Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2018, 12:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That is good. Is she doing any acting?
I couldn't find anything on any new roles on screen but that doesn't mean she hasn't done anything since the last one listed online. I'm crossing my fingers maybe next year we will see her in something again.
Becca456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

oh no, I loved her on Everwood. RIP

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)

oh no, I loved her on Everwood. RIP
It's about time someone posted something about her death. Took so long.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:36 AM
Extreme Fan

so sad to read about her passing, she was so good as Nina, RIP Stephanie! Us Everwood fans love you!

ღ Lucky & Liz Fan ALWAYS--permanent lock ღ
Christina is
JoshnKatie#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for your thoughts.

We also are talking about it on this thread too:

http://www.fanforum.com/f104/everwoo...83/index4.html
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Here's a topic question for Nina.

What is your favorite Nina season and why?
Old 07-18-2019, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Here's a topic question for Nina.

What is your favorite Nina season and why?
Great question, Michelle!
I wish I remembered her appearances in all of the seasons...it's been so long! I guess I liked her best Season One when she was first introduced as Andy's neighbor. You saw an instant connection...just like when Amy and Ephram met. You just knew that this pairing was in the cards and meant to be. I liked how non-judgemental she was even as she watched Andy and Ephram go at it. Through this season she became close to the whole family and was such a wonderful neighbor giving great advice...especially to Ephram. I liked their relationship as well.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Great question, Michelle!
I wish I remembered her appearances in all of the seasons...it's been so long! I guess I liked her best Season One when she was first introduced as Andy's neighbor. You saw an instant connection...just like when Amy and Ephram met. You just knew that this pairing was in the cards and meant to be. I liked how non-judgemental she was even as she watched Andy and Ephram go at it. Through this season she became close to the whole family and was such a wonderful neighbor giving great advice...especially to Ephram. I liked their relationship as well.
I love your answer so much, I'm going to have to steal it. I came here to type out your thoughts. Completely agree.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:08 AM
Administrator

I would say Season One also, because we saw Nina be a supportive friend to Andy and his family, and I loved her interaction with them. She was the only one in Everwood who didn't look down on Andy when he had his grief induced hallucinations of Julia, and I loved the chemistry that her and Andy had.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Such a good point that Nina was the only one who didn’t look down on Andy while ‘seeing’ Julia. You just knew Andy/Nina were connected from the start. I also loved how she witnessed Andy/Ephram fighting (that classic fight) and was a calming force for Andy. They were so meant to be.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Such a good point that Nina was the only one who didn’t look down on Andy while ‘seeing’ Julia. You just knew Andy/Nina were connected from the start. I also loved how she witnessed Andy/Ephram fighting (that classic fight) and was a calming force for Andy. They were so meant to be.

Nina always respected Andy in those times when grieving the loss of Julia. She may not have understood the way Andy was dealing with things, like seeing Julia, but she did understand that's how Andy chose to handle Julia's passing and that meant everything.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
Nina always respected Andy in those times when grieving the loss of Julia. She may not have understood the way Andy was dealing with things, like seeing Julia, but she did understand that's how Andy chose to handle Julia's passing and that meant everything.
Absolutely. Nina just knew how to naturally interact and reach all of the Brown’s. When you think about it, that was a difficult task.

Delia was a hurt and confused girl who lost her mother and NYC, the only environment she knew. She had to watch her father and brother fight like crazy. She had to endure an idiotic adult babysitter who constantly made the wrong (and illegal) choices. Nina could reach Delia. Ephram was very angry when he first arrived. Yet in no time he’s getting advice from Nina on Amy. It was remarkable. Then there’s Andy who arrived cocky and set in his ways. But immediately Andy/Nina form a bond and understanding.

It is like Nina was their guardian angel in many ways.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Our discussions on A Thanksgiving Tale thread about a possible remake really got me thinking about Stephanie Niznik. Tragically, she died of chronic liver disease and chronic alcohol use. I think that Hollywood and the movie/television industry can be especially cruel to women. So much emphasis is put on youth and beauty, and once an actress isn’t quite so young and beautiful, they’re often tossed aside, and that seemed to be the case with Stephanie, who hadn’t appeared in any television show or movie since 2009. After Everwood ended, she was on a show called Life Is Wild that only lasted one season, and after that she only appeared as a guest star in a few shows here and there, and she had a role in a movie in 2009 called The Twenty, but she didn’t appear in any other show or movie for 10 years until her passing. I thought that Stephanie was very talented and she did a great job portraying Nina, so it’s so sad and tragic that she was apparently victimized by the entertainment industries penchant for young and beautiful actresses and she turned to alcohol to cope with her disappointment and it ultimately led to her early demise.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-26-2021, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Our discussions on A Thanksgiving Tale thread about a possible remake really got me thinking about Stephanie Niznik. Tragically, she died of chronic liver disease and chronic alcohol use. I think that Hollywood and the movie/television industry can be especially cruel to women. So much emphasis is put on youth and beauty, and once an actress isn’t quite so young and beautiful, they’re often tossed aside, and that seemed to be the case with Stephanie, who hadn’t appeared in any television show or movie since 2009. After Everwood ended, she was on a show called Life Is Wild that only lasted one season, and after that she only appeared as a guest star in a few shows here and there, and she had a role in a movie in 2009 called The Twenty, but she didn’t appear in any other show or movie for 10 years until her passing. I thought that Stephanie was very talented and she did a great job portraying Nina, so it’s so sad and tragic that she was apparently victimized by the entertainment industries penchant for young and beautiful actresses and she turned to alcohol to cope with her disappointment and it ultimately led to her early demise.
Perfectly stated.

It’s really sad. I am not blaming Berlanti, but he is known for using his past actors for other series. Greg directs for him, even Tom Amandes had a part on Arrow. It’s really too bad Stephanie wasn’t involved in his Superhero shows or other projects. Who knows, maybe she was asked and declined. We really don’t know. She was a fabulous actress and way too talented to have limited options post-Everwood. Hollywood is cruel.
Old 03-26-2021, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Perfectly stated.

It’s really sad. I am not blaming Berlanti, but he is known for using his past actors for other series. Greg directs for him, even Tom Amandes had a part on Arrow. It’s really too bad Stephanie wasn’t involved in his Superhero shows or other projects. Who knows, maybe she was asked and declined. We really don’t know. She was a fabulous actress and way too talented to have limited options post-Everwood. Hollywood is cruel.
Yes, Hollywood really is cruel, especially to women. So many times you see older actors paired with much younger women in movies, but you never really see an older actress paired with a younger man, or even paired with someone her own age.

Reply   Post New Thread