Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Loyal Fan

The latest tweet from Greg.........

Gregory (gregorythesmith) on Twitter

dusting off my camera to shoot Carabana fest in TO

Since I had no idea what that was,I did a search and found the website for the Caribana fest in Toronto...

CARIBANA.COM - The Online Guide to Toronto's Summer Carnival
Old 08-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Loyal Fan

A little off-topic,but my 15-soon to be 16 year old nephew is sporting the facial hair a la Greg(although in the photo you can only see it on his chin)........

I keep telling myself that I just can't be old enough to have a nephew with facial hair,LOL!
Old 08-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

Hee, facial hair is pretty popular at that age, isn't it? I mean, we like facial hair anyway, but at that age, it just seems so much more adult and cool, heh.

Looks like Greg is enjoying Toronto. Maybe that's why he keeps taking these Canadian, mainly Toronto-centric shows/movies/TV-movies?

Thanks for the info, Chuck!

I thought I should pass along that CBC was running an advertisement for all of the movies and mini-series that they're going to be showing in the fall, and Guns was mentioned as one of them! A few years later is better than not showing it at all!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 08-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
What did you think of the video of him competing against his co-star with the gun..move thingy, Leo? I still stand by him being all adorable and smiley! I'm not sure why I'm repeating that.
I haven't actually watched it yet.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Loyal Fan

The latest tweet from Greg......

Heading to TIFF press conference for a special announcement

Gregory (gregorythesmith) on Twitter

I'm thinking that the announcement could be either "Leslie My Name Is Evil" will be having a screening at this Toronto film fest and he will be doing a Q&A session with the cast and crew or taking photos and or filming the event.

Tiff 2009 - Home

It also could be that Guns will be airing on CBC next month(although some of us have already seen it on the internet or have gotten the DVD,LOL!)

SuperNova Tube - Click To Continue

SuperNova Tube - Click To Continue

Guns DVD Movie

TV, eh? » Guns mini-series airs Sept. 6 & 7

Last edited by cfs89; 08-04-2009 at 11:54 AM
Old 08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

I was just coming to post that Guns was officially airing. Finally! Nice airdate too, being on Labour Day weekend. A year or two late, but better late than never I guess. Hopefully it does well and people like Greg so that they'll watch him in Cooper.

Keep us updated on what the announcement will be, although it has to be one of the possibilities you've brought up. Unless he announces an Everwood reunion movie?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 08-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I was just coming to post that Guns was officially airing. Finally! Nice airdate too, being on Labour Day weekend. A year or two late, but better late than never I guess. Hopefully it does well and people like Greg so that they'll watch him in Cooper.

Keep us updated on what the announcement will be, although it has to be one of the possibilities you've brought up. Unless he announces an Everwood reunion movie?
I think that we would all love an Everwood reunion movie! Warner Brothers did two of them for "Eight Is Enough" and that series was on for a little over four seasons(but still no DVD release). Probably not the special announcement though.
It must be about "Leslie,My Name Is Evil" at the TIFF,because New Real Films now has a website for the movie which promotes that it will be at the TIFF...

Leslie, My Name is Evil

NEW REAL FILMS

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 09-22-2009 at 08:06 PM
Old 08-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfs89 (View Post)
I think that we would all love an Everwood reunion movie! Warner Brothers did two of them for "Eight Is Enough" and that series was on for a little over four seasons(but still no DVD release). Probably not the special announcement though.
It must be about "Leslie,My Name Is Evil" at the TIFF,because New Real Films now has a website for the movie which promotes that it will be at the TIFF...

Leslie, My Name is Evil

NEW REAL FILMS

So.....Greg appears to be better groomed playing in an "Evil" film... than he is playing in a Cop film.

Poor Richard Nixon. He can't cut a break....I'm sure that his hanging picture is supposed to be symbolic.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

I think I'll take the scruffy cop look over clean-cut Mr. 1960s/'70s, hee. At least as long as the latter means that he looks like he's wearing a wig. Because that's not good (although it's a clear step-up from the semi-mullet, true.)

And, subtle visual symbolism there, movie, heh. But then, the trailers and behind-the-scene promo didn't quite make it look like the most, er, subtle film ever. Unique, though, I'll give 'em that.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Finally found some news about "Mary,Mother of Christ" and unfortunately Greg did not get the role of Joseph,as a Portuguese actor named Diogo Morgado was cast......

Portuguese actor playing Joseph in biblical movie | Entertainment | Reuters

I read that this movie will be shooting in Morocco and since Greg is firmly ensconced in Toronto with "Copper",I figured that he probably didn't get the part.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Here is a photo of a clean shaven Greg with his "Leslie,My Name Is Evil" castmate Kristin Adams at the TIFF press conference...

[IMG][/IMG]

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Last edited by cfs89; 08-06-2009 at 08:19 AM
Old 08-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Loyal Fan

At little off topic,yet Greg related. I was trying out the MyHeritage website,that lets you take any photo and see what celebrity you look like(or what the software finds the closest match). Did one for myself and my nephew,but also thought it would be fun to do one for Greg as well...

MyHeritage.com face recognition - MyHeritage.com

I was surprised that James McAvoy didn't show up in the list.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

Dude, James McAvoy's glaring omission from that list really throws that whole system in doubt, hee. (But it was 100% accurate when it matched my picture with that of an actress I love! Hee.)

I can kind of see the resemblances there, though, especially with Greg's look in that particular pic. Now I want to find one of his more McAvoyesque images and see what results.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Steven Segal??? Hee. I never would have seen a James Marsters likeness, but both pictures really do look a like. Just the structure of their faces, really.

Too bad about Mary,Mother of Christ, but hopefully Cooper works out even better as far as getting his name out there. At least with a TV show, there's a chance that he'll have thirteen weeks (or more) of visibility. With a movie, you've seen it and..well, then it's done, heh.

As always, thanks for the info, Chuck.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:28 PM
New Fan

It's funny, because Greg's new show sounds like something I'd tell my TiFaux to stay clear of, but I'm now compelled to watch every minute of it. Hopefully it'll be a vehicle worthy of his talents. I've really missed seeing him on my TV!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread