Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2005, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry I'm going to go OT for a second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
ALLSTAR

The O.C. can be quite trashy and off the wall, but at least from time to time they throw signs of depth and continuity in it. Certainly not anywhere near Everwood's quality, but just that minimal amount, even if it happens infrequently, is enough to keep me tuned in.
That's my thoughts on The OC as well. I watch it, but I'm not "into" as I am with Everwood. I personally think that even though Everwood obivously has it shipper couples there is other quality characters that draws you into the show. Scott Wolf for instance wait that's mine. Or even characters like Harold who are somewhat eccentric, yet very funny in their own special way.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Can you guys believe that there are three titles for this episode going around? TheWB.com used to call this episode "Start Spreading the News" and on WB45's site, they say the title is "A Mountain Town" .. I'm just mindboggled by The WB daily.
I made my icon.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Gaby.. I know. That's so funny how they can't decide on a freaking title. I just went with what the wb had for the moment.

COOLCAT.. Totally. Drama will be in excess tomorrow night. I can only imagine what the cliffhanger is going to be. I just hope it's not one that is painfully irritating in that we are left stunned and frustrated that we have to wait forever to see the resolution. Wait.. Who am I kidding? OF COURSE, that's what they will do to us.

diamondroad17.. OTH has gone so far downhill, that there is nothing for me to even pretend to like. It's just.. BAD.

Just Peachy.. Great point. Yes, Everwood has outstanding shipper couples but you also fall in love with the characters in an individual manner. You mentioned Dimples and Harold.. There's so much substance to these characters and reasons to fall in love with them.. This show is remarkable in every way possible.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

Oh, and I forgot to mention: WB45 is my WB. That's why that link and not, say, WB11. I'm gonna call the episode A Mountain Town when transcript is up. Might reference the other titles.
I made my icon.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Gotcha.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

TVTOme has it as: A Moment in Manhattan (a.k.a. A Mountain Town)

kenny | credit
Old 02-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for letting us know. I wonder what the TV description will have it as.. I'll check and see if it's up yet.. I also wonder what TWOP will have it as.. They usually don't post the title until tomorrow evening though.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

TV Guide is calling it A Mountain Town.

Watch Veronica Mars, Wednesdays at 9 pm est on UPN.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

I think it's just TheWB.com that started calling it "A Moment in Manhattan" and the other places that have it got it from there. The casting sides for this episode were "A Mountain Town." I have no idea why TheWB.com is differing from what other sources say. Oh, wait. I do. The interns at TheWB.com are stupid.
I made my icon.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for the info.

Changed title.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-20-2005 at 05:01 PM
Old 02-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondroad17
While Everwood have a lot more to offer besides E/A.
I think that's why Everwood has the diverse fan base like 7th Heaven, although i'd dare to say that Everwood has an even more diverse fan base because you have that group of people who's reaction to 7th Heaven is "gag me with a spoon".

Everwood's plot lines are also for the most part one of it's saving graces, they're not all contrived.
-maria
Old 02-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKRO
Once again, I'm not a spoiler reader, but it seems obvious from the trailer and the episode description that Ephram is going to encounter Madison and big things relative to Babygate and Julliard are going to happen. Having had three years to think about how to play out the Julliard story and one year to imagine how to create the "big moment" of Babygate, the writers decide to have both plot lines hinge on a chance meeting in a city of twenty million people? Isn't that a little weak?
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the drama will be compelling, but the chances of someone visiting New York for a few days and bumping into a particular person, who they have no idea is within a thousand miles of there, have to be about a gazillion to one. I guess I expected more.
Maybe I'm just being crabby because I know I'm not going to like what happens Monday night. But, still......
That's exactly what my sister said. Actually she said "This show has had Dr. Brown wake one person up from a coma and another from a stroke induced catatonic state...and both of those are more plausible than Ephram accidentally meeting Madison in New York."

Wilpen: See, the shallowness of OTH is part of the reason I watch it. I like having at least one show a week where I can check my brain at the door and just have fun. (Actually I have three since I also watch Reba and What I Like About You).
Old 02-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

My shallow TV show is Days Of Our Lives. Putting aside the fact that historically, this soap has been on my family's TV screens for years, I mainly watch it because I expect zany stuff to go on. I don't know what it is about why I can't watch OTH the same way I watch Days.. Maybe it's because initially, I wanted a Dawson's Creek replacement, so I tried to compare it too much to Dawson's Creek. I thought the show would sort of be like Creek.. Soapy but with some substance.. Then, whenever I realized it wasn't like The Creek, I had a let down.

The Crow.. I noticed you were MIA around here the past week. Missed you around here.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-21-2005 at 02:35 PM
Old 02-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

THE CROW:
Thanks. It certainly seems thin to me.

WILPEN:
I confess to a liking for Veronica Mars (which is not at all shallow), although from the ratings it looks like only about twelve other people are watching it.

I still can't convince myself a baby will be part of the weekly Everwood story line. He/she may remain "out there" for future re-visitation, but I can't see he/she being a constant presence. I still see the emphasis being on emotional reactions and their effects on certain relationships.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Veronica Mars is an awesome show ... and should not be in the same category as any other teen show out there.

OTH is definetly a guilty pleasure, and I think alot of people thought it would be a good DC replacement ... but alas, it wasn't.

kenny | credit
Closed Thread   Post New Thread