Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Character Personality Questionnaire Thread #1

The Character
"Personality Analysis"

Questionnaire
Thread

One character, twenty questions, three days... let's speculate and enjoy!!!

Questions:
01 - White lie or Painful truth?
02 - 10 acquaintances or 2 close friends?
03 - Hug or Kiss?
04 - Closest friends:?
05 - Best quality as a friend?
06 - The worst thing a friend could to do him/her?
07 - Coffee: black, sugar, cream?
08 - Smoking / Non-smoking?
09 - Hot Dog or Salad?
10 - Favorite Food?
11 - Favorite Alcoholic beverage?
12 - Favorite Non-alcoholic beverage?
13 - Favorite Snack?
14 - Cravings?
15 - Favorite Ice-cream flavour
16 - Salty, Sweet or Spicy?
17 - Usual Breakfast?
18 - Home-made meals or Takeout?
19 - In her/his fridge:

Last edited by Gelfling; 09-28-2010 at 05:45 PM
Old 07-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh, this is interesting!!! Gotta think about the answers!
Thanks for putting this up, Laila!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting this Laila!

I'll give the answers some thought.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You can just answer the question you like
Old 07-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Oh okay, cool!
Old 07-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!!

This is interesting have not seen this before, I am excited about it

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Supreme Fan

Very cool! Thanks for giving it a go, Laila And thanks to Carla's sister for giving us something to do on this incredibly long summer hiatus

Anyone wants to give it a try? I could start but then nobody else will try it
Old 07-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

No sure start Lily, then we can discuss you answers in regards to what we think would be the answer.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Supreme Fan

Alright then I'll start
Some of these are really obvious with Alicia IMO and might get more complicated with other characters ;-) Some at the end, I'll just wing because I have no idea what Alicia's favorite smell could be so everyone should take a swing at these because your guess is as good as mine!

01 - Simple or Complicated? Simple.
Everyone is complex but I think Alicia is yearning for a life with as little complications as possible. Thoughts?

02 - Cat person or Dog person? Dog.
Loyal and affectionate.

03 - Better safe or sorry? Safe.
I can't think of anyone I know who's LESS of a risk taker than Alicia but Ryan the almost lawyer got it right, she probably wish it was different. She wants more danger.

04 - Glass half-full or half-empty? Half full.
She's an undefeatable optimist.

05 - Present, Past or Future? Past.
I think that's one of the reasons she can't forgive Peter. She's too focused on how good things were between them and she didn't see the problems coming. And now she can't forget about them and think of the future.

06 - Give or Take? Give.
Way too much. She has to make a conscious effort to take.

07 - Fire or Ice? Ice.
She's passionate about things but she doesn't let it show. That's the one thing she has in common with Kalinda I think, her restraint. I wonder if she was like that all along or if it's the scandal that made her that way.

08 - Messy or Tidy? Tidy.
Another form of control.

09 - Sunrise or Sunset? Sunrise.
I think it's like the glass half full thing, she's more interested in beginnings than endings, I think.

10 - Sun or Moon? ? Sun?
I have no idea!

11 - Morning or Night person? Morning.
Same thing

12 - Save or Spend? Save.
That's the risk taking thing. Although there's an argument to be made that they had to sell the house to pay Peter's defense so I'm guessing they didn't have that much in the back

13 - Truth or Dare? Truth.
I'd say Truth only because she's not a risk taker but in the context of a game, maybe she'd go for Dare just to get a little risk at no cost. And I don't know if she can afford the truth. Thoughts?

14 - Kids or no kids? I guess she'll keep the ones she have

15 - Pride / Envy / Sloth / Gluttony / Greed / Lust / Anger? I can't see her committing a single one of these so I'll say Lust just 'cuz we need one and well... Will and all

16 - Favorite season? Spring?
I don't know. Something girly with flowers and butterflies and little baby birds.

17 - Favorite word? Mom

18 - Favorite sound? Tough one... Something that spells freedom, like the wind or something (plenty of that in Chicago, right? )

19 - Worst sound? People in pain
She's too sympathetic to stand the pain or misery of others.

20 - Favorite smell? Something comforting and delicate like soap.

Ok. YOur turn, guys. What do you think? Agree? Disagree? Comments? Suggestions?

Last edited by Gelfling; 07-07-2012 at 01:02 AM
Old 07-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Good answers

Quote:
She's too focused on how good things were between them and she didn't see the problems coming. And now she can't forget about them and think of the future.
Absolutely! So very true here She was caught by surprise and has not been able to understand why. Definitely living in the past.

Quote:
I think Alicia is yearning for a life with as little complications as possible. Thoughts?
ITA! She even tells Will "I do not want everywhere I go to be a mess" She does not like it.

Quote:
Glass half-full or half-empty? Half full.
Yes and no. I am still thinking about this. She has been more apathetic recently as if she cannot trust anyone or like things do not seem to surprise her anymore. (remember when Will asked her if she was ok about seeing the body, and she was very nonchalant about it) So I see where you are coming from but I think she has lost a lot of her optimism. So yes she did tend to see things half full but I think this is changing.

Very cool idea thanks for sharing Carla!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-19-2010, 04:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinda Smith (View Post)
Everyone is complex but I think Alicia is yearning for a life with as little complications as possible. Thoughts?
Quote:
I can't think of anyone I know who's LESS of a risk taker than Alicia but Ryan the almost lawyer got it right, she probably wish it was different. She wants more danger.
Totally true. She doesn't like risks for sure. But I don't know if it's always been so or if this was a consequence of the recent events. Maybe she's always been a person who goes for less risky things, but that must have gotten worse. She's leaned any mistake could make you lose a lot. Moreover, she's got a lot of responsibilities, mainly her kids, and she can't take risks there.

Quote:
Ice.
She's passionate about things but she doesn't let it show. That's the one thing she has in common with Kalinda I think, her restraint. I wonder if she was like that all along or if it's the scandal that made her that way.
Ice for sure, but she seemed freer in the flashbacks. Maybe she used to show more emotions.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

I stay off the board for one day, and you start without me
Thanks Laila

Quote:
Very cool idea thanks for sharing Carla!
It was Lily's idea to use it here but I'll pass it on to Ness, she'll be happy to know it's being put to good use

Quote:
Well there's me
Maybe she's changing a little bit. She's not a thrill-seeker, that's certain, but she is taking more risks lately. She stole possible evidence in Hi, so that answer might change soon

Quote:
She doesn't like risks for sure. But I don't know if it's always been so or if this was a consequence of the recent events.
That's what I was wondering. Ryan tells her "look at who you married" but I don't think she ever viewed Peter as a dangerous man, that's why she was stunned when everything started. She didn't see it coming. It's hard to tell since we don't even know what kind of teenager she was or anything about her past pre-Peter.

Quote:
04 - Glass half-full or half-empty? Half full.
I have to agree with Kiki here. I'm not sure about that one. I think she has faith in people in general but she's been slapped out of it by the scandal and although she still wants to trust people, I'm not sure she can be as naive as she was before.

Quote:
05 - Present, Past or Future? Past.
I think that's one of the reasons she can't forgive Peter
Now that one is a definite 10-4. She's got a nostalgic side to her that makes it impossible for her to move forward. She has to snap out of it or even the present might be hard to deal with.

Quote:
07 - Fire or Ice? Ice.
She's definitely very controlled emotionally. But like Ellie said, she seems more extraverted in those flashbacks. So it could just be damage control. I think someone who get stared at everywhere she goes and gets cameras shoved in her face for a good few months will learn quickly how to mask her emotions.

Quote:
13 - Truth or Dare? Truth.
I'd say Truth only because she's not a risk taker but in the context of a game, maybe she'd go for Dare just to get a little risk at no cost. And I don't know if she can afford the truth. Thoughts?
I'd say Dare. Like you say, she's attracted to a little risk. I guess it depends who she's playing with.
I think she's fed up with lies so it could be either.

Quote:
18 - Favorite sound? Tough one... Something that spells freedom, like the wind or something
I like that

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
She even tells Will "I do not want everywhere I go to be a mess" She does not like it.
Forgot about that line. Yep. That's the one clearcut thing about Alicia. She wants life to be simpler again.

Quote:
She has been more apathetic recently as if she cannot trust anyone or like things do not seem to surprise her anymore. (remember when Will asked her if she was ok about seeing the body, and she was very nonchalant about it) So I see where you are coming from but I think she has lost a lot of her optimism. So yes she did tend to see things half full but I think this is changing.
You're right here. She is optmistic by nature but the scandal and her life since then has made her more cynical. I don't know if it's a profound enough change to knock her off her natural instincts but she'll need some time to recover and she's changing for sure. Guess we'll see in S2

Quote:
Maybe she's always been a person who goes for less risky things, but that must have gotten worse. She's leaned any mistake could make you lose a lot. Moreover, she's got a lot of responsibilities, mainly her kids, and she can't take risks there.
True again. It would be helpful to learn a little about her life before she met/married Peter to get a sense of her conformity/risk-taking. Some family background would be nice too.

Quote:
She stole possible evidence in Hi, so that answer might change soon
That's right. Forgot about that too. She didn't seem to be thrilled about it though so a life of crime is still far away

Quote:
Ice for sure, but she seemed freer in the flashbacks. Maybe she used to show more emotions.
Yep. I might have spoken too soon here. She's keeping a tight rein on her emotions. And it's not just a facade. She doesn't go to the bathroom to cry alone. She is maintaining her composure because the slightest crack could break up the dam and flood her. She can't afford that. She has to keep it together. But we only know the post-scandal Alicia so it's hard to tell who she was before that. She did seem more care-free and bubbly in those flashbacks, to the point she was resented by her Highland Park "friends"

Quote:
She has to snap out of it or even the present might be hard to deal with.
Easier said than done. We are nothing but the sum of our past experiences and when something traumatic happens, it's a natural reflex to cling to life as it was before. But I think she has always been the nostalgic kind. It doesn't help her now but she probably won't change. That doesn't mean she can't make plans for the future but it makes it all the harder to when she can't let go of the mistakes in the past.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
True again. It would be helpful to learn a little about her life before she met/married Peter to get a sense of her conformity/risk-taking. Some family background would be nice too.

Quote:
That's right. Forgot about that too. She didn't seem to be thrilled about it though so a life of crime is still far away
She wasn't thrilled, but I think she enjoyed that somehow. You know, when she hung upo the phone while Will was thinking what to do, that was her. I think that's the moment when she started to think grey and not black and white anymore.

Quote:
She is maintaining her composure because the slightest crack could break up the dam and flood her. She can't afford that. She has to keep it together. But we only know the post-scandal Alicia so it's hard to tell who she was before that. She did seem more care-free and bubbly in those flashbacks, to the point she was resented by her Highland Park "friends"
Again, I agree with you. She has to be strong and composed because of her kids, because of her job, because of Jackie controlling every little thing she does, because of Will too.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't know if it's a profound enough change to knock her off her natural instincts but she'll need some time to recover and she's changing for sure. Guess we'll see in S2
There might be a change back to her old self coming. It's spoiler related so I'm not discussing it here but if it plays out like they have been announcing it, it could be that she's actively trying to go back to a more optimistic angle.

Quote:
Some family background would be nice too.
Hehe. We should write a song about that. It'd spare us the repetition over and over on the board!

Quote:
She didn't seem to be thrilled about it though so a life of crime is still far away
Ok but she did it anyway. She's not about to turn into Kalinda, that's certain but she is taking more risks. Actively.

Quote:
You know, when she hung upo the phone while Will was thinking what to do, that was her. I think that's the moment when she started to think grey and not black and white anymore.
She made the call. Not Will.

Quote:
But we only know the post-scandal Alicia so it's hard to tell who she was before that. She did seem more care-free and bubbly in those flashbacks, to the point she was resented by her Highland Park "friends"
It's hard to say when that was without a timeline. If they had shown Kenny as a kid, we could have made a rough guess how long ago that was and how long before the scandal but there's no way to say for sure.

Quote:
We are nothing but the sum of our past experiences and when something traumatic happens, it's a natural reflex to cling to life as it was before
That's nicely put

Quote:
Again, I agree with you. She has to be strong and composed because of her kids, because of her job, because of Jackie controlling every little thing she does, because of Will too.
Not to mention the press she must have had on her back for months hoping to catch a breakdown.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"