Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Total Fan

Awww, thanks for the pics! Kieran is a big boy now
Old 03-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

OOooh pictures!!

Quote:
Do you see how the A/T talk could derive in Alicia considering herself as the other woman? And also, how could this result in her considering a possible reconciliation with Peter?
In a way yes (I'll explain) and it really doesn't mean a reconciliation with Peter at all.

I think because the A/K feud "involved" Peter in some way, people tend to confuse both issues. But they are totally separate in Alicia's mind.
She felt Kalinda betrayed her trust but there was always a problem between them, a communication problem. What happened only blew it out of the water and that's why she's willing to give it another shot on different terms. Whatever happened took place long before they met. It's not at all the same thing with Peter.
Just because she's ready to move on with Kalinda (not necessarily forgive or forget), doesn't mean she would give Peter a third (!) chance.

The crucial difference imo is that she cares about Kalinda. I think she moved past that with Peter. He's the father of her kids but she is over him.

Quote:
I don't know other people, but when I am in conflict with someone because something happened between us I try to figure out how this person is feeling, and which were the facts that try to let them behave like that.
I wish more people did that. It would certainly mean a better world.

Quote:
IS NOT THE SAME, we all know that.
It definitely isn't BUT in Alicia's mind, she considered Tammy's point of view and I'm sure she thought it had nothing to do with her but she also probably thought there are two sides to every story and maybe, just maybe, she didn't give Kalinda a chance to explain hers?

Quote:
If you keep reading until here, you'll deserve a price
what do I get?

Quote:
I interpreted this as a sum of moments during the episode that made Alicia rethink her behavior towards Kalinda, not necessarily only from the A/T talk.
I don't know. What other moments in the episodes (or the previous episodes) felt relevant to the A/K situation?

Quote:
I do not think they are divorcing either, maybe during S4 but not now, I agree about Alicia deciding against a new scandal.
The title was always meant to be ironic. It doesn't matter anymore really. I think they could divorce. Why would that cause a scandal? Everyone has been wondering for years why she stayed with him. If she divorces him now, it won't cause much of a stir. It's old news.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-25-2012, 02:24 PM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the pics and the article!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
The crucial difference imo is that she cares about Kalinda. I think she moved past that with Peter. He's the father of her kids but she is over him.
And couldn't this be the reason why she went all mad at Kalinda but not Peter? I mean, she cares about Kalinda, expected something from her and felt deceived but on the other hand Alicia could not expect anything from Peter?

Quote:
she didn't give Kalinda a chance to explain hers?
I agree, Alicia never gave Kalinda the chance to explain, is it too late now? I believe Alicia was angry, blocked, whatever Kalinda had said, would not have changed her pain.

Quote:
what do I get?
The possibility of answering more doubts? It looks more like a punishment, but anyway

Quote:
I don't know. What other moments in the episodes (or the previous episodes) felt relevant to the A/K situation?
There were some situations that I considered important:

Alicia and the loan, the possibility of her leaving the firm, Alicia shutting Kalinda out for the umpteenth time and of course also Tammy. You think that Tammy's subtlety was the only reason for Alicia going to talk to Kalinda at the end of the episode?

Regarding previous episodes, it is more related to Kalinda than to Alicia. Kalinda talking to Will instead of Alicia, doesn't derive from the bad A/K situation? I mean, if they were in better terms, wouldn't be Alicia the first option as her lawyer?

Only the good ones leave early, I will miss you Caloi
Old 03-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And couldn't this be the reason why she went all mad at Kalinda but not Peter?
That's definitely how I read it. She couldn't even bring herself to confront Kalinda. But she did went for the throat with Peter, telling him "you slept with my best friend."
It hurt more with Kalinda because she cared and she wasn't expecting to be hurt. I don't think she had expectations about Peter anymore.

Quote:
I agree, Alicia never gave Kalinda the chance to explain, is it too late now?
Heh hope not but I don't think the writers will go there. Their background story is too flimsy to hold up if they have to get any deeper.

Quote:
I believe Alicia was angry, blocked, whatever Kalinda had said, would not have changed her pain.
It would only have made things worse. I think that's why Kalinda didn't even try to provide any kind of explanation. She's not one to excuse her behavior anyway and she knows Alicia too well to think it could have changed something. She took a step back and gave her some space instead.

Quote:
The possibility of answering more doubts? It looks more like a punishment, but anyway
nah I like having my peeps' backs when the show is screwing with their heads (quite the contortionist, am I )

Quote:
Alicia and the loan, the possibility of her leaving the firm, Alicia shutting Kalinda out for the umpteenth time and of course also Tammy.
Oh yes I agree there. I think she's needed a friend for most of the season and that scene was just the classic Banana-Pole-Chair moment that led her to rethink her attitude.

Quote:
You think that Tammy's subtlety was the only reason for Alicia going to talk to Kalinda at the end of the episode?
No, I was just curious about what you thought. I think that scene was the last piece of a puzzle maybe.

Quote:
Kalinda talking to Will instead of Alicia, doesn't derive from the bad A/K situation? I mean, if they were in better terms, wouldn't be Alicia the first option as her lawyer?
That scene never made sense to me anyway. Kalinda is not one to ask a question she knows the answer to.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

Alicia, Jules, you just don't get tired of breaking my heart and making me cry, don't you ?

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

Awwwww those looks!! man, she's good!!

Old 03-27-2012, 04:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Awwwww those looks!! man, she's good!!
I know. She can tell so much with her face. No words needed. I'm amazed.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

there were 2 more pics from More magazine posted on tumblr:

Old 03-27-2012, 07:45 AM
New Fan

Good gracious God! She is stunning!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Jules, WHY SO GORGEOUS ?

Quote:
man, she's good!!
She is amazing Another Emmy for her, please.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

OOooooohhh!!!! Anna!! Can't wait for the whole shoot!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

Awwww
Old 03-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

The April issue of More Magazine featuring Julianna Margulies was shown on WCBS 2 News
Old 03-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks

In minute 1:24 Jules looks sooooooo gorgeous and hot Red lipstick + red top

Old 03-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

ooooh that issue of More!! they really know how to make you want to buy it

Quote:
In minute 1:24 Jules looks sooooooo gorgeous and hot Red lipstick + red top
you're going frame by frame?
(I don't think anyone with a pulse could disagree to that!)