Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2019, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
Tvline, Variety, MSN and others confirmed her passing on June 23rd.
https://tvline.com/2019/07/12/stepha....co/YKnBJreCyi

Edited to post one of the articles
Thanks so much for this. Such sad news.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-12-2019, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

So sad. She was just 52.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
Brenda Strong retweeted TVline and tagged Treat then Marcia Cross retweeted her about Stephanie's passing.
Thanks. That's good.

So incredibly sad.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Wikipedia has updated:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_Niznik
Old 07-13-2019, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

There’s now multiple articles out there.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-13-2019 at 12:15 AM
Old 07-13-2019, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank God more people...especially her former cast mates are now aware. The lack of reaction made her death even more sad.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

According to Twitter there have been over 720 new tweets mentioning her since her death was announced. There should be a lot more but its better than nothing.

This whole thing has hit me hard. I just cant believe it. It's going to be difficult rewatching Everwood knowing Stephanie is gone.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

I'm really sad to hear about Stephanie. I'm a huge Everwood fan and I always loved her character Nina. RIP.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It's just so sad. Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

Regarding watching Everwood in a different way... for me, I separate characters from actors so it won't be an issue. I am the type that cringes when real life actors date each other because I'm scared it will affect the art on the screen or book. Then again, Everwood is my favorite show, so I could never stop watching or let anything get in the way of watching, lol.

That said, my mind will wander over to Stephanie (for sure) during my next watches when Nina is on the screen. It's going to be weird initially. I'll just have to keep my mind focused on Nina, the character.

Another love I have is Harry Potter... I'm a Book Traditionalist and don't love the films all too much... however, I do watch them. There's a few actors in the films who have passed like Richard Harris and Alan Rickman (and several others). Harris and Rickman are so good they really are who I imagine as Dumbledore and Snape.

So yes, I guess you have to separate as much as you can.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Stephanie is trending on google in the United States

She's trending in Canada too.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Berlanti and others respond:

Everwood's Greg Berlanti, Fellow EP Mourn 'Incredible' Stephanie Niznik: 'We Lost the Mother of Our Tribe'
Old 07-14-2019, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^
The article/statement:

Quote:
Everwood creator Greg Berlanti and showrunner Rina Mimoun are paying their respects to the late Stephanie Niznik, whose death was first reported on Friday. In a joint statement, the executive producers remember the actress as an “incredible friend” and a “nurturing mother figure” on the set of the beloved WB drama.

“Everwood was more than a television show. It was a family,” the statement reads. “We recently lost the mother of our tribe, Stephanie Niznik. Stephanie played Nina, the next door neighbor to Andy Brown, and the woman who helped raise his children as he struggled with being a single father. She continued that role offscreen by being an incredible friend, a nurturing mother figure to our younger cast members and an artist who brought warmth, compassion and humor to every episode and our set. Everyone who was lucky enough to know and work with her will miss her dearly.”

Berlanti and Mimoun’s tribute follows similar acknowledgments by some of Niznik’s co-stars, including Scott Wolf (who played Nina’s longtime boyfriend Jake) and Vivien Cardone (who played Andy’s daughter Delia), which you can read here. The EPs were last reunited with the Everwood cast at a 15th anniversary panel in 2017.

Niznik was just 52 when she died unexpectedly in Encino, Calif. on June 23. A cause of death has not been disclosed.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Comments from others:

https://tvline.com/2019/07/13/everwo...-wolf-tribute/
Old 07-14-2019, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ I love how the common theme from cast members is they were very close, like a family. This common theme has been discussed for years, too.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:53 PM
Administrator

I'm glad that news of her passing is finally getting out and that her former Everwood fellow cast members are expressing their condolences.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread