Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

As far as the Sark/Rachel stuff.... that was cute.... Sark kidnapped Rachel and told her "It's been a while, hasn't it?" "I was hoping we'd meet again."

And I loved seeing Carrie back! Helping APO!

And Sark was almost getting a soft side... didn't want to kill the prisonors

Also.... Sydney telling them all: "I can bring them down" when she was referring to Prophet 5... and Vaughn: "I know. i was just going to say I'll go with you"

And that kiss between the two at Mt. Subiaso.... (sp?)

And Vaughn rapelling down to save her.... "Come on. You're stronger than this. It's okay. Everything's going to be okay"

Okay, I am totally jumping topics here, but the show was just very moving... very artistic... I loved the story Sloane told about Sydney not being able to save everyone and her stuffed animals....

And I liked the flashbacks to show where Sydney had come from, as a child, joining the CIA, etc. Francie

<o> and we got that red ball again

The scene between Sydney and Jack... when he was shot and she had to leave him....very touching.... very traumatic.....such a sad, tearjerker scenes

And another awesome, sad scene was the fight scene between Irina and Sydney.... the stars falling.... them laying among the glasss..... Irina choosing The Horizon over her daughter's hand.... so sad.....

And Jack... "You beat death, Arvin, but you couldn't beat me." Jack killed himself to trap Sloane +

And the ending... Uncle Dixon... and Sydney and Vaughn together...even their kiss on the roof with the last star falling was awesome... the beach scnee.... baby Jack

And Dixon's definition of fun

Thank you for five incredible years
Old 05-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG I agree with everything you just said. Although I have to add it's too bad about Jack and Irina, because I was always secretely hoping those two could work it out. Good to know that Sydney and Vaughn still help out the CIA, wouldn't want them getting bored. And baby Jack was so cute. Thanks for five wonderful years, forever in love with Sydney Bristow!

Lois: (to Clark) Lana's your past, I'm your future.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

I'm still in denial. Jack didn't die, he'll live forever as a ghost and tormet Arvin when convinient, the rest of the time he'll spook bad guys who try to get near Syd and the kids!

Seriously, too much going on and I can't think straight to give a proper final Alias review

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

That was a good ending.

I love that Marshall told Sloane he wouldn't break.

I really liked that they used flashbacks.

I can't believe that Jack died the scene between him and Sydney had me bawling. It's so awesome that Jack trapped Sloane down there Sloane got exactly what he deserved.

I think that it sucks that Irina died too I have loved Irina since the "The Enemy Walks in" I always wanted find out what "Truth takes time" meant I wanted it to be something good for the Spy family like Irina and Jack would get back together so it sucks that 2 members of the Spy Family are died.

Last edited by Hot Like Fire; 05-22-2006 at 10:08 PM
Old 05-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider
I'm still in denial. Jack didn't die, he'll live forever as a ghost and tormet Arvin when convinient, the rest of the time he'll spook bad guys who try to get near Syd and the kids!

Seriously, too much going on and I can't think straight to give a proper final Alias review

Alex
I agree. To be honest, I was actually quite disappointed in the series finale. I think the whole last episode was rushed & the ending was too "chipper." Of course that could be because I'm not a S/V shipper (completely the opposite in fact), so that may have a large part to do with it. I honestly expected so much more for this show's ending than a sappy S/V finale.
Melissa&Joey Emily&Aiden Logan&Veronica Mick&Beth Ross&Rachel
Old 05-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

I need to rewatch it because I am way too distraught right now over Jack's death. It was an honorable way to go but I couldn't help but want Spy Daddy on the beach with them at the end. But it was so Jack to take Arvin down. What a great line "You can beat death, Arvin, but you can't beat me." I got chills. And I literally screamed when Sloane shot him.

The scene between Sydney and Jack was so tragic - I was crying.

Tom's death was sad as well. I liked his character a lot and wish he and Rachel would have went out - it was all so bittersweet. I wish he didn't have to die. I was a big Rachel/Tom fan. I wish they would have hugged after she got resuced. The kiss was cute though. Rachel really grew on me since the beginning of the season and I have always liked Tom.

Loved Marshall telling Sloane off - perfection.

The ending was cute without being overly sappy - I liked it.

Thank goodness Sark didn't die. I don't know if I would have been able to take Sark, Jack, and Tom dying.

The only thing that is bugging, did they ever explain how Vaughn is still alive? Did I miss the explanation?

The Irina/Sydney fight was so good.

Great send-off overrall. I wish Jack and Tom didn't die but oh well.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was perfect...almost as perfect as Charmed last night.

Katie - Vaughn explained the whole drug-simulated-death thing to Dixon last week when they were in the bunker in Hamburg.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

There are some things in this finale that made absolutely no sense to me. Maybe it will make sense when I watch it again, or maybe not...that remains to be seen.

Ok, I can MAYBE come to terms with Jack having to die but what they did with Irina was just so inconsistent with the last five years. It seems like such a shame that they had to ruin her character in the very last moments of the series. Irina is more than just a mindless villian in pursuit of power.

Sark, priceless .
who you will be.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:27 AM
Extreme Fan

I thought it was sad what they did to Irina but nessassary. Irina loved her daughter, but she was first and formost a Rambaldi follwer. Her first concern was Rambaldi, i wish there had been a Jack and Irina scene because they really did have alot of chemistry, but the died at almost the exact same moment which is kind of cool except that Sydney was orphaned.

Do you think Sydney knows how her father died? Because no one was there to see him exploded himself. I hope she realizes that he father took down sloane for her. I really am sad Jack died.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:36 AM
Extreme Fan

I love that Sark became a softy. He has feeling and a heart. lol. And that stupid red ball. GO AWAY. seriously its haunting the Alias cast members. I mean the first few times cool but its starting to be the seasons big bad, which is ammusing. Im still in shock about the finale, i loved it but im really sad.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:46 AM
Absolute Fan

Irina was a manipulator and a user. I never saw her as redeeming herself or truly loving her family. She protected them to get to her end game. Couldn't have her little chosen one dead before the Rambaldi artifacts were found. Anyone can say that 'their love was never a contrivance' to make someone else trust them. Jack always had an inkling that his wife was truly evil, how else could he have pulled the trigger on her clone?
With that said, The character of Irina rocked, LO played her wonderfully but, I for one never warmed up to, trusted or believed in her character. i always thought of her as another Sloane a master deciever who was corrupted by their religion of Rambaldi.
Rob on Edward:""He's intensely lonely. You think you'll never have anything in your life, and not even in your life...for eternity, suddenly you meet this 1 thing that provides everything that you've ever wanted in over 100 years and yet you can feel the time slipping away so quickly, like her lifespan is non-exsistant."
Old 05-23-2006, 06:09 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm still confused...what happened to Peyton? Did they kill her or release her?

If you could slit my throat
And with my one last gasping breath
I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt
Old 05-23-2006, 06:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Massive Dissapointment

After 5 years of plots and subplots, circles within circles, betrayals, secret deals and organizations, role reversals, prophesies and endless talk about faith, we end up with a generic spy movie.

Where was Rambaldi's "Ultimate Prophecy"? Where was his "End Game"?Where was Rambaldi?

Prophet 5, Sloane and Irina have been working on Rambaldi for 30 years, planning and implementing long-term subtle, plots for what?
A bio-weapon?
A cliche spy-villain plot? 1) Use a bioweapon to devestate the world's infrastructure, 2) Use the resources of Prophet 5 to rebuild, with them on top. That's it. 30 years of this stuff (Rambaldi, mysticism, prophesies) for a generic "take over the world plot"?

Sloan sacrificed his country, his wife, his daughter, his friends, his soul for a power play? Imoortality (which never seemed to interest him before). Considering his obsession and his faith, a selfish desire for power and immortality seemd so simple and mindane for a complex character like Sloane.

I was expecting some sort of revelation. A glimpse into human destiny. A resurrection of Rambaldi (what could justify Sloan'e "faith" more than coming face to face with his own God?).

After 5 years I was expecting to leave with some ambiguity. Debating the meaning of events. Instead I was left with dissapointment with only a ahndfl of good points:
Jack's taking out Sloane ("you beat death, but you didn't beat me") and leaving trapped for eternity in solid rock.
Peyton taking out the 12.
Rachel proving herself.
Marshall resisting torture.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

Jack cannot be dead!!! I know....he got blown into that pool of Rimbaldi water and he's just fine now but....can't remember who he is. Yeah...that's it. He'll show up in the movie.

GO MISSOURI TIGERS ! !
Old 05-23-2006, 06:52 AM
New Fan

uugghh!! i hate it! I know I'm missing a lot! S5 hasn't been aired yet here in the Philippines. As I've been reading through the posts, it makes me teary eyed knowing Jack died.

I still can't believe ALIAS is over. I don't want it to end.. (sigh)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread