Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everwood Series Discussion & General Rewatch Thread #3: The Ephram and Bright Friendship: Let's discuss!

2020 Everwood Series Discussion and General Rewatch Thread

Welcome to the 2020 Everwood discussion thread! We were talking as mods and diehards of the show, and we're very interested in getting more discussion flowing on this board that pertains directly to the show.

The point of this thread is to have as many people contribute to discussion as possible. Part of the reason we're doing this is to keep the post counts up, but a much bigger reason is that we'll always know we have something Everwood-related to discuss, even though it's no longer on the air.

This thread is also about watching Everwood. Whatever episode and/or season you are currently watching, come on over and share your thoughts! Depending on who is presently watching, we can talk about several episodes at a time, anything goes.

Post your thoughts on the episodes and we can discuss!

Rules:

1. Anyone is most welcome to join at any time. The more the merrier!

2. Please help us come up with good discussion questions.

3. This thread is generally a free-flowing discussion where we determine when we change discussion questions based how how the discussion is going.

4. This board has always been mature. This board is so unique and the maturity level is one of many reasons why. With that said, let's keep the discussions/debates going in a healthy manner. Of course we are not always going to agree but that is the beauty of why our discussions are unique... to be able to receive as many point of views and thoughts as possible on Everwood. Let's continue to keep it mature and healthy just like our norm as we debate/discuss our fabulous show.

In case you rewatch any of the episodes and want to talk about it... here is a list of the Four Seasons of Everwood....

EVERWOOD EPISODES

1 :01x01 - Pilot
2 :01x02 - The Great Doctor Brown
3 :01x03 - Friendly Fire
4 :01x04 - The Kissing Bridge
5 :01x05 - Deer God
6 :01x06 - The Doctor Is In
7 :01x07 - We Hold These Truths
8 :01x08 - Till Death Do Us Part
9 :01x09 - Turf Wars
10 :01x10 - Is There a Doctor in the House?
11 :01x11 - A Thanksgiving Tale
12 :01x12 - Vegetative State
13 :01x13 - The Price of Fame
14 :01x14 - Colin the Second
15 :01x15 - Snow Job
16 :01x16 - My Funny Valentine
17 :01x17 - Everwood Confidential
18 :01x18 - The Unveiling
19 :01x19 - The Miracle of Everwood
20 :01x20 - Moonlight Sonata
21 :01x21 - Episode 20
22 :01x22 - Fear Itself
23 :01x23 - Home
24 :02x01 - The Last of Summer
25 :02x02 - Extra Ordinary
26 :02x03 - My Brother's Keeper
27 :02x04 - East Meets West
28 :02x05 - Daddy's Little Girl
29 :02x06 - Blind Faith
30 :02x07 - Three Miners From Everwood
31 :02x08 - The Burden of Truth
32 :02x09 - Just Like in the Movies
33 :02x10 - Unhappy Holidays
34 :02x11 - Family Dynamics
35 :02x12 - Controlling Interest
36 :02x13 - Forget Me Not
37 :02x14 - No Sure Thing
38 :02x15 - The L Word
39 :02x16 - Unspoken Truths
40 :02x17 - Unfinished Business
41 :02x18 - Last Looks
42 :02x19 - Sick
43 :02x20 - Do or Die
44 :02x21 - Your Future Awaits
45 :02x22 - The Day Is Done
46 :03x01 - For Every Action...
47 :03x02 - ...There is a Reaction
48 :03x03 - Staking Claim
49 :03x04 - The Birds & the Batteries
50 :03x05 - Sacrifice
51 :03x06 - Shoot the Moon
52 :03x07 - Best Laid Plans
53 :03x08 - The Tipping Point
54 :03x09 - The Reflex
55 :03x10 - Need to Know
56 :03x11 - Complex Guilt
57 :03x12 - Giving Up the Girl
58 :03x13 - The Perfect Day
59 :03x14 - Since You've Been Gone
60 :03x15 - Surprise
61 :03x16 - A Moment in Manhattan (a.k.a. A Mountain Town)
62 :03x17 - Fate Accomplis
63 :03x18 - Fallout
64 :03x19 - Acceptance
65 :03x20 - He Who Hesitates
66 :03x21 - Oh The Places You'll Go
67 :03x22 - Where the Heart Is
68 :04x01 - A Kiss to Build a Dream On
69 :04x02 - The Next Step
70 :04x03 - Put On A Happy Face
71 :04x04 - Pieces of Me
72 :04x05 - Connect Four
73 :04x06 - Free Fall
74 :04x07 - Pro Choice
75 :04x08 - So Long, Farewell...
76 :04x09 - Getting to Know You
77 :04x10 – Ghosts
78 :04x11 - Lost and Found
79 :04x12 - You're a Good Man, Andy Brown
80 :04x13 - An Ounce of Prevention
81 :04x14 - Across the Lines
82 :04x15 - The Land of Confusion
83 :04x16 - Truth...
84 :04x17 - All The Lonely People
85 :04x18 - Enjoy The Ride
86 :04x19 - Reckoning
87 :04x20 - Goodbye Love
88 :04x21 - Foreverwood (1)
89 :04x22 - Foreverwood (2)

Thanks so much!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 03-27-2020 at 09:12 AM
Old 11-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Last Page of Posts on previous thread
Old 11-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

We were discussing how different would things be if Ephram and Hannah would have dated on previous thread. Check out last posts over there.

Any other thoughts?
Old 11-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Michelle!!
Old 11-09-2019, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Welcome!
Old 11-09-2019, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wanted to add my thoughts on this...

Ephram and Hannah wouldn't have made sense at all. But Amy and Tommy didn't make sense and look what bath path she took when dating him. Bright and the girl he slept with didn't make sense when he was in love with Hannah.

Point is, a lot of couples we see didn't make sense (not to offend anyone)

I think Ephram and Hannah would've hurt a lot of people. Amy was stupid in love with Ephram the first moment he walked into County High. Yeah, sure they were teenagers, but there was something to be felt between them. For Hannah to be Amy's best friend and also dating Ephram, I think it would've complicated everything. Hannah would be hanging out with, doing the couple things that Ephram and Hannah would do and I'm not sure Amy could take it. I really think, in Amy's own way, she'd have Hannah choose. Amy was a great girl, but sometimes she wasn't always fair when it came to Ephram She would give Hannah the ultimatum that either she hang out with Ephram and do the couple thing or have a friendship with Amy...she couldn't do both. Being Hannah, she'd want to make everyone happy and settle to be miserable herself.

Then there's Bright....oh Brighton I'm thinking Hannah would still have her amazing friendship with Bright as they did when Hannah came to town in Everwood. I think when Amy would make Hannah takes sides, that's when Hannah would confide in Bright. I'm sure Hannah wouldn't find it in her heart to confide in Ephram because that would make Ephram be at odds because he wouldn't want to hurt anyone either.

I'm sure with all that tension, Bright and Ephram probably would be at odds because everyone's miserable.

All in all, it would be a terrible idea. I'm stressing just writing this lol

next question please
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-10-2019, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ I completely agree.

Look at Season 2... Season 2, one of the main themes was being with the wrong person romantically:

1. Andy/Linda
2. Ephram/Babysitter
3. Amy/Tommy

Andy/Linda had a good relationship overall but due to Linda's professional life, it was never going to work out.

All three relationships were temporary. Well, Madison personally lingered like a powerful flu bug for the rest of the series but as far as romantic relationships, all three were not meant to be long-term.

Yes, agree with all of your points about Ephram/Amy and how it would affect Amy and Bright. Ephram/Amy had something special from the moment they met each other... their connection was strong. They developed an emotional connection first before the romantic connection materialized. Even during the toughest times of their lives, they always remained connected no matter the title/label of their relationship. I really believe should Ephram/Hannah have dated, Ephram/Amy and their magical connection would have been severely tested.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
1. Andy/Linda
Andy/Linda had a good relationship overall but due to Linda's professional life, it was never going to work out.
I always thought it was more to Linda's personal life with HIV that ended the relationship because Andy wanted something more intimate with her and with HIV, he didn't feel he was going to have that?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I always thought it was more to Linda's personal life with HIV that ended the relationship because Andy wanted something more intimate with her and with HIV, he didn't feel he was going to have that?
Well, a few factors but a big one was she wasn't a practicing physician anymore due to the HIV Status being public knowledge in the Town. So it messed up her professional life as a result. Harold also had to pick up the pieces. That's when Harold attempted to own and run the Bagel shop. LOL. Then Andy and Harold started the business together. But yes, the HIV status was a big deal too. Ephram and Delia were actually terrified of this reality.

So yes, there were a couple of factors as to why Linda left.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:01 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
Ephram and Hannah wouldn't have made sense at all. But Amy and Tommy didn't make sense and look what bath path she took when dating him. Bright and the girl he slept with didn't make sense when he was in love with Hannah.
To be honest, Amy/Tommy made complete sense to me and so did Bright cheating on Hannah.

Amy was self-destructing, she wanted somebody who didn't really mean anything and who was as broken as she felt. Tommy was perfect for that. And he was happy to take her the way she was at the time, he didn't ask her to heal (unlike everybody else in her world) when she clearly couldn't and maybe didn't even want to. I'm sure she took solace in that.

And Bright was sexually frustrated... in walked a woman he had fantasized about when he was younger and made serious moves on him. And Bright has a track record of not being particularly restrained when it comes to that... it had nothing to do with how much he loved Hannah. Those were some pretty basic instincts overriding higher order thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
That's when Harold attempted to own and run the Bagel shop. LOL.
Loved that story line so much.

"Dad has gone mad crazy. I dig it!"

--

"So, my dad's opening a bagel shop."
"What?"
"Bagels. He just told us. And I don't think you should go to New York."
"Again: What?"

--

"Oh, I almost forgot the reason I came here."
"To mock me?"
"No, the other reason."

Oh, so very brilliant! One of the best episodes ever in my book. Did anyone else notice the sign that said:

"1/2 dozen bagels......$7.25
1 dozen bagels.............$15" ?

Because that cracks me up every time, too! It's so Harold to use that sales strategy so bluntly that only an imbecile wouldn't notice... because he really does think Everwood is full of "invertebrates who can hardly sign their own names".
Old 11-12-2019, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
To be honest, Amy/Tommy made complete sense to me and so did Bright cheating on Hannah.

Amy was self-destructing, she wanted somebody who didn't really mean anything and who was as broken as she felt. Tommy was perfect for that. And he was happy to take her the way she was at the time, he didn't ask her to heal (unlike everybody else in her world) when she clearly couldn't and maybe didn't even want to. I'm sure she took solace in that.

And Bright was sexually frustrated... in walked a woman he had fantasized about when he was younger and made serious moves on him. And Bright has a track record of not being particularly restrained when it comes to that... it had nothing to do with how much he loved Hannah. Those were some pretty basic instincts overriding higher order thought.
So well said, Leo. I couldn't agree more. Both Amy/Tommy and Bright cheating made sense. Tommy was exactly what Amy was looking during that tough time period. Amazingly, it was Tommy who let her be who she needed to be. She wasn't ready to move on or heal, it wasn't possible. She needed this relationship. Thankfully, she didn't sleep with him or try to make it turn serious (unlike Ephram/Madison) and it existed for the very short-term. Deep down, Amy knew it was only necessary for the short-term.

Bright and Hannah and their relationship was waiting to explode from the moment they decided it was a good idea to get together in the first place. There was no way the physical part of their relationship wasn't going to end up causing heartache and tears in the end. They were on two different sides of the line and meeting halfway (during the time they were together) simply wasn't going to happen. That is why the shower scene never did a thing for me. I thought it was one of the most ridiculous scenes ever created on our special show.

Quote:
Loved that story line so much.

"Dad has gone mad crazy. I dig it!"

--

"So, my dad's opening a bagel shop."
"What?"
"Bagels. He just told us. And I don't think you should go to New York."
"Again: What?"

--

"Oh, I almost forgot the reason I came here."
"To mock me?"
"No, the other reason."

Oh, so very brilliant! One of the best episodes ever in my book. Did anyone else notice the sign that said:

"1/2 dozen bagels......$7.25
1 dozen bagels.............$15" ?

Because that cracks me up every time, too! It's so Harold to use that sales strategy so bluntly that only an imbecile wouldn't notice... because he really does think Everwood is full of "invertebrates who can hardly sign their own names".
I loved that episode so much too. I especially love the Amy/Ephram conversation... Amy talks bagels and NYC (which actually go together lol) in her sweet, babbling way to Ephram.

Yes, the sign. Harold felt like he could pull a fast one on the "Townies" but it didn't go as planned to say the least. LOL.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Started a new thread topic:

A storyline or moment from each Season you wish you could erase?
Old 11-30-2019, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fantastic question, Michelle!! It will be tough to choose one scene and I will give it much thought!
Old 11-30-2019, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Fantastic question, Michelle!! It will be tough to choose one scene and I will give it much thought!
Scene, storyline, and we can say as many as you want to choose from each season.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

A quick list

1. Everwood Confidential
2. Ephram/Madison. I have mentioned before Madison didn't bother me(possibly because I love the actress) but Andy never should have allowed that to happen because well it was illegal.
3. Andy/Amanda. This was the absolute worst storyline of the entire series. I actually feel sick to my stomach watching it. Pure trash.
4. The one thing I hated more than Bright cheating on Hannah was the Jake/Andy/Nina love triangle. I was interested for a short time then it got old. It didn't need to last the entire season.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread