Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OT2 Thread #38: Life After Everwood: Other Addictions (TV Shows, Books, Movies, Music)

credit: Alex

Hi guys! Welcome to the new OT2 thread #38!

This is a second OT thread that focuses on shows, books, movies and music we're now obsessed with since Everwood ended. Important: This thread is focused on promoting in depth discussion.

Reminder:
This thread is about discussing shows, books, movies, and music we love with as much insightful discussion as possible. Bring over your opinions on latest episodes, discuss characters and storylines, books you're reading, movies you're watching, music you're listening to, but please remain cordial, respect one another and refrain yourself from turning this thread into drama land.

** This board has always been very mature and we'd like it to remain this way.

With that said, and keeping that all in mind, we'd like to welcome you to this new thread!

Shows Everwood members watch :

Michelle (Wilpen) :
Lost, Friday Night Lights, Battlestar Galactica, Dexter, The Ghost Whisperer, Pretty Little Liars, Chuck

Alexandra (buffyannAlex) :
Lost, 24, Grey's Anatomy, House, Supernatural, Scrubs, Bones, Desperate housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Fringe, Friday Night Lights, The Office, Dollhouse, Smallville, Dexter, The Ghost Whisperer

New shows I'd check this year : Glee, V, Fast Forward, Vampire Diaries

Ashley (AppleBehry22):
Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, Nip/Tuck, Roswell, Reba, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Lost

dawnie@ :
Gilmore Girls, Lost, One Tree Hill, 24 ,Hell's Kitchen2

Angela (AngelaiDanes):
Lost, Gilmore Girls

Alan (The Crow) :
Friday Night Lights, Chuck, Castle, Fringe, So You Think You Can Dance, Community, The Vampire Diaries, Being Erica, Psych, White Collar, Warehouse 13, Haven, Covert Affairs, Pretty Little Liars, Falling Skies, Rookie Blue, Game of Thrones, Nikita, Modern Family, Happy Endings, Raising Hope, Parks and Recreation, Lost Girl, Leverage, Rizzoli and Isles, and The Glades.Suburgatory, Revenge, Unforgettable, Criminal Minds, Death Valley, Children's Hospital, NTSF:SD:SUV, Alphas, The Good Wife, The Nine Lives of Chloe King, Melissa and Joey, Royal Pains, Breaking In, Hart of Dixie, Hawaii Five-O, and Body of Proof

Tos' :
Mad Men, Dexter, Fringe, Chuck, Castle, Psych, Parks & Recreation, Community, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Futurama, Being Human, White Collar, Louie, New Girl, Up All Night, Revenge, Person of Interest

Coffee
Watch: Prison Break, Supernatural, House, Gilmore Girls
Want to watch but always miss it: Bones, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica Mars
Future Shows, I'm planning on watching: Jericho, Heroes..

own worst enemy
Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, True Blood, Dexter, Weeds, Big Love, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, 90210, Smallville, Scrubs, Better Off Ted, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Private Practice, Ugly Betty, The Office, 30 Rock, Top Chef, So You Think You Can Dance, The Hills, My Life on the D List, American Idol, Dollhouse, Mad Men, Nip/Tuck, Fringe

New shows: Melrose Place, The Beautiful Life, The Vampire Diaries, Flash Forward, Bored to Death, Glee

everwoodfan52 :
Friday Night Lights, Chuck, Dexter, Drop Dead Diva, Royal Pains, Modern Family, Rookie Blue, Pretty Little Liars, Shameless, Against The Wall, and Everwood (re-watching DVDs), Revenge
-
MrsBrown : The Office, Lost, Friday Night Lights, Brothers and Sisters, Battlestar Galactica

BepperGirl: Being Erica, Bones, Chuck, Dollhouse, Drop Dead Diva, Friday Night Lights, How I Met Your Mother. Leverage, Psych, Pretty Little Liars, Castle, The Vampire Diaries, White Collar, Rizzoli & Isles, Suits, Rookie Blue, and Lost Girl.

ShadowMagist: How I Met Your Mother, Greek, Smallville, Supernatural, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, Glee, Vampire Diaries, It's Always Raining In Philadelphia.

Thief Of Love: Mad Men, Psych, Gilmore Girls, The Office, Parks & Recreation

Cleveland: Lost, Brothers & Sisters, Dollhouse, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights

Shelby (Cowgirl08): Chuck, Friday Night Lights, 90210, One Tree Hill, Greek, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Make it or Break it, White Collar

Rolfi Cole: Outsourced, Modern Family, Castle, Chuck, Psych, The Mentalist, TVD, Community, House, Ghost Whisperer, Smallville, Supernatural

ForVanAngel:LOST, Gilmore Girls, Six Feet Under, Everwood, Dawson’s Creek, Roswell, Dexter, One Tree Hill, Seinfeld, Malcolm In The Middle, Scrubs, Breaking Bad, The Big Bang Theory, Home Improvement, Eli Stone, The Wire, Parenthood, Rescue Me, Mad Men, Brothers & Sisters, My So-Called Life, Friday Night Lights, Alias, Jack & Bobby, Skins UK, The Shield, Misfits, Freaks and Geeks, Parks & Recreation, The Middle, Party Of Five, Ally McBeal, Community, Death Note, Lizzie McGuire, Shameless US. => Future Favourites: Switched At Birth and Revenge.

Blue Valentine: Modern family, Brothers and Sisters, Fringe, How I Met Your Mother, The Vampire Diaries, 90210, Nikita, One Tree Hill,
Favorite Shows: Everwood, Joan Of Arcadia.

Patricia: Drop Dead Diva, One Tree Hill, Pretty Little Liars, Cheerleader Nation, American Idol, Bones, Boston Med, Brothers & Sisters, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Friday Night Lights, Gilmore Girls, Law & Order: SVU, Rooke Blue, Oprah: Behind the Scenes, Ellen, What I Like About You and Without A Trace.

LemonyPie: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Frasier, Dawson's Creek, Revenge, Suburgatory, Hart of Dixie, The Middle, Modern Family, Dancing with the Stars, Community, Dexter, Against the Wall

Last edited by 'Tos; 10-19-2011 at 11:37 AM
Old 10-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Parenthood: Season 3, Episode 4

Not as great as the last 2 episodes. The storylines were really interesting, but I felt there was too much fighting and drama going on, last episode nothing and today everything, I am not a big fan of constant fighting in every storyline. I feel so sorry for Drew, he is so shy, Amber talked to his date and Sarah kissed his teacher and a picture was taking and sent around in school. At least he got the girl in the end. Alex and Haddie broke up, that happened to fast, after all the trouble in the first 3 episodes, it would've been better next episode. Really tough storyline of Max vs. Jabbar, that was cruel to watch, poor, poor Max, it's not his fault, he has a disease, but Jabbar rather wants to spend his time with his friends then with Max. Big fight, and the parents also fought, cos Adam got angry, because Crosby didn't tell his son to be there for Max. That was unfair of Adam, he always acts like he's the centre of the universe. And Jasmine was also angry at Crosby for not talking to his brothers - yeah, she doesn't hat to lift one single finger and then gets angry at him. At least in the end there was this beautiful scene when the bank approved the loan. „Brother, we are officially in business.“ Yes, that's what I needed, after how angry the two brothers were, I was expecting the worst. What else? Beautiful Amber Drew scene - before she took away his date. Not to forget Zeek's commercial, that was fun, erectile disfunction, great humour. But I liked how this story had a very serious part, Camille was jealous, cos her husband was acting all fearless and did what he wanted to do, while she was sitting at home trying to learn Mandarin, but knew that she wouldn't make it in the long run. I liked how Zeek talked to her at the end of the episode, without Camille giving him a big hint. I hope it works out, totally understandable how Camille felt. It was not a fun episode, very dramatic, very bitter, I hope next episode is friendlier again, I like drama, but not too much negative drama in every storyline.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay...how many of you want me to add Revenge to your shows?

And...what other shows should I add or delete?
Old 10-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Okay...how many of you want me to add Revenge to your shows?

And...what other shows should I add or delete?
You can add a show to my list if I have seen at least one whole season. I'll send you my new list, good idea, was thinking about that. Thanks Betty for opening the thread.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 10-05-2011 at 01:51 PM
Old 10-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
You can add a show to my list if I have seen at least one whole season. I'll send you my new list, good idea, was thinking about that. Thanks Betty for opening the thread.
You're welcome and it's done.

(Sorry, Matt, I accidentally edited your post instead of quoting it.)
Old 10-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

First off, no, I did not read your post on the last thread.

Second, you can add Suburgatory, Revenge, Unforgettable, Criminal Minds, Death Valley, Children's Hospital, NTSF:SD:SUV, Alphas, The Good Wife, The Nine Lives of Chloe King, Melissa and Joey, Royal Pains, Breaking In, Hart of Dixie, Hawaii Five-O, and Body of Proof to my list if you want to.

Also, I'm keeping my eye on Grimm, Once Upon a Time, and American Horror Story.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
First off, no, I did not read your post on the last thread.

Second, you can add Suburgatory, Revenge, Unforgettable, Criminal Minds, Death Valley, Children's Hospital, NTSF:SD:SUV, Alphas, The Good Wife, The Nine Lives of Chloe King, Melissa and Joey, Royal Pains, Breaking In, Hart of Dixie, Hawaii Five-O, and Body of Proof to my list if you want to.

Also, I'm keeping my eye on Grimm, Once Upon a Time, and American Horror Story.
Done. See, I read your posts!!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ally McBeal: Season 4, Episode 1

Never a big fan of this show, but the characters are really nice and there are good episodes. Since I started, I want to finish the show and since it's not a show I need to watch daily, it's perfect to feel the empty spaces with US season.

It was not really interesting, John's case with helping this old woman friend was not interesting, at least there were 2-3 laughs thanks to John and Richard. Ally got rid of her boyfriend Bryan, who really was boring and now is lonely again. But not for long I guess, cos a really charismatic Robert Downey Jr. aka Larry showed up and I think he will feel the void that Billy left. For now he's just a lawyer. I think next episode easily could be better. I think I'll watch it on Sunday or Monday, can't find any time before that.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Betty.

I've been watching Louie today, so I guess I should add that to my list. I'm not much of a stand up guy, but Louis C.K. is absolutely my favourite..out of, like, two, so just above the other guy I like...um, Russell Peters.

Anyway, dark show, but good stuff so far.

I'll probably watch Modern Family and Up All Night tomorrow, so Revenge it is tonight. Can't wait!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 10-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Modern Family

Stellllllaaaaaa!"

Wednesday nights, I love you. I thought this was the best episode so far this season. It was pure MF to me. I forgot David Cross was going to be on, so that was fun. He and that whole scene was funny. Ice cream cake! And poor Phil. How many hits did Ty take from that basketball? I thought the Manny and Jay stuff was nice. It's always nice to see them interract and Jay get all fatherly. Of course, it was great how it turns out Manny was massaging Jay's ego. "Write that down!". And, of course, Cameron and his Marlon Brando moment. The second I saw him in his white T-shirt, I knew what was coming, but it didn't make it any less funny. I loved this episode.

Suburgatory

My favorite new show. Not that I have seen a lot of them. Lol. Episode 2 was even better than the pilot IMO. Jane Levy as Tessa is so immediately cool and likeable (and cute!) with a great delivery. There were a number of funny moments. I love the weird girl across the street. She is very funny too. I can't think of her name at the moment. Anyways, I find the show to be quick and sharp and very enjoyable.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 10-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Revenge: Season 1, Episode 3

Great episode, the best so far, I had so much fan. Yeah, it's definitely because Emily is rocking the show, she was so great and equally beautiful, I enjoyed every scene with her, so the show can't do much wrong. But I can honestly say that I liked the episode, it was fun and I also liked all the characters.

The episode started with a thrilling dream sequence, a fun way to start the episode. Then Emily heard a noice and she took her gun, my baby's got a gun. It was just Sammy the dog, sweet moment. Now we weonder why Emily has a gun? Okay, if I would walk through the Hamptons and hurt rich people, I would be careful too. Daniel found that gun, careless of Emily to let him see the gun by not closing the drawer. Anyway, Daniel didn't ask more and Emily looked gorgeous in that peach-y dress, not sure which colour that is, she looked great. That is one of the great side effects of that show, Emily can wear a great dress every episode, though I like her natural look, she looks great too, she always looks great and ... now I should stop with that and write the rest of the text. Then came the scene from the sneak peek (which I had to watch, couldn't resist): Emily took Daniel to this restaurant which she chose, where she sent the wait to the table and Daniel was shocked, cos it was the brother of the girl Sarah he was driving in his car and had an accident with. She got hurt badly, he not, Daniel was lucky that the guy only hurt his car. I wasn't so sure what this was all about at first, later it got clear: Daniel apologized to Sarah, but he wasn't allowed to see her due to his parents who paid a lot of money to keep Daniel out of trouble. Because he did it, Victoria obviously got suspicious, but Daniel now wants to do things his own way, so Victoria has another reason not to trust Emily. I forgot to tell you how much I Emily's looks, her "I'm sooo sorry" face, and how she stood next to Daniel and didn't care for a single second. She didn't hurt him, she only meant good to him. Later Daniel told her what happened, really sweet scene and I Emily's "that's creepy" - how cute was that? He opened up to her, „I’ll always be honest with you" - Emily not so much. Then they kissed, sweet.

The revenge was really interesting, the best so far. Victoria had an affair with David Clarke, believed/knew that he was innocent, tried to help him, but Conrad (who is the real evil guy in this game) and the soon-to-be Senator Kingsley testified against David and sent him to prison. Kingsley was the hero, cos he put the evil guy behind bars and could pursue his political career – until today, when he met Emily Thorne again. Emily knew him from some years ago, her green dress totally reminded me of the B&S season 1 finale, when the whole family jumped into the pool at the end. I wasn’t even sure if that wasn’t the same dress. One thing I didn’t really get: Emily doesn’t truest Nolan and wants to work alone – but without Nolan, she would’ve never killed the senator, Nolan’s computer skills helped with sending the videos, so why doesn’t she trust Nolan? Nolan has absolutely zero reasons not to help Amanda, that’s something I don’t get!? I really liked the flashback, when Victoria fought for David, but Conrad was so evil, she didn’t have a chance, he convinced the doubting Kingsley and he nailed David Clarke. Conrad is the real evil guy and Emily knows that Victoria had “nothing” to do with that (because she read a letter from her father), so I wonder why we should believe the show is about Emily vs. Victoria?

Anyway, it was nicely done, at the party Kingsley got another video, his pregnant affair showed up and he was gone, withdrew his candidacy. In the end there was this great scene with Nolan whom I really liked today, I like how he teases Amanda and she gets a bit angry. He asked her if she was happy. „You already got what we wanted, you destroyed a man’s career.” And Emily’s response: “I want to destroy his life.” This girl means business. Beware: “You scare me.” – “Good.” Yes! Emily was really frightening, she’s dangerous but acts so sweet, hope the real Emily VC hasn’t been fooling us since her career started. I also liked how Victoried tried to trick Emily with sitting her next to Michael Davis (the ex husband of Lydia), cos she was thinking Emily had an affair with him. No she hadn’t, I really liked how Emily played her cards right and Victoria was getting nothing out of her plan. And I also liked how cheeky Emily was when she asked Victoria who was screaming inside if she could call her Victoria. “Good night, Victoria.” That’s my girl. I like how Conrad now believes (I guess he does) that Victoria could’ve sent the video from his laptop, because she obviously didn’t like Kingsley. That will be interesting. So far it was always that Victoria was controlling puppet Conrad, who appeared weak, like a fool even, but that changed, oh boi, it definitely did! Interesting turn!

Mr. Porter really died, I was relieved that this episode wasn’t all “buhuu, daddy’s gone, so sad”, it totally wasn’t! Jack was sad, but stayed cool and Declan didn’t even show up at the funeral at sea, because he had a rough relation ship with his dead. And I’m SO glad that he didn’t show up at the end, that’s what you see in every freaking media, guy thinks twice and shows up. Well done. Jack had two short (of course, Emily can’t stand seeing him), but really beautiful scenes with Emily: First when she brought Sammy back and he told her about his father’s death and she got sad (I think she knew Mr. Porter) and had to leave and then at the end of the episode, when she saw that he has a boat named Amanda, beautifully acted by our Queen Emily, it really hurt to watch her. And it shows, that Emily still has emotions. Very similar scene at the end of the episode from Victoria, who had an emotional flashback and thought of her happy time with Dave Clarke, that was so important for her character, she isn’t a cold witch, she has feelings too and maybe she isn’t even the bad guy here.

Not the best, but much better than getting punched by some rich jerks was how Nolan helped Declan to get his revenge. Hacking into the video cam, but in the end Declan showed us that not everybody has to be evil or do evil things just to hurt somebody, Declan was decent enough to not send Charlotte the video of Adam and the girl, but send her a sweet video of him on the boat – yes, that’s something I want to see, if somebody surprises me and doesn’t chose the easy way out, cos if he had sent the video, nobody wouldn’t found out that it was him. Really glad that the porters were a lot better than the weak storyline from last episode.

What was this old Harvard friend Tyler about? He showed up, but Daniel wasn’t even interested him, rather hanging with beautiful Emily. Tyler tried to get to talk to Ashley (who is just there to be there in case to help Emily when needed I guess), but she didn’t care (ignored him to tease him). Hm, was not interesting. More interesting: Ashton Holmes was on Nikita and is 33 years old. I didn’t believe it, was shocked when I found out. He made me laugh when he greeted Victoria with “You must be Charlotte”. Hope we get more scenes of him and some with Daniel next week.

A long text, sorry, but I can’t help it. This show is about Emily in every second scene, a dream come true for me. I hope ratings stay okay, this week they lost 7 % to a 2.5 rating, not alarming, but it scares me a bit, the show is really complex, and we are only in the 3rd episode. If you didn’t watch it from the beginning, you are lost. I also hate that the American audiences doesn’t care much for good television (and this show is good, even without Emily it would be interesting cos it has so much character development), they rather watch cop shows. Of course there are those who watch good shows, but too many viewers watch the boring stuff, that’s sad. It’s not different in Germany, so it’s sad all over the world. Can’t wait for next week, I had so much fun, and took too much time writing two reviews – one in German, one in English.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Middle: Season 3, Episode 4

After 3 not good episode, I now hope they can be funny instead of constant fighting and unfunnyness.

“Someone’s gonna sell a car today.” Franke desperately needed to watch Pam, a woman she knows, cos she was on the show called The Wheel “You just ate Axl’s toenails” That was so horrible, I wanted to vomit too. That’s the most disgusting thing I’ve seen on a tv show. I’m not sure if that is funny or just plain stupid, how much brain does a person like Axl has? “I’m not laughing, this isn’t funny.” Then Frankie left the family. She went right out the door and was gone. YES. After all the ***** she put up in the past, her family not acknowledging her for one second, the kids behaving like they are all on crack, she is right. Poor Frankie, her boss treats her like crap and she can’t even watch her game show for one quiet hour. Honestly, she should leave her kids, but she can’t do that, it’s her fault to have three kids. “There gonna be some major changes around here.” Let’s see how the family survives without mommy helping him the whole day, carrying there stuff after them, reminding, cleaning up, cooking, helping and so on and on. I like the show, but I felt sorry for Frankie so often, if you show young teenager girls this show, they surely will think about having babies a lot more. “Is she allowed to do that?” No, she isn’t, everybody would hate her for leaving her family – blame society. And one more quote: “This is hard. I’ve never thought of mom as a person before.” Thank you Brick, that sums it up perfectly. Poor Frankie, singing “All By Myself” in the car. And: “It’s not toe nails. It’s my whole life.” Ironic how the kids blamed each other and later came to the conclusion: To do nothing, because if they clean up there dirty clothes or clean the bathroom and that’s not what’s bothering their mom, they did it in vain. Beautiful scenes and talk between mom and Frankie. “You’re gonna end up having more good moments than toe nail moments.” I rather stay alone and don’t have that trouble. The she went home, after Mike told her how pretty she is but didn’t get out of the car to get her. Anyway, maybe he had some hard stuff to handle with, but Frankie def had 10x more!!! 20x more! There were only minor changes, at least.

What do I think about this episode? If you expect a comedy with laugh track to be funny, then think again. Not funny, but very serious stuff. Life sucks, or not? Donno. Poor Frankie, but she returned. I don’t know what this was, 20 minutes of a family having family problems. I’m confused… Hm, it was better than the first 3 episodes… It was actually good and interesting drama and really interesting to watch, what drama show can show us a storyline like the mother leaving through half of the time (20 minutes?).
Old 10-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
. I also hate that the American audiences doesn’t care much for good television (and this show is good, even without Emily it would be interesting cos it has so much character development), they rather watch cop shows.
Not necessarily, Matt...unless they star Greg Smith.
I try not to generalize about people's tastes.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Not necessarily, Matt...unless they star Greg Smith.
I try not to generalize about people's tastes.
For that remark I should wait another year before watching Rookie Blues. (RB is on #11 of 25 shows I want to watch or continue watching, it's list of mine to make the decision easier...)

I hope there's no missunderstanding about what I wrote. I just hate that mediocre, brainless or bad stuff is on the top, that's with a lot of shows (and as I said: Not only in Amrica, also in Germany many good shows don't have a chance). And we fans of serial shows have to suffer and hope that our show doesn't get pulled off the air. I don't try, but I see it this way. I love US tv shows, so please don't get me wrong (it's about Revenge, so you know how I feel about that). Just makes me angry, please let me be angry for one post, I'm such a nice guy the next 100 posts.

Horrible me, didn't even watch Suburgatory, I'll have to catch up with Friday's shows on Sunday or so, not the worst thing in the world.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

Revenge
Really enjoyed this episode they continue to build each week revealing more and more. THis show has so much potential...how it can withstand as a long time series I dont know but I do think it can give us one hell of a S1.

Ratings are going down each week which is worrisome but the show is a hit with the critics many are calling it one of if not the best new fall show so hopefully it starts to gain momentum with the fans as well.

.....drama....umm... drama....yeah idk seems like they are running out of original ideas more so than normal and repeating them in different scenarios with different characters. But that 90210 for you so guess I can complain. It was nice to see Max again even if Naomi is probably going to end up hurting him.

Hart of Dixie
Really enjoyed the second episode not the best new show of fall but its up there definately one I will continue watching.

Also enjoyed the fun game of looking at how the actors appearance has changed since they shot the pilot. Haha Pilots are shot months before all the other episodes so the actors tend to change slightly by the time the next episodes are shot and you could see it here for sure.

Grey's Anatomy
SO I dont normally post on this show but I just got around to watching last weeks episode and anyone else that watches help me out here....WHERE THE HECK WAS LEXIE GRAY? They didnt even mention the fact she was missing...was odd to me.

Chuck
FYI for those that watch this the S5 premiere has been moved back one week to October 28th.