Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2017, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

But then there's this:

Sidney Crosby update: Back on the ice today Maybe some good news? Sidney Crosby is back on the ice today for an off-day skate

It looks good BUT given his history and based on the fact that this is just a skate, he still has to get clearance. He skated a lot in that year that he missed but still couldn't get clearance. Still, this is a good sign so soon after the concussion that he's back on the ice. At the very least, it says his symptoms are not major.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-04-2017 at 08:57 AM
Old 05-04-2017, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Thanks!

There's depressing talk about if Crosby needs to retire or not. This was his 4th concussion. That's why people are reacting so intensely. It's bad enough that the Capitals deliberately went head hunting, but they've done this to him before, and it's about Crosby's career being severely threatened now too. The game will NOT be the same without him. That's like LeBron James suddenly leaving the NBA. It will be a nasty blow to the sport.
Ugh this sucks. I can't believe that he might be forced to retire because of some idiot that plays unfair.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Ugh this sucks. I can't believe that he might be forced to retire because of some idiot that plays unfair.
I know it. Apparently he was skating this morning. I posted that at nearly the same time. So who knows. I just hope he's not too eager to get back on the ice while risking his overall long term health.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know it. Apparently he was skating this morning. I posted that at nearly the same time. So who knows. I just hope he's not too eager to get back on the ice while risking his overall long term health.
I agree with you. I hope that he takes his time and does not risk it.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree with you. I hope that he takes his time and does not risk it.
If he plans on returning for the playoffs he should sit game 5 and if necessary, game 6. Some people are saying if he's okay, game 6 is key since it's at home in Pittsburgh and we could close it out at home which could be easier. I say take it day by day, game by game. We are up 3-1, we only have 1 more game to win. We have three chances. Sit him game 5, see how we do. If we win, awesome, he doesn't have to consider playing again until the next series which would probably be another week away given how the other series is going, it's very close. We have a cushion of sorts so it's not necessary to rush him back. We could possibly close this series out without him.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Ottawa/New York Game 4

Here we go!

Let's go, NY!
Old 05-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

DC fans and teams

I mentioned yesterday DC teams/fans are something else. They tormented LeBron James a few years ago too. Not that he cared but they were pathetic.

Anyway, so it seems the hockey team isn't the only team making headlines in DC:

Basketball this evening:

Philly is pleasant by comparison.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But then there's this:

Sidney Crosby update: Back on the ice today Maybe some good news? Sidney Crosby is back on the ice today for an off-day skate

It looks good BUT given his history and based on the fact that this is just a skate, he still has to get clearance. He skated a lot in that year that he missed but still couldn't get clearance. Still, this is a good sign so soon after the concussion that he's back on the ice. At the very least, it says his symptoms are not major.
This is definitely a good sign! Very encouraging!
Old 05-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ottawa/New York Game 4

Here we go!

Let's go, NY!
4-1 in the third! So far so good!
Old 05-04-2017, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
If he plans on returning for the playoffs he should sit game 5 and if necessary, game 6. Some people are saying if he's okay, game 6 is key since it's at home in Pittsburgh and we could close it out at home which could be easier. I say take it day by day, game by game. We are up 3-1, we only have 1 more game to win. We have three chances. Sit him game 5, see how we do. If we win, awesome, he doesn't have to consider playing again until the next series which would probably be another week away given how the other series is going, it's very close. We have a cushion of sorts so it's not necessary to rush him back. We could possibly close this series out without him.
This makes sense and it's the reasonable thing to do .
Old 05-05-2017, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
4-1 in the third! So far so good!
Great win!

Didn't I tell you they'd go home and win two?

Series tied, 2-2!
Old 05-05-2017, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This makes sense and it's the reasonable thing to do .
Here's the latest:

Quote:
Sidney Crosby of Pittsburgh Penguins skates at practice facility

Recovering Sidney Crosby skates at Penguins practice facility

Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby, who missed a Game 4 win over the Washington Capitals on Wednesday because of a concussion, skated with teammates on Thursday, an off day for the team.

"He's in the process of rehabbing," Penguins coach Mike Sullivan said. "We'll just leave it at that. It's a day-to-day process. We're taking each day as it comes."

Crosby was in full gear, and a source told ESPN's Craig Custance that his recovery is "progressing well."

Crosby suffered a concussion in the third game of the series when he was cross-checked in the head by Capitals defenseman Matt Niskanen. Crosby had lost his balance on a scoring chance when Caps star Alex Ovechkin whacked him with his stick.

Crosby has dealt with multiple concussions during his career, including one against Washington in the 2011 Winter Classic that he needed nearly two years to fully recover from. He missed the first six games of this season because of a concussion.

Crosby is in the concussion protocol, according to Sullivan, and listed as day-to-day.

Even without their star, however, the defending champion Penguins beat the Capitals 3-2 on Wednesday to take a 3-1 series lead. They can close out the Capitals on Saturday.
We're not getting a specific update on when he could consider playing but the process seems optimistic so far that he might get back on the ice at some point.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Here's the latest:

We're not getting a specific update on when he could consider playing but the process seems optimistic so far that he might get back on the ice at some point.
This is really good news! I just hope the opposing team stays away from him! Concussions are so scary.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
This is really good news! I just hope the opposing team stays away from him! Concussions are so scary.
Really scary. 4 have been officially diagnosed and like some are saying, who knows how many others he's had that truly are concussions that he doesn't know about. He was out for two years with one, too. Not only has he had concussions but severe ones that have kept him off the ice for a long time.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Cleveland/Toronto Game 3

The Toronto fans are booing James. How weird is that. There's absolutely no reason for them to boo him, nothing personally ever happened between James and their team. Is it just jealousy because he's the best player in the world and he's always destroyed their team in the playoffs? Very strange. LOL
Closed Thread   Post New Thread