Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2018, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I think the mistake TPTB made was waiting too long attempting the triangle. Establishing Veronica/Archie and Betty/Jughead in season 1 makes what they're doing now just look odd.
Yeah, hard to disagree with that.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, hard to disagree with that.
Obviously there is the epic comic triangle and it was naive to think they wouldn't play around on the show with the triangle as a result. Still, it's just weird how obvious they made the main pairings of Betty/Jughead & Veronica/Archie. Why go there if you are going to be serious about the comic triangle? Even when Betty/Archie kissed recently, TPTB had Archie tell Veronica he was in love with her right before it transpired. TPTB were making sure fans knew the two main pairings are solid long term even if they are lightly dabbling in the triangle for a second or two.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Supergirl & The Resident

Want to get both all new episodes watched before The Flash tonight. I hate being backed up, lol.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Obviously there is the epic comic triangle and it was naive to think they wouldn't play around on the show with the triangle as a result. Still, it's just weird how obvious they made the main pairings of Betty/Jughead & Veronica/Archie. Why go there if you are going to be serious about the comic triangle? Even when Betty/Archie kissed recently, TPTB had Archie tell Veronica he was in love with her right before it transpired. TPTB were making sure fans knew the two main pairings are solid long term even if they are lightly dabbling in the triangle for a second or two.
I don't think they were seriously playing to the comics though. I think they wanted to deviate from it. I think that's why they developed the pairings the way they have. Even if this wasn't based on the Archie comics, I think that BA kiss would still have happened because they seem to be trying to go for the Gossip Girl model with this show (sans Chuck Bass) and the drama comes from this sort of tension. I think where they truly messed up is trying to mix up teen romances and some sort of dark poorly executed gang storyline that makes 0 sense.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I don't think they were seriously playing to the comics though. I think they wanted to deviate from it. I think that's why they developed the pairings the way they have. Even if this wasn't based on the Archie comics, I think that BA kiss would still have happened because they seem to be trying to go for the Gossip Girl model with this show (sans Chuck Bass) and the drama comes from this sort of tension. I think where they truly messed up is trying to mix up teen romances and some sort of dark poorly executed gang storyline that makes 0 sense.
Oh I know, that's what I meant. They are so half-a$$ing the comic triangle. They don't even want to go there, it is so obvious. It is merely "trying to get it out of the way" is how I see it, if at all. The gang storyline is a pile of crap. Someone from the show on Twitter even confirmed Jughead truly did knife Penny and said it was due to his love for Betty and protecting her. This is so far away from the real character of Jughead. Season 1 had Jughead dealing with a terrible family situation. Instead of focusing on a lame gang storyline, they should have brought back his mom and sister and dealt with his family issues instead.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, you can tell they are only doing the B/A stuff just to get it out of the way really.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, you can tell they are only doing the B/A stuff just to get it out of the way really.
That's precisely it. It's totally to get it out of the way.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's precisely it. It's totally to get it out of the way.
Which, I don't mind really.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Which, I don't mind really.
I don't either. I feel sorry for BA fans but I'm fine with it.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Same here lol.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Oh I know, that's what I meant. They are so half-a$$ing the comic triangle. They don't even want to go there, it is so obvious. It is merely "trying to get it out of the way" is how I see it, if at all. The gang storyline is a pile of crap. Someone from the show on Twitter even confirmed Jughead truly did knife Penny and said it was due to his love for Betty and protecting her. This is so far away from the real character of Jughead. Season 1 had Jughead dealing with a terrible family situation. Instead of focusing on a lame gang storyline, they should have brought back his mom and sister and dealt with his family issues instead.
It's annoying me because its divided the fandom in half and I tend to root for the underdog just cause they are getting hate. But, I just need this story to end. Jughead cutting someone is not him, but hopefully now that he is back at riverdale the gang stuff will be the equivalent of an edgy social club.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
same here lol.
lol.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
It's annoying me because its divided the fandom in half and I tend to root for the underdog just cause they are getting hate. But, I just need this story to end. Jughead cutting someone is not him, but hopefully now that he is back at riverdale the gang stuff will be the equivalent of an edgy social club.
It’s definitely not Jughead. I hate it! Yes the gang needs watered down. I like both Toni and Sweet Pea. Would love for them to join the group.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I don't blame tumblr
Old 01-23-2018, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It’s definitely not Jughead. I hate it! Yes the gang needs watered down. I like both Toni and Sweet Pea. Would love for them to join the group.
Both of them are interesting in their own ways.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread