Irish and his accent is exactly the same! Thankfully we've been phoning each other every few weeks for over 15 years so I had some training but it took some time, let me tell ya

Old 09-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I admit I watch the show just for the bikes because if i start thinking about the rest I would surely stop. I have an Harley, I know something about that world and I despise it.

Katie is oustanding (really, where is the nomination?) but I really can't even start to understand her character, how can you bear such a lack of reaspect from your man... not to mention that women are not admitted in the group.

Sometimes while watching Mad Men I get pissed by the way women were treated in the early '60 then I think that SoA in set in 2010
Old 09-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Katie is oustanding (really, where is the nomination?) but I really can't even start to understand her character, how can you bear such a lack of reaspect from your man... not to mention that women are not admitted in the group.
I think they did a good job with that in S2. She really doesn't see herself as part of SAMCRO but more as the mother of a big family. It's not that she's not part of the group, it's that she sees herself as having another role.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

TFTNT!
Old 09-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I think they did a good job with that in S2. She really doesn't see herself as part of SAMCRO but more as the mother of a big family. It's not that she's not part of the group, it's that she sees herself as having another role.
Sorry but she knows about his husband's actions (with other women and with guns & drugs) and I really don't follow... of course it's a TV show so I'm more lenient but there is really not a single thing to learn here.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
of course it's a TV show so I'm more lenient but there is really not a single thing to learn here.
It's not a tv show you watch for moral lessons, that's for sure. But it's realistic. Somehow I'd love TGW to be a little more realistic with the characters, a little less "white knight" "American hero".

Old 09-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Supreme Fan

I SOA especially because the characters are abject! Perverse? Maybe

Thanks for the new thread. I hope we get plenty Titus to discuss after next week!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Between SoA, "The Town" and TGW, I don't think he's had such a high-profile month is quite awhile.

Hence, no better time to embarass him with old resume shots.

Sorry, can't amek them any bigger, but what was with the long hair. This was way before Deadwood...
Old 09-07-2010, 02:33 AM
Elite Fan

oh wow! Thanks Rian. I love the long hair look. He could have played a biker in SOA with that look