Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sports#12: Ephram wasn't a jock..that doesn't mean that we can't talk sports

Quote:
Going to the Devils game tomorrow. Should be a good one against San Jose.
Dolfan, you're from Jersey, too? I knew there was a reason that I liked you.

Last edited by 'Tos; 02-22-2009 at 04:15 PM
Old 02-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Haha, I'm actually from (and still live in) New York. But thank you anyways!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
Haha, I'm actually from (and still live in) New York. But thank you anyways!
So we have a girl from Jersey who roots for the Rangers and a guy from New York who roots for the Devils......interesting.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

Ooh, NJ/SJ! Two of the top teams in the league. That should be an awesome game! Enjoy!

I watched Pittsburgh/Toronto today. Man, Pittsburgh is in some serious trouble. From the Stanley Cup finals last year, to this? Yikes. Losing Hossa was big, but I think Don Cherry was right tonight in saying that losing Malone, Armstrong, Roberts and gritty players like that have hurt big time. They're not without skill, but those character guys mean so much.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 02-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My cousin is at the Rangers/Flyers game....5-1 Flyers.

He's a die hard Rangers fan and must be having a fit!!

The Rangers need Sean Avery back!!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 02-15-2009 at 12:11 PM
Old 02-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

thanks for opening, betty

yeah, donovan wasn't good at all yesterday. can't say i was hoping for him to score though, i was SO glad bayern lost the other players weren't that great either so donovan hasn't blown his chances entirely

and i saw 1860 play today, and the won definitely a good weekend

danny & mindy

Old 02-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphi1860 (View Post)
thanks for opening, betty
You're very welcome!

Quote:
yeah, donovan wasn't good at all yesterday. can't say i was hoping for him to score though, i was SO glad bayern lost the other players weren't that great either so donovan hasn't blown his chances entirely
Yeah, his time is running out! I'm not making excuses for him...but he played for the National team on Wednesday against Mexico (always a very intense, violent match) and he has always been known not to travel well. But...He will have to get used to traveling if he plays in Europe!!
He may have another chance....Toni is injured and won't play in the next match.

Quote:
and i saw 1860 play today, and the won definitely a good weekend
At least someone is happy!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 02-15-2009 at 12:27 PM
Old 02-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Great game today. Nice little 6-5 win for the Devils.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
Hey, I think I'm switching allegiance! Rangers lost 5-2.

It must have been an exciting game to watch....with all of the scoring.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:39 AM
Master Fan

So, I think I'm the only basketball fan, but whatever.

Great NBA All-Star game tonight. The West won (yay!) 146-119 over the East, and, okay, you can't tell from the score, but the reason this was a great game was that some actual defense was played. Nice change from the typical "run up and down the court making slam dunks and 3-pointers" fest. Also awesome was the fact that both my teams had two representatives -- Tim Duncan and Tony Parker for the Spurs, Kobe and Pau Gasol for the Lakers -- and that three of the four did pretty well for themselves. (Tim's done it eleven times before, don't think he cares too much at this point about All-Star scoring, hee.) Biggest storyline of the whole weekend was the reunion of Kobe and Shaq, what with Shaq playing for the West again, and they were named Co-MVPs of tonight's game. My mother and I amused ourselves by imagining the whole thing as a reunion of estranged exes, with Pau growing jealous of the renewed closeness between Kobe and Shaq, and Phil Jackson (who coached the West team) playing the disapproving father who doesn't want to see any shenanigans starting up again. Yeeeeah, we're weird.

Lots of rumors abouding about trades, too, with the trade deadline coming up; Phoenix appears to be in the market to trade basically every player of theirs not named Steve Nash, all of which delights me, as I hate the Suns and have taken joy in their season-long implosion, heh. Though, they're reportedly about to fire the coach they only hired last summer, which isn't fair. It's not his fault the GM and owner were incompetent enough to get rid of nearly every player who fit into the Suns' system, dismiss the coach who knew that system inside and out, and hire someone who couldn't coach to that style.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So, I think I'm the only basketball fan, but whatever.
No, you're not! It's just that the basketball fans have not been posting!

Cowgirl actually plays basketball in college. I know that Michelle loves basketball.
Not sure about Alan...but he probably does.
Dolfan, do you follow the NBA?
I know that Paul follows the NFL and the NHL. Do you follow the NBA, Paul?

I know that everyone loves College basketball because last March we actually followed the NCAA Basketball tournment very closely.

So, basketball fans.....we'd love to hear from you!

Thief, do you think that Shaq will go back to the Lakers? They could use him and he'd have a better chance at a Championship with them.

Tos, did you know that Steve Nash is Canadian and also strongly into Soccer?

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 02-16-2009 at 10:00 AM
Old 02-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thief, do you think that Shaq will go back to the Lakers? They could use him and he'd have a better chance at a Championship with them.
No -- he is potentially on the trading block, but there's really no one the Lakers would or should sacrifice for him. Pau's been doing a great job as center while Andrew Bynum's been out with his knee injury (beating the Celtics and Cavaliers, top teams in the East, during this stretch) and Andrew Bynum was playing pretty phenomenally before he got hurt. Don't know if Bynum will make it back before the playoffs begin in April, but even if he doesn't, the Lakers should make it through the conference playoffs fairly easily (the Spurs would probably pose the only threat, which is okay with me, two-team loyalty and all, heh). The Finals might be a different matter, but, even if Bynum doesn't return by that point, they're still overall a better team than they were last year against the Celtics.

Hee, yes, 'Tos (assuming you're still out there somewhere, given that you haven't posted since Saturday), not only is Steve Nash Canadian, but he grew up in BC! There, now you should start caring about basketball. Heh.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Loyal Fan

I pretty much follow the four main sports but don't like basketball as much as the other three. I'd list them in order of preference as: Football, Hockey, Baseball and Basketball.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That must have been an insanely exciting game! Back and forth, back and forth. You think it's over, but nope. Hee. NJ is on fire!

Canucks beat Montreal last night. A lot of Montreal fans at the game, despite it being in Vancouver. One of our players was saying how he didn't know where he was, because the Canucks were being booed in practice. Well, those Montreal fans didn't end up enjoying the game much, because we kicked their butts.

Quote:
Hee, yes, 'Tos (assuming you're still out there somewhere, given that you haven't posted since Saturday), not only is Steve Nash Canadian, but he grew up in BC! There, now you should start caring about basketball. Heh.
Hee. If only it was that easy! Actually, all my friends love basketball, so you think I would enjoy it, but nope, heh. It's more exciting than football and baseball which are , but I still can't get into it. Maybe if the sport was on ice.

I'm away for one day and Thief changes her avi? To one of the three or so Ephram/Hannah scenes, but obviously their best! Nice.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 02-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

'Tos!! Er, hi. Heh.

Quote:
Hee. If only it was that easy! Actually, all my friends love basketball, so you think I would enjoy it, but nope, heh. It's more exciting than football and baseball which are , but I still can't get into it. Maybe if the sport was on ice.

I'm away for one day and Thief changes her avi? To one of the three or so Ephram/Hannah scenes, but obviously their best! Nice.
Uggggh, I hate baseball. Nothing ever happens. I'm not hugely into football, either, but it's something to have on in the background when there's no basketball, and for some reason it seems to be somewhat more exciting than baseball. More violent, at least, heh.

And yep, new avatar time, though I'll probably go back to something music-related at some point. But I was just in that kind of mood. Blame the Season 5 and 300 Word/Phrase Story threads, hee.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread