Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Alicia/Kalinda Appreciation Thread #11 - Better start moving on our wishlist, writers! We're running out of titles!

welcome to the official
alicia · kalinda
a p p r e c i a t i o n t h r e a d

Kalicia on Tumblr
Kalicia on Livejournal

SUPPORTERS

01. autumnღfairytale
02. Little_Grey
03. snatches of sunshine
04. Eternal Flame
05. Lennie1984
06. Brilliant Disguise
07. Libra
08. Lazy
09. Lostcandy
10. crazy_diamond
11. .: DoDs:.
12. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
13. Kiki17
14. xmidnightx
15. Pan
16. loganandroryforever
17. Kalinda Smith
18. Lily Marie
19. Gelfling
20. Hugo
21. BK.
22. Miss Femina
23. light me up
24. Broccoli
25. Tomorrow Morning
26. zuzoka
27. RyeLyn
28. Couch Tomato
29. goodwifefan
30. nlpnlp
31. ChrissyDiva
32. TobyJenna
33. Atsuko
34. Vicky
35. girl.inthewar

Alicia: Does anyone ever surprise you?
Kalinda: No.
Alicia: Even me?
Kalinda: Especially you.

Alicia: I am amazed at how little I know about you.
Kalinda: What do you wanna know?
Alicia: I'm not sure.

Our wishlist
- Alicia going to Kalinda's apartment
- A road trip
- A & K stuck in an elevator
- a hug/any physical contact
- Alicia playing nurse for K (no dirty thoughts!)
- Sex talk (could that just be girl talk?)
-Dancing

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 10-08-2012 at 08:33 PM
Old 10-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Ohhh you liked my titles ideas I feel so honored

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

you know I love your titles

Who knows? Maybe they WILL get moving on the wishlist and we'll be able to change the title

where IS that wishlist?

Old 10-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Who knows? Maybe they WILL get moving on the wishlist and we'll be able to change the title
That would be great!! They have to, they read everything else on the forum

Quote:
where IS that wishlist?
After some searching (I added dancing cause some mentioned it)

Quote:
So this is our wishlist this far. Now we either need the writers to see it or we need fic writers to make them come true (maybe we should have a contest. The one writer who can have it all in one fic wins a prize )

-- Alicia going to Kalinda's apartment
- A road trip
- A & K stuck in an elevator
- a hug/any physical contact
- Alicia playing nurse for K (no dirty thoughts!)
- Sex talk (could that just be girl talk?)
-Dancing

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT! I have so many wishes for these two this new season (but I'm done with the hopes...)

Quote:
I'm hoping (more like praying!) that they're going to use the husband to make Kalinda open up to Alicia. You know that interview in TV Guide? I think that's what Archie might have been talking about. Not Nick so much as the vulnerability it might lead to with "her friends".
I didn't mind the tiny little bit we had of the two of them on the premiere, but I'd prefer that scene would have gone in a different way.... like even if Kalinda kept being Kalinda, Alicia would have noticed her bruises and ask her about it. But not in a polite kind of way, like she used to, but in a way of someone that's going nowhere before getting a proper explanation.

Quote:
Alicia playing nurse for K (no dirty thoughts!)
Thank You Universe for Fics!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

*Confused*
I need some help here...
What had happened in episode 2 made me thought did they completely give up on A/K? Kalinda told Alicia that man was her husband, was she trying to be forthcoming or just to hurt Nick? Alicia was like her being herself: Oh, more secrets, surprised but nothing to ask or to say. Just as usual. What was that?
Their hall way talking? It seemed so artificial and forced, in the "Oh, let's not forget to let these too interact, so the fans won't whine about it" way. To me, this scene had lost their season 1/2 chemistry, nor awkward, just felt forced.
With this boring Nick thing, where are they going with A/K? If they plan to make Kalinda vulnerable because of Nick, to get Alicia (and other friends) to help her, well this Nick didn't seem dangerous (nor sexy) at all! Just like a little boy with some serious issues....

Quote:
like even if Kalinda kept being Kalinda, Alicia would have noticed her bruises and ask her about it. But not in a polite kind of way, like she used to, but in a way of someone that's going nowhere before getting a proper explanation.
Why didn't they do this? Screaming for a wonderful fanfic!

Last edited by RyeLyn; 10-08-2012 at 06:53 AM
Old 10-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
After some searching (I added dancing cause some mentioned it)
I added it to the OP!

Quote:
like even if Kalinda kept being Kalinda, Alicia would have noticed her bruises and ask her about it. But not in a polite kind of way, like she used to, but in a way of someone that's going nowhere before getting a proper explanation.
Don't get me wrong, at least they're talking but Alicia has more "connection" with that Maddie character than with Kalinda in two episodes and I'm beginning to worry again.

Quote:
Kalinda told Alicia that man was her husband, was she trying to be forthcoming or just to hurt Nick? Alicia was like her being herself: Oh, more secrets, surprised but nothing to ask or to say. Just as usual. What was that?
Yep. My exact thought. I was overjoyed that Kalinda 2.0 was going for unprompted honesty... but then nothing happened. Instead of manipulating Alicia, she told her the truth and Alicia just went "oh more problems on my desk "
I'm beginning to hope that Maddie character really screws her over so that she'll remember what actual friendship without demands is.

Quote:
Their hall way talking? It seemed so artificial and forced, in the "Oh, let's not forget to let these too interact, so the fans won't whine about it" way. To me, this scene had lost their season 1/2 chemistry,
Yes again. It feels like all the relationships, besides maybe Diane/Will have lost their soul.

Quote:
If they plan to make Kalinda vulnerable because of Nick, to get Alicia (and other friends) to help her, well this Nick didn't seem dangerous (nor sexy) at all! Just like a little boy with some serious issues....
I'm beginning to wonder if this "storyline" will have any consequence at all besides Kalinda having not really sexy sex scenes in every episode. After 2 episodes, we have learned nothing about Kalinda that we didn't already know since S2. She has a husband. She left him. Even less because now he's not even really dangerous... according to Kalinda.

Guess he's only dangerous when they need a *gasp* in season finale

Old 10-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Bringing here my unanswered thoughts I had posted in the episode thread regarding Alicia and Kalinda:

I’m so curious to see how Alicia is going to handle the imposition of Hayden concerning dropping Nick as a client!! I mean, when did Kalinda ever ask Alicia for anything???? Now I want to see her response! Is she going to do anything to help Kalinda??

Quote:
What had happened in episode 2 made me thought did they completely give up on A/K? Kalinda told Alicia that man was her husband, was she trying to be forthcoming or just to hurt Nick? Alicia was like her being herself: Oh, more secrets, surprised but nothing to ask or to say. Just as usual. What was that?
It's like they at the bottom of a dark, dark well with this bad story of Kalinda's husband... Which is a waste imo. I don't mind Marc, I could even take "a" husband, but this way, and not shredding Kalinda's character when she's near him. If they wanted to use that, why not make it to get Alicia and Kalinda closer

Quote:
Why didn't they do this? Screaming for a wonderful fanfic!
You 're right here! Anyone?! (i wish I had the time and the skills )

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, at least they're talking but Alicia has more "connection" with that Maddie character than with Kalinda in two episodes and I'm beginning to worry again.
I guess I haven't stop worrying. I do have a tiny little hope they will come around with these two, but I just feel the Kings and the writers are making some kind of experience on the fans, to see how far they can go until we walk away from the show. It's either that or they are testing the fans hearts, making them sadistic people.

As for Maddie, I don't mind her so far, I just don't want her taking an eventual time A & K could be getting back.

Quote:
I'm beginning to hope that Maddie character really screws her over so that she'll remember what actual friendship without demands is.
I'm ok with this too!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Bringing here my unanswered thoughts I had posted in the episode thread regarding Alicia and Kalinda:
Aww sorry! I haven't had time to post or really read the episode thread at all. Too much to do to keep the others alive!

Quote:
I mean, when did Kalinda ever ask Alicia for anything???? Now I want to see her response! Is she going to do anything to help Kalinda??
Not sure she can "do" anything. It's pretty much out of her hands... unless she decides to throw the case to prevent Nick from taking root in Chicago. THAT I'd love to see. But it doesn't sound like something Saint Alicia would do

Quote:
If they wanted to use that, why not make it to get Alicia and Kalinda closer
I just don't get it. I thought that was the endgame here. And maybe it is. But since they decided to make it last and last, they have to stretch it with a lot of nothingness again. The problem is, excuse my metaphors, but it's like putting water in a soup to make it last longer. The more you put in, the longer you'll go with the soup... but the flavor will be totally gone.

I believe the Maura Tierney character and her sudden unexpected (and interested) "friendship" with Alicia will also play a part. At least I hope so. Otherwise, it's, again, a waste of screentime.

Quote:
You 're right here! Anyone?! (i wish I had the time and the skills )
I'm working only on two fanfics at a time. But I'm planning a "what if..." series that would go back to every episode and dig into all those "how they hell did they miss that??" moments?

Quote:
It's either that or they are testing the fans hearts, making them sadistic people.
I do believe Robert King is a troll. In that he just enjoys seeing people get crazy and pissed about the show. But I don't think it's a case of trolling here. They just think that they'll get a better effect by delaying the reward.
I can't go into more details but I have (very educated) reasons to believe that there may be a *cough* bar *cough* scene *cough* within a few episodes. *cough*

Quote:
As for Maddie, I don't mind her so far, I just don't want her taking an eventual time A & K could be getting back.
Well like I said I find it all very... unnecessary. Unless ofc there's something more to it, which I hope there is. In that case, I don't mind.

Quote:
I'm ok with this too!
it might end up in my post S4 "what if" series though

Old 10-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yes, I think this is exactly the point of Maddie. I have no doubt at all that Maddie is playing Alicia for reasons that will be revealed down the road. My guess is that a strong feminist like Maddie isn't as admiring of someone who stands by her man as she's pretending to be.
Spoiler:
she'll show Alicia the difference between "friends" who use you and/or necessarily compete with you and friends like Kalinda, who just . . . are.

Quote:
I just don't get it. I thought that was the endgame here. And maybe it is. But since they decided to make it last and last, they have to stretch it with a lot of nothingness again. The problem is, excuse my metaphors, but it's like putting water in a soup to make it last longer. The more you put in, the longer you'll go with the soup... but the flavor will be totally gone.
That's a real worry, and one that I agree with. I've always felt that A/K is going to be a big, important dynamic this season, and I still feel that way--I see the pieces being moved into place. But I also feel that this CAN'T go on like this too much longer. The tension that has kept the A/K dynamic alive might well just fizzle out, particularly with everyone's impatience at having to deal with the Nick storyline. (I personally just want to fast forward to the point at which Kalinda is completely broken and Alicia is forced to recognize that and help her. Sitting through these scenes in which I'm forced to WATCH that happen is just not pleasant.) I know that it's in character for Alicia to be a little oblivious and not push Kalinda in any way, but the time will soon come when pushing is necessary, and I hope she actually DOES that.

Last edited by Gelfling; 10-11-2012 at 09:11 PM
Old 10-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaundice (View Post)
Yes, I think this is exactly the point of Maddie. I have no doubt at all that Maddie is playing Alicia for reasons that will be revealed down the road. My guess is that a strong feminist like Maddie isn't as admiring of someone who stands by her man as she's pretending to be.
I think another reason that Alicia is suddenly acquiring friends is that a criticism often made by people who don't 'see' Kalinda and Alicia's friendship as being very deep is that Alicia latched onto the first person she could and that was Kalinda. So if Alicia gets a bunch of new friends and still chooses to value her friendship with Kalinda over other relationships, that marks it out as special.

I was personally really distressed by Alicia in her scene with Kalinda in 4.02. I hope that was for dramatic purposes and that she's going to look back and see how she should not have allowed Kalinda to get away with backtracking about how dangerous Nick is. That really burned me.

Last edited by Gelfling; 10-11-2012 at 09:12 PM
Old 10-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes, I think this is exactly the point of Maddie. I have no doubt at all that Maddie is playing Alicia for reasons that will be revealed down the road.
I hope you're right. That's the only thing that makes sense to me but then I also thought Nick would be there for us to learn about Kalinda and so far not even a small comment that made us think he knows more about her than we do

Quote:
I also believe that Amanda Peet's character will play a similar function: she'll show Alicia the difference between "friends" who use you and/or necessarily compete with you and friends like Kalinda, who just . . . are.
Oh damn, I had forgotten about her. More "friends" for Alicia. And we're still waiting for any significant scene between A/K

I don't mind the waiting for something significant. Some things are even better when delayed. But I'd like a little bone thrown in our direction every once in a while. After a whole season of nothing, they could have a line or two that remind us that they are more than just colleagues, you know? Just a little intimacy wouldn't kill a scene or the effect of delaying reward.

(Sorry ladies, I had to edit your posts for spoilers. We're not supposed to discuss future characters I don't make the spoiler rules but I have to edit posts when I can)

Old 10-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I don't mind the waiting for something significant. Some things are even better when delayed. But I'd like a little bone thrown in our direction every once in a while. After a whole season of nothing, they could have a line or two that remind us that they are more than just colleagues, you know? Just a little intimacy wouldn't kill a scene or the effect of delaying reward.
I totally agree--it WOULD be nice! But I think what they're going for is to establish that Alicia is too busy to take much notice of Kalinda right now: she's distracted by everything going on at work and by Peter's election campaign, and it's making her slower to pick up on things than she might be otherwise. And we also have to consider that, even when Alicia and Kalinda were at the height of their friendship, they never pried into each other's lives and never pushed. It would actually be out of character for Alicia to start grilling Kalinda about her husband, much as we'd like her to (and much as it's the kind of thing that most friends would do without a second thought). Whatever the two of them are, and however deep their friendship might be, they've never been storybook best friends who communicate like normal people. But that said, I'm all in favor of a nice, out-of-character dialogue dump right about now!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

I got to say I been greatly disappointed on the lack of A/K, its really sad. I know I should not loose hope, but again A/K made the show fun, the teasing, their conversation. I don't need to see Kalinda with Nick or Blake or whoever they want to bring, honestly Kalinda is at her best when she talks to Alicia and when she is out investigating using her skills. I just wished we can have fun A/K again

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Am I the only one who enjoyed Kalinda's "Later" in Episode 2 so much? It was such a simple word and such a quick scene but the way Kalinda said it and the way Alicia reacted to it- it made me feel the spirit of their friendship again .