Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I watched the whole ep yesterday and my god this episode was fantastic! All the flashbacks were amazing and it was so well done. So sad and I will miss Irv so much. Bravo!
Old 05-31-2006, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D
Aww, thanks Michelle, and I meant every word of it. You do a great job here, and I appreciate everything that you do for this message board and for Fan Forum, and I also appreciate your friendship.
Awww. thank you so much, Jerry. I can't tell you how much I enjoy being a moderator on this board. It has been nothing but pure pleasure. I look forward to doing this daily, it never gets old and tiring, it's one of the positive things in my life that I cherish. And I certainly appreciate your friendship as well.

Quote:
I think the best thing about Fan Forum is the people you get to know, and you're definitely one of the nicest people that I've had the pleasure and honor to get to know here.
Awww, right back at you, Jerry. You are so incredibly kind and sweet. I am so proud that I was able to get to know you as well. See, the Dawson's Creek experience did have some positives after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB7becks82
Michelle I agree with everything Jerry said about you making the Everwood board the best at FF. At all other boards I go to I am constantly irritated at the mods for never posting or discussing the show they moderate and when they do finally post its just to give people who are having an honest discussion a hard time for something so insignificant. Most just try to control the posts and dont care enough about the show IMO. But not you, no one could love Everwood as much as you, Im positive. Its been such a pleasure interacting you and reading your great posts. If it werent for you I probably wouldnt have posted nearly as much as I do.
Awww, man, and now I'm crying again. Thank you so much for the kind words, Angela. I hope you know how amazing it has been since getting to know you. You have actually changed my life in more ways than you'll ever know. How magical it has been since you first started posting here... We just clicked instantly and the minute we started talking one on one, it was as if it seemed like we have talked our entire lives. That's exactly how it feels. Like I have known you forever. Sounds lame, cheesy, ridiculous, but it's so true.

Quote:
I am really thinking of not turning on the CW if Everwood really is gone for good. And yours and Jerry's recent posts have motivated me more. It really was a ridiculous and blatant injustice by the CW. It sucks I havent found anything else to watch, I guess just Everwood and GG reruns on ABC family as of now.
Awww yeah, but we talked about this.. You do love GG and if your only option is to tune in to that miserable network for one hour, then that's what you have to do. You can loathe them but "use" them at the same time if that makes any sense. It's not like you just started watching GG or anything. You are invested and it would be terrible if you didn't finish the series out or waited for a long while.. Of course, I admire you for even thinking about boycotting though. So awesome of you. It proves how much passion and love you have for Everwood. No matter what you decide, it will be the right choice.

Quote:
The only reason I didnt post any thoughts on the latest episode is because everyone so wonderfully stated my exact thoughts of the episode and I felt no need to be repetitive. Great posts.
Yeah. But for the record, your posts are absolutely magnficent so whenever you post, my eyes instantly wander straight to it to eagerly find out what you have to say. You can write two sentences and I will devour it. That's how much I care about what you have to say.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Supreme Fan

I had a question about the music in this episode, I was wondering if anyone knew what the name and who sang the song in the last scene of the episode. something "as we walked in fields of.."

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Old 06-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriberri21
I had a question about the music in this episode, I was wondering if anyone knew what the name and who sang the song in the last scene of the episode. something "as we walked in fields of.."
Eva Cassidy's "Fields of Gold."

I can't get used to it.
I'll never get used to it.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLC11
Eva Cassidy's "Fields of Gold."
thank you very much

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Old 06-26-2018, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay so I read through the comments after I watched this episode and I have to admit, I was not as blown away by this episode as others have been, unfortunately.

It was a nice episode, yes, and it was nice homage to Irv, but for me it sort of bothered me a little bit... I think because the series was ending they were trying to scramble some things and tack on some things and because of that I didnt find the episode as enjoyable as maybe I would have had the episode aired say, 2 seasons later or something. To me, Irv was more of a side character. Instead of killing him off, I wish he and Edna had just left like they were going to. Maybe Harold and Rose could have gone with them, thus hinting at more of a relationship between Edna and Harold. Instead, they decided to kill off Irv and focus this episode on flashbacks of him that I found a bit useless. I mean, at this point in the series there are just other characters that are far more important imo.

I also sort of feel the same about Andy's father who is randomly there in the episodes as if he's been an important character all these years. He hasnt been? They simply introduced him too late imo and having that touching scene with Andy just felt forced to me. He was absent from Andy's life for so long, it should take more than 2 episodes for all to be forgiven.

Andy finally wising up about Nina was amazing and I love that he bought a ring, although, I think it's a bit pre-mature. Like, maybe just confess your feelings first. Though, I get it, he did it in the past and it didnt work out for him so I understand the hesitancy.

Bright/Hannah, ugh, I just didnt care abut their scenes at all, but I guess I am glad that they are speaking again and that Hannah is there for him in a FRIEND way and they arent pushing a romance or anything but still, I just am over them, so any scenes together just annoy me.

The one part of the episode I truly enjoyed was the Amy/Ephram parts, obviously. The flashback moment was nice, but admittedly it felt kind of plopped in there to me. During the time she was dating Tommy and he was with Madison, these two were just not all that close, so I found the scene kind of annoying? Because it would have been nice to have this interaction back then. Suddenly they are just sticking it in here and it feels sort of like retconning a bit? Also didnt they have a conversation about sex in another scene? So it felt sort of repetitive to talk about it here. With that said, I still loved it because I love E/A and I found the lines in there very cute. But more importantly I loved their current scene with the broken cup and how Amy told Ephram she was glad he was there and how he fixed the cup (or tried to) and Amy just watched him. it was more than clear that she was realizing how much she cared about him.

I am sad to be almost finished with the show and I tried to put it off as long as possible but I need to finish! I will probably watch the next two episodes back to back as they aired in the same night, right?

Any suggestions for the next show I should do? Perhaps we can watch something tougher and I can post about it here? Let me now. I dont want to stop posting at the board, but I tend to lose touch of boards once I start watching other shows... I am gong to try to stick around though!

Last edited by Alexa; 06-26-2018 at 08:47 PM
Old 06-27-2018, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Okay so I read through the comments after I watched this episode and I have to admit, I was not as blown away by this episode as others have been, unfortunately.

It was a nice episode, yes, and it was nice homage to Irv, but for me it sort of bothered me a little bit... I think because the series was ending they were trying to scramble some things and tack on some things and because of that I didnt find the episode as enjoyable as maybe I would have had the episode aired say, 2 seasons later or something. To me, Irv was more of a side character. Instead of killing him off, I wish he and Edna had just left like they were going to. Maybe Harold and Rose could have gone with them, thus hinting at more of a relationship between Edna and Harold. Instead, they decided to kill off Irv and focus this episode on flashbacks of him that I found a bit useless. I mean, at this point in the series there are just other characters that are far more important imo.
I completely agree. I love your idea of Edna/Irv leaving and even Harold/Rose leaving with them, even if it would only be short-term for Harold/Rose. Given the cancer scare, we could have seen Harold/Rose taking a break, finally breathing and having some fun. Bright and Amy were settled in and looking at working on their futures... they could have taken some time for themselves and joined Edna/Irv. Yes, a great ending would have been seeing Edna/Harold working on their relationship too.

Quote:
I also sort of feel the same about Andy's father who is randomly there in the episodes as if he's been an important character all these years. He hasnt been? They simply introduced him too late imo and having that touching scene with Andy just felt forced to me. He was absent from Andy's life for so long, it should take more than 2 episodes for all to be forgiven.
The storyline was randomly inserted in there due to the series ending. You are right, it was so random and we needed more time. It felt forced and too choppy.

Quote:
Andy finally wising up about Nina was amazing and I love that he bought a ring, although, I think it's a bit pre-mature. Like, maybe just confess your feelings first. Though, I get it, he did it in the past and it didnt work out for him so I understand the hesitancy.
Finally some evolution even if, like you said, it's still early.

Quote:
Bright/Hannah, ugh, I just didnt care abut their scenes at all, but I guess I am glad that they are speaking again and that Hannah is there for him in a FRIEND way and they arent pushing a romance or anything but still, I just am over them, so any scenes together just annoy me.
100% agree with you!

Quote:
The one part of the episode I truly enjoyed was the Amy/Ephram parts, obviously. The flashback moment was nice, but admittedly it felt kind of plopped in there to me. During the time she was dating Tommy and he was with Madison, these two were just not all that close, so I found the scene kind of annoying? Because it would have been nice to have this interaction back then. Suddenly they are just sticking it in here and it feels sort of like retconning a bit? Also didnt they have a conversation about sex in another scene? So it felt sort of repetitive to talk about it here. With that said, I still loved it because I love E/A and I found the lines in there very cute. But more importantly I loved their current scene with the broken cup and how Amy told Ephram she was glad he was there and how he fixed the cup (or tried to) and Amy just watched him. it was more than clear that she was realizing how much she cared about him.
Greg/Emily flawlessly sell Ephram/Amy... their chemistry is just sizzling... compelling, so natural and convincing.

I think Berlanti put in the flashback scene because he craved going back to that season 1 Ephram/Amy-like feel... not together romantically in label just yet but still... everyone on the planet understanding they are on their way.

Quote:
I am sad to be almost finished with the show and I tried to put it off as long as possible but I need to finish! I will probably watch the next two episodes back to back as they aired in the same night, right?
I hear you!

Quote:
Any suggestions for the next show I should do? Perhaps we can watch something tougher and I can post about it here? Let me now. I dont want to stop posting at the board, but I tend to lose touch of boards once I start watching other shows... I am gong to try to stick around though!
You better stick around!

Hmmm... what are some shows you have considered watching but haven't just yet?
Old 06-29-2018, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well and I like Irv but I just think a whole episode focused on him made me a bit bitter because I want/need them to wrap up the other characters storylines.

I wish he had flashbacks to season 1 instead but I guess maybe they didnt think they could pull off looking that young again. It would have been nice to see old footage or something but again, probably hard to do.

Quote:
Hmmm... what are some shows you have considered watching but haven't just yet?
Gosh I dont know!

Here are a few that have been on my to watch list for a while:
The Magicians
The Bold Type
Crazy Ex Girlfriend
ER
Rise
Parenthood

I wouldnt be opposed to rewatching some shows maybe. I was thinking of maybe rewatch Greys Anatomy. Or Gilmore Girls.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Well and I like Irv but I just think a whole episode focused on him made me a bit bitter because I want/need them to wrap up the other characters storylines.

I wish he had flashbacks to season 1 instead but I guess maybe they didnt think they could pull off looking that young again. It would have been nice to see old footage or something but again, probably hard to do.
Totally agree. I wish we knew what was running through Berlanti’s head when he killed off Irv or at least the timing of killing off Irv. It just doesn’t make sense.

Quote:
Gosh I dont know!

Here are a few that have been on my to watch list for a while:
The Magicians
The Bold Type
Crazy Ex Girlfriend
ER
Rise
Parenthood

I wouldnt be opposed to rewatching some shows maybe. I was thinking of maybe rewatch Greys Anatomy. Or Gilmore Girls.
The Magicians, The Bold Type, and Rise I’ve never heard of... but I live under a rock, lol. I’ve never seen GA but GG is one of my favorites.

Another option... currently, we are getting together a Harry Potter re-read/read on OT4. Jerry, Shu, Alan and Sam are all participating. We haven’t set up how many chapters per week but tentatively we’re thinking 1 to 2 chapters per week. We’re all going to write up thoughts. Jerry hasn’t read the series so it’s going to be fun getting his thoughts. Would you be interested in joining us? If so, check out OT4.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can give you the synopsis for each of them. Maybe you'd be interested to watch with me? We can go totally slow, like 1 episode a week, or even 1 every two weeks lol. Let me know.

And yeah, I can probably join! I am currently in the middle of book 4 of my re-read though so I probably wont re-read 1-3 but I can definitely participate in discussion. Maybe when we get to 4 I can get back into it lol.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I can give you the synopsis for each of them. Maybe you'd be interested to watch with me? We can go totally slow, like 1 episode a week, or even 1 every two weeks lol. Let me know.

And yeah, I can probably join! I am currently in the middle of book 4 of my re-read though so I probably wont re-read 1-3 but I can definitely participate in discussion. Maybe when we get to 4 I can get back into it lol.
I posted info on the HP Read via PM, on the thread so if you want to participate (in any capacity), that would be great!

Would love to see the synopsis for each. Have you ever seen B99? That is one show I've been wanting to check out. Everyone says it's so good.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have seen b99 and its really cute. I dont LOVE it but its a good show. Its a comedy. I think I watched the first two seasons. Or maybe I'm only a couple episodes into season 2, I cant remember. I'm sure its on file somewhere.

Do you like comedies? Have you seen Its Always Sunny or the Office? Those two are my favorites.

It would be hard to find a show I haven't seen. Ive at least watched the pilot of most shows just to see which ones strike me.

We could also rewatch the 100 together . Even though Ive seen it a million times. Another show Id want to rewatch is Misfits, but I dont know if that one is your cup of tea. But I can leave the synopsis anyways.

The Magicians
Quentin Coldwater enrolls at Brakebills University for Magical Pedagogy to be trained as a magician, where he discovers that the magical world from his favorite childhood books is real and poses a danger to humanity. Meanwhile, the life of his childhood friend Julia is derailed when she is denied entry, and she searches for magic elsewhere.

(my bro in law and sister watched it for a while and said it was good. )

The Bold Type
The series centers on three friends – Jane (Katie Stevens), Kat (Aisha Dee), and Sutton (Meghann Fahy) – who all work for Scarlet, a global women's magazine. The show explores their outrageous lives in New York City as they learn to find their own voices and explore their sexuality, identity, love, and fashion.

(sounds like its more of a comedy series but similar to maybe sex and the city - which i also want to rewatch btw!. I heard it has a lot of great themes though like feminism and multi-racial lgbt couples etc.)

Crazy Ex Girlfriend
Rebecca Bunch is a Yale- and Harvard-educated real-estate lawyer who works for a top New York City law firm. She panics when offered a partnership with the firm, and bumps into her first love from summer camp, Josh Chan, on the street. Josh tells her he could not make it in New York City and is moving back to his hometown of West Covina, California. Rebecca decides to follow Josh in search of happiness. She hops on a plane to Los Angeles, drives to West Covina, gets a job at Darryl Whitefeather's West Covina law firm, rents an apartment, and flushes all her depression and anxiety meds down the sink.

(sounds pretty dumb but ive heard a lot of great things about it. i did watch the pilot and it was kind of funny, but shes a bit nuts. definitely more of a comedy, which might not be your thing.)

ER
Set in Chicago, this medical drama deals with the personal and professional crises of the doctors in the emergency room at County General Hospital. From the exciting to the mundane, a day in the frantic hospital serves up many interesting dilemmas as well as heartrending choices for everyone on staff.

(Sure you know about ER. Always wanted to watch it but never have. I think I saw a few episodes back when i was younger but i dont remember them.)

Rise
Inspired by a true story, a working-class community is awakened when its high school theater program takes on an unconventional new leader. As dedicated teacher and family man Lou Mazzuchelli takes over the lagging department, he encourages his students to unleash their creativity and explore new means of self-expression. But even though the students discover talents and ambitions they never knew they had, not everyone in town is thrilled. Upset by challenges brought by change, enraged faculty and skeptical parents contest Mr. Mazzu's galvanizing efforts. But with passionate fervor running through the town's veins, no one can deny a revolution is underway.

(Ive seen bits and pieces and it looks really good. Its only 1 season and I think its like Glee except a lot more mature and serious. It doesnt seem very comedic to me lol. )

Parenthood
The four grown Braverman siblings -- Adam, Sarah, Crosby and Julia -- share the joys, heartaches and headaches of parenthood in their California hometown. As their parents deal with life and marital issues, the four lean on one another while tackling the challenges of modern family life in an updated reimagining of the 1989 film by the same name.

(Another show Ive heard amazing things about. Seems similar to like, this is us, and gilmore girls in parts although far more serious.)

Misfits
Five juvenile offenders with nothing in common find themselves working together on a community service project, and their differing personalities soon cause sparks to fly. But that's nothing compared to what happens when a freak electrical storm hits town. Shortly thereafter, they find that they are developing superpowers. Paranoid Kelly can now hear the thoughts of others, while Simon, who has always been overlooked, can suddenly make himself invisible. Curtis can turn back time, while Alisha finds that anyone who touches her will lust after her. Nathan, to his chagrin, seems to have suffered no aftereffects of the storm. Now, on top of dealing with the realities of teenage life and finishing their service project, they must figure out how to handle their new abilities and find out just what, if anything, they are expected to do with them.

(I love this show but there is a lot of bad language and plots you may not like. But i find it humorous and I love the premise a lot. i love british tv shows and it just has that same sort of feel.)

Grey's Anatomy

The medical drama series focuses on a group of doctors at a hospital in Seattle, including several who began their careers at the facility as interns. One of the doctors and the show's namesake, Meredith Grey, is the daughter of a famous surgeon. She struggles to maintain relationships with her colleagues, particularly the hospital's one-time chief of surgery, Richard Webber, due to a pre-existing relationship between them -- Webber and Meredith's mother had a personal relationship when Meredith was young.

(Im sure you've heard all about greys. The first 3 seasons are phenomenal! Id love to rewatch and I think you would love the series, at least in the beginning lol)
Old 07-01-2018, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ I do like comedies. I've been told by 303030 people to watch B99. I am trying to get it recorded on TBS (since it's not on Netflix) but TBS is doing a horrible job of recording the episodes in order or even every episode for that matter. It's really annoying.

I've heard of GA, Parenthood, ER. Parenthood, I've delayed watching because of my mom... just don't know if I can go so heavy as a result.

Its Always Sunny or the Office... never heard of the first one but of course, heard of Office.

Another great show that I watched half of but never finished (I watched with my mom) is The Middle. Ever watched that one?

Another option is Stranger Things. I feel like I'm missing parts of the episodes when I watch but that's just paranoid me.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well let me know what you think if/when you do start watching. If you really like it then I can get back into it with you in season 2 or whatever. Let me know.

Ahhh that makes sense. I dont really know anything about Parenthood or the storylines there, but thats understandable. GA shouldn't be that bad. But there are some sad storylines there so maybe not the best option for you.

OMG it's always sunny is the best. I think its on Netflix, do you have that? You should definitely check it out, its just a hilarious show. The friends on there are just horrible people but its funny. It used to be on Netflix but i think they took it off recently.

The Middle sounds familiar but I cant recall it, what is it about? Definitely have never seen it, unless its a comedy then I might have seen the first episode. Does it revolve around a family with a blonde woman as the mom?

Stranger Things would be great. I wasn't planning to rewatch that one until late summer though because I thought it would break up the hiatus. However, right now, I feel like Ive just seen all the episodes lol

Stranger Things is fine... Westworld is the show that confuses the heck out of me! lol
Old 07-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Michelle, I don't know how you can add anymore shows to your life with all you do on this board!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 07-02-2018 at 02:05 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread