Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Marko - I understand where your coming from. And I want to apologize before ... I reread my post and I didn't mean for it come off that way. I respect other peoples opinions, and it was refreshing to see a different outlook on the episode.

credit
Old 02-22-2005, 03:11 PM
New Fan

A Moutain Town

Last nights episode of Everwood totally rocked. I can't believe it doesn't return until some time in April. That really sucks. The scenes between Ephram and Andy were among the best in the entire show. Treat Williams is such a phenomenal actor. The look on his face when he saw Ephram and Madison together was worth a thousand words. I can't believe how far Andy and Ephram have come just to lose it all now. Truly, truly, sad. So far, I have been able to remain spoiler free. However, I don't think Madison had the baby. I do however think that the news of her abortion and Andy's duplicity in it will cause Ephram to fail his audition. On a side note, I have been reading all of the complaints about OTH. I agree that OTH is not in the same category as Everwood, but that doesn't make it bad. Just different. There is nothing that I hate more than fair weather friends. People who support shows as long as the storylines are going their way. The unrealistic relationship between Nathan and Haley has never been my reason for watching OTH. It has always been the family dynamic. So as far as I am concerned the show is finally on track!
Old 02-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Wow, I love these debates. MAKRO and ALLSTAR.. You guys are both passionate with your opinions and that's why I thoroughly love reading both of your posts.

MAKRO.. You have so many compelling thoughts and in my original post, it is obvious that we agree on a lot of things.. In particular, the decision for Andy to go all "helpless" in not BEGGING Madison to wait until after the audition to tell all. I am quite puzzled by this and I even watched this scene over about five times now.. The one thing after a couple of viewings that I picked up on is the fact that Andy was almost sort of "silently begging" Madison to "do the right thing." I don't think he was completely resigned or even assuming that Madison was going to spill everything before the audition. I actually think he was, in a round about way, trying to request that she wait until after the audition.. Like how he said she will have better instincts than he did, etc. I think he was making hints for her to digest his request. I think in some way, Andy felt like if he got on his hands and knees and begged her to wait until after the audition, due to the cat and mouse game that they looked like they were playing, what would Madison do? TELL Ephram the moment she saw him. Madison would probably even have taken Andy's begging as barking "MORE ORDERS" and not listened to him. In a strange way, I think Andy was banking on a silent request of conveying to her that she wait.. He might have thought that was his only hope to get through to her.. At least that's how I sort of see it now..

Regarding Madison.. I am still very irked that she completely blames Andy for everything.. You know, she had absolutely no binding contract that said she needed to obey what Andy asked her to do. I still think she is at fault for her part in keeping Ephram in the dark about this..

Quote:
Amy: What can I say? I'm proud of you, girl. I know I've bashed you a few times. But right now, you are fulfilling every expectation I could ever have for you. You are FINALLY acting like you're truly in love with the guy. Controlling your shock and sorrow in his presence was as loving a gesture as I've seen in awhile. Even your "I love you's? sound more deeply felt. You are the only one who seems to be putting Ephram's dreams at the forefront.
Totally, MAKRO. Occassionally, this beautiful girl has made me want to jump into the screen and yell some things at her during these past three seasons.. Even though EVC is simpy superb, and the more I would get mad at Amy, the more I would end up loving her.. But yes. I have NEVER been more proud of Amy before, ever. What she feels for Ephram is the precise definition of TRUE LOVE, folks. She loves him in every way that is possible to love someone. The way she has handled this news is nothing short of perfection. Her unselfish love that she displays towards Ephram is something to see. I loved how Ephram was telling her about feeling nothing romantic for Madison and Amy was barely even listening to that part of it.. Her focus was on EPHRAM.. The love of her life.. She wanted to make damn sure that he does not blow his audition.. Her concern about Ephram seeing Madison is purely out of Amy wanting Ephram to get to his audition is one piece.. And succeed. The demonstration of what defines loving someone is what Amy is showing towards Ephram. That's why this love story simply touches me in a way that no other has ever even come close to doing so. And Amy clutching that note that Ephram wrote in the care package broke my heart.. I am so proud of this girl.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
Wow, I love these debates. MAKRO and ALLSTAR.. You guys are both passionate with your opinions and that's why I thoroughly love reading both of your posts.

MAKRO.. You have so many compelling thoughts and in my original post, it is obvious that we agree on a lot of things.. In particular, the decision for Andy to go all "helpless" in not BEGGING Madison to wait until after the audition to tell all. I am quite puzzled by this and I even watched this scene over about five times now.. The one thing after a couple of viewings that I picked up on is the fact that Andy was almost sort of "silently begging" Madison to "do the right thing." I don't think he was completely resigned or even assuming that Madison was going to spill everything before the audition. I actually think he was, in a round about way, trying to request that she wait until after the audition.. Like how he said she will have better instincts than he did, etc. I think he was making hints for her to digest his request. I think in some way, Andy felt like if he got on his hands and knees and begged her to wait until after the audition, due to the cat and mouse game that they looked like they were playing, what would Madison do? TELL Ephram the moment she saw him. Madison would probably even have taken Andy's begging as barking "MORE ORDERS" and not listened to him. In a strange way, I think Andy was banking on a silent request of conveying to her that she wait.. He might have thought that was his only hope to get through to her.. At least that's how I sort of see it now..

Regarding Madison.. I am still very irked that she completely blames Andy for everything.. You know, she had absolutely no binding contract that said she needed to obey what Andy asked her to do. I still think she is at fault for her part in keeping Ephram in the dark about this..

Totally, MAKRO. Occassionally, this beautiful girl has made me want to jump into the screen and yell some things at her during these past three seasons.. Even though EVC is simpy superb, and the more I would get mad at Amy, the more I would end up loving her.. But yes. I have NEVER been more proud of Amy before, ever. What she feels for Ephram is the precise definition of TRUE LOVE, folks. She loves him in every way that is possible to love someone. The way she has handled this news is nothing short of perfection. Her unselfish love that she displays towards Ephram is something to see. I loved how Ephram was telling her about feeling nothing romantic for Madison and Amy was barely even listening to that part of it.. Her focus was on EPHRAM.. The love of her life.. She wanted to make damn sure that he does not blow his audition.. Her concern about Ephram seeing Madison is purely out of Amy wanting Ephram to get to his audition is one piece.. And succeed. The demonstration of what defines loving someone is what Amy is showing towards Ephram. That's why this love story simply touches me in a way that no other has ever even come close to doing so. And Amy clutching that note that Ephram wrote in the care package broke my heart.. I am so proud of this girl.
I agree . . and WOW
Old 02-22-2005, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks cannongoal. I appreciate it.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
I completely agree with everything you said. Incredibly well put.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've been lurking around several boards and am somewhat surprised to see that lots of people are citing Andy's demeanor in the hospital, his obvious happiness at being back in New York, and his rooftop conversation with Ephram as evidence that Andy really would love to move back there. I think just the opposite (wow, this really is one of those "contrary" days for me). I don't think Andy has any desire at all to move back to New York. And I think his "promise" to Ephram was made only to enhance Ephram's happiness for a few more hours before their relationship is shattered.
First of all, I believe Andy was affected far more profoundly by his doctor friend's whimsical regret over missing his young daughter's birthday party due to work than he was by any regret at not being back there as a surgeon. He knows what taking up his old lifestyle would do. It would make him what he was before. What would that do to Delia?
Secondly, sure he was glad to be back. Most people enjoy going back to their old home towns and hitting their old hangouts, soaking up the atmosphere, etc. But that doesn't automatically translate into wanting to move back. He said awhile ago that they left New York because there was nothing left for them there. That it wasn't their home anymore.
Also, I think Andy still feels an obligation to Julia. Moving back would be against everything she wanted for him.
And lastly, I go back to the episode where Andy was visited by the New York Magazine reporter. He admitted that he missed New York sometimes, but he then described finding Delia because he saw her toothbrush on the sink. And he mentioned a talk he had with Ephram. His concluding thought was that Everwood was his miracle.
I think he felt comfortable with telling Ephram he would move because he knew the issue would never come up after Ephram found out about Babygate and Andy's deception. The statement made his son happy, and it cost Andy nothing.
All in all, it was a nice thing to say at that time. But I don't buy that it reflected his true desires.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Loyal Fan

I missed Everwood and really haven't had a chance to watch it all season so I was wondering if you guys could help me.

What really happened after Madison left? I know Ephram and Amy got together but I was curious to know if Madison had the baby or not.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Manda105.. Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm so glad you agree with my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKRO
I think he felt comfortable with telling Ephram he would move because he knew the issue would never come up after Ephram found out about Babygate and Andy's deception. The statement made his son happy, and it cost Andy nothing.
All in all, it was a nice thing to say at that time. But I don't buy that it reflected his true desires.
You hit this one out of the park, MAKRO. I'm right with you. And for all the reasons that you listed. Also, if you look at his expression and tone whenever he is agreeing to it, only gives more confirmation that Andy's true desires were not about moving back to NYC. Sadly, I think it was about pacifying his son one last time, before he knows that in a short time, his heart will begin to rip to shreds as he watches how he "almost" had it all with his son.. But his deception, instead, causes everything to destruct, to his horror. This storyline will tug at my heart in more ways than one. Very, very heartbreaking.

Just sort of a funny thing I thought of.. Notice how they will probably keep with the theme of Madison = bad auditions for Ephram, while Amy = successful auditions for Ephram..

We don't know for sure if Ephram's audition is toast.. But if they go with the running theme, Ephram should have begged Amy to go with him to NYC because that would have guaranteed success. With Madison being there, the odds are just not good for him.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey all you Everwood fans. I don't watch the show that often, but my brother is a die hard fan, and he especially loves the narrator quotes. I was wondering if someone could post the quotes from last nights episode here. If not then perhaps a link to where I could find them or a transcript and I could locate the quotes. He also really wants to get the quote near the ends of the episode about regrets. If anyone could help I'd be forever grateful...thanks ahead of time.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I've been lurking around several boards and am somewhat surprised to see that lots of people are citing Andy's demeanor in the hospital, his obvious happiness at being back in New York, and his rooftop conversation with Ephram as evidence that Andy really would love to move back there. I think just the opposite (wow, this really is one of those "contrary" days for me). I don't think Andy has any desire at all to move back to New York. And I think his "promise" to Ephram was made only to enhance Ephram's happiness for a few more hours before their relationship is shattered.
First of all, I believe Andy was affected far more profoundly by his doctor friend's whimsical regret over missing his young daughter's birthday party due to work than he was by any regret at not being back there as a surgeon. He knows what taking up his old lifestyle would do. It would make him what he was before. What would that do to Delia?
Secondly, sure he was glad to be back. Most people enjoy going back to their old home towns and hitting their old hangouts, soaking up the atmosphere, etc. But that doesn't automatically translate into wanting to move back. He said awhile ago that they left New York because there was nothing left for them there. That it wasn't their home anymore.
Also, I think Andy still feels an obligation to Julia. Moving back would be against everything she wanted for him.
And lastly, I go back to the episode where Andy was visited by the New York Magazine reporter. He admitted that he missed New York sometimes, but he then described finding Delia because he saw her toothbrush on the sink. And he mentioned a talk he had with Ephram. His concluding thought was that Everwood was his miracle.
You're not the only one thinking that way I totally agree.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker: Spider-Man
Hey all you Everwood fans. I don't watch the show that often, but my brother is a die hard fan, and he especially loves the narrator quotes. I was wondering if someone could post the quotes from last nights episode here. If not then perhaps a link to where I could find them or a transcript and I could locate the quotes. He also really wants to get the quote near the ends of the episode about regrets. If anyone could help I'd be forever grateful...thanks ahead of time.
Is this what you wanted:

Quote:
Maybe that's why all the people in the Mountain Town, I keep thinking about the Doctor. He gave life to so many only to have his own torn out of his chest. Yet somehow, he managed to set aside his grief and regret and look ahead to new memories and to new mistakes. I think of him and I remember there's always a reason to try again. I think of him and I can hope to hope.
My friend Rosemary who transcribes the episodes for my Everwood Scripts & Transcripts site did that.
I made my icon.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks Gaby, for supplying the info. I love your site and everything that it has to offer.. Thanks for all that you and Rosemary do.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm not sure...He said that it was a different one...tell ya what if you can post the link to the transcript or PM it to me I'll find it...thanks
Old 02-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

Well Rosemary hasn't gotten around to transcribing A Mountain Town yet. She just started Since You've Been Gone (so after that she has Surprise and then she can get to A Mountain Town) but I'll probably get them soon. She's going to Utah this weekend with a friend (to see Everwood sets and all that) and that means lots of plane time and nothing to do except transcribe Everwood. My site is accessible through http://devoted.to/everwoodscripts or http://everwoodscripts.tripod.com

That quote does talk about regret though.
I made my icon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread