Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2020, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
What if Linda wasn't in Everwood around the time of Season 2. How do you think that would've shaped Amy's recovery? Do you think Harold would've ever really noticed that Amy was going through something and it wasn't just teenage angst?
That’s a great question!
Old 01-31-2020, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Added question to OP...

Hopefully we can ignite a good discussion.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
That sucks. I wish Netflix would pick up Everwood. I have the DVDs though and watch those a ton. I am thinking about getting another set to have as a back up.
The only problem with the DVDs is that seasons 2-4 have the different music and that kind of ruins it for me.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fantastic new question, Patricia! I will be brainstorming!
Old 01-31-2020, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
The only problem with the DVDs is that seasons 2-4 have the different music and that kind of ruins it for me.
That sucks.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We all know Everwood went there when it came to serious story lines such as Madisongate, abortion, adultery, the opportunities for dramatic story lines to be told in a very mature way.

I really do see someone, could be anyone, finding Amy on the bathroom floor. I think that's how bad it would get for Harold and then Rose to see that Amy's downward spiral wasn't just "teenage blues" or whatever Harold wanted to call it.

I realize Harold is a simple man, living in a simple town. But COME ON! He went to medical school, he's studied all of these cases of mental illness, drug use and how they all coincide with a breakdown. Amy was having a breakdown, she was soffocuating with everyone telling her how great she is and feeling like she's not good at anything. All Harold saw was this little girl having temper tantrum and not his daughter as a grown woman needing help.

How would Harold feel that if he picked up the phone and found out that Amy had been admitted into a hospital? Would he believe her then?

I get that Harold doesn't want to make a mountain out of a mow hill, but sometimes the mountain is already there and all people want to see is a mowhill.

My thoughts are around the world about this topic because there are so many components to this. I'll love to see what everyone else has to say about this
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-31-2020, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)

yes, dawson's creek did that with the opening theme music to seasons 4, 5, and 6 and it changed the entire opening for me. I'm not sure about the rest of the music in certain episodes because I didn't pay that close attention, but if the opening theme was then the rest of the music probably was too.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 02-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

I keep thinking about all of the time the writers wasted having Jake say I'm from La. His character wasn't necessary in my opinion. They could have used all his screentime for more attention on Edna and Irv, Delia, and getting Andy and Nina together. I still hate how they had Andy propose to Nina using Carl's last name.
Old 02-03-2020, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
I still hate how they had Andy propose to Nina using Carl's last name.
But we only know her as Nina Feeney. It might be Carl's last name, but that's how we identify her
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 02-04-2020, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
We all know Everwood went there when it came to serious story lines such as Madisongate, abortion, adultery, the opportunities for dramatic story lines to be told in a very mature way.

I really do see someone, could be anyone, finding Amy on the bathroom floor. I think that's how bad it would get for Harold and then Rose to see that Amy's downward spiral wasn't just "teenage blues" or whatever Harold wanted to call it.

I realize Harold is a simple man, living in a simple town. But COME ON! He went to medical school, he's studied all of these cases of mental illness, drug use and how they all coincide with a breakdown. Amy was having a breakdown, she was soffocuating with everyone telling her how great she is and feeling like she's not good at anything. All Harold saw was this little girl having temper tantrum and not his daughter as a grown woman needing help.

How would Harold feel that if he picked up the phone and found out that Amy had been admitted into a hospital? Would he believe her then?

I get that Harold doesn't want to make a mountain out of a mow hill, but sometimes the mountain is already there and all people want to see is a mowhill.

My thoughts are around the world about this topic because there are so many components to this. I'll love to see what everyone else has to say about this
Excellent thoughts.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
I keep thinking about all of the time the writers wasted having Jake say I'm from La. His character wasn't necessary in my opinion. They could have used all his screentime for more attention on Edna and Irv, Delia, and getting Andy and Nina together. I still hate how they had Andy propose to Nina using Carl's last name.
Jake really was a waste of screen time. I love Scott Wolf but I couldn't appreciate Jake. I also cannot believe they introduced his addiction storyline so late in the game. I remember thinking it was only due to Scott Wolf's contract. They had him for a certain number of episodes and wanted to take advantage, even if the character of Jake annoying lingered on for far too long.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Anyone have a new discussion question?
Old 02-20-2020, 02:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Hmmm... if Andy had died instead of Julia, and Julia had taken the kids to Everwood, how do you think the stories of all the other main characters would have evolved instead? (Clearly, it would have changed just about everything, so at least there's loads of things one could mention here...)
Old 02-20-2020, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
Hmmm... if Andy had died instead of Julia, and Julia had taken the kids to Everwood, how do you think the stories of all the other main characters would have evolved instead? (Clearly, it would have changed just about everything, so at least there's loads of things one could mention here...)
^ Wow. In all these years, this excellent question has never been asked.

I love it! Thanks!

It's such a wonderful question, I will have to think about it for a bit before answering.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
Hmmm... if Andy had died instead of Julia, and Julia had taken the kids to Everwood, how do you think the stories of all the other main characters would have evolved instead?

Honestly, I don't think Julia would think to take the kids to Everwood...at first. Remember when Andy tried to continue life in New York as a powerful neurosurgeon and trying to raise his kids entirely on his own? Pretty soon he realized he coudln't do it. He relied on Julia for EVERYTHING.

So at first, I don't think Julia would've taken the kids to Everwood. I thinks he would have found a way to make everything work. She was practically a single mom for most of the children's lives because Andy was always working. I think she would have made New York work for them.

To be honest, I don't see Julia ever taking her children to Everwood Although it's what she would have wanted to do, Julia always put her children first and remember how much Ephram lobbied to stay in New York because that was his home and Delia was too young to really know what she wanted to do or where she wanted to live.

I think they would've stayed in New York
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread