Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2015, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

Last edited by DylanLovesKelly; 11-24-2015 at 01:58 PM
Old 11-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Some more from Double Date

P: No peeking.
J: Oh, yeah, the idea of seeing you in your birthday suit is really my ideal of a thrill.

J: Wait a second. You want to get naked?
P: Please, this is not for my enjoyment.

J: Let me get this straight. You tried to create some kind of snail menage a trois?
Old 11-24-2015, 02:06 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Just reminding me why I love their quotes, whether it's the banter or romantic.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

I would like to think of it as romantic banter lol
Old 11-24-2015, 02:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
here's another pic. I like how she looks back at him before she goes off

Pop tv is playing Clean and Sober and Castaways tomorrow at 3:00 and 4:00. I like That was Then because even though there is only a little PJ, I like the scenes with Joey and Patrick and Harley which relate to her and Pacey
I like 'That Was Then' when watched in conjunction with the finale. I love the theme of the past and the future. When relating to PJ, I love that when she looks at her past regrets her first thought is of Pacey and that it spurs her to call him at the end to tell him she can see what they 'could be'. They talk about the future a lot in Season 4 and they get that back by the end of season 6. The way she talks about rushing to the end of the Choose Your Adventure book and her decision to go back to Eddie later. Pacey is the end of the book she shouldn't rush too, she needs to make the choices to get there first. Then in the finale the 'I've always known' line makes so much sense.

The Pacey comparisons are so funny:

'And then she'll look at Peter Garran and be smitten with his unavailability and freakish height, and I'll be history. If I keep up with the witty abuse, at least I'll be the funny one. '

'I never could've held onto a firecracker like her. Maybe I need someone who's more settled in her ways. An older woman, if you know what I mean. ' (Joey has become Ms Jacobs, hilarious!)

'Go home and strum your guitar, or whatever it is you do, and then dream up some fantastic gesture to get this girl back. And never think that there is one day when you have to stop doing that sort of thing, because that's the worst thing a guy can do is give up the chase.'

'Because you remind me of somebody I know. Now get out of here before I remember everything that pissed me off about him when I was your age. '
Old 11-24-2015, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
I like 'That Was Then' when watched in conjunction with the finale. I love the theme of the past and the future. When relating to PJ, I love that when she looks at her past regrets her first thought is of Pacey and that it spurs her to call him at the end to tell him she can see what they 'could be'. They talk about the future a lot in Season 4 and they get that back by the end of season 6. The way she talks about rushing to the end of the Choose Your Adventure book and her decision to go back to Eddie later. Pacey is the end of the book she shouldn't rush too, she needs to make the choices to get there first. Then in the finale the 'I've always known' line makes so much sense.
I never thought of it like that.

Just so you guys know, I'm just listing the quotes, but not putting graphics because we're not voting for the entire scenes and you can only have 35 graphics per post. I think there'll be many more quotes.

But if you want graphics, I can see what I can do.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Okay sounds great! Can't wait to see all of the quotes!
Old 11-24-2015, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

thanks Christina

Quote:
thanks. I like that she said in the beginning they agree they both made mistakes. She knew she was not blameless. I noticed at the end she was saying she was glad to get another chance with him. I agree. Her face when hugging Eddie showed her heart was not totally in it. If it was, she wouldn't have had that face. She obviously was not over Pacey, but not ready to go back with him. Even if she did have feelings for Eddie too, it didn't mean she was over Pacey

Quote:
The Pacey comparisons are so funny:

'And then she'll look at Peter Garran and be smitten with his unavailability and freakish height, and I'll be history. If I keep up with the witty abuse, at least I'll be the funny one. '

'I never could've held onto a firecracker like her. Maybe I need someone who's more settled in her ways. An older woman, if you know what I mean. ' (Joey has become Ms Jacobs, hilarious!)

'Go home and strum your guitar, or whatever it is you do, and then dream up some fantastic gesture to get this girl back. And never think that there is one day when you have to stop doing that sort of thing, because that's the worst thing a guy can do is give up the chase.'

'Because you remind me of somebody I know. Now get out of here before I remember everything that pissed me off about him when I was your age.
agree. I haven't seen it in a while, but I remember her telling Harley about her problems with Pacey. I liked the Patrick stuff. It even went back to the PJ history and why Pacey was so mean to Joey in those early season 1 episodes. She was mean to him too, but it was still interesting

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 11-24-2015, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just a reminder that we should continue to vote daily if we want to see Josh win the People's Choice Award for Favorite Premium Cable TV Actor.

The Affair ‏@SHO_TheAffair · Nov 23
VOTE NOW for @VancityJax in the @PeoplesChoice awards! #PCAs People's Choice Awards

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-25-2015, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Okay, I decided to break up this survivor into 2 parts. There are just so many quotes. Part 1 has S1 and S3. I wanted to include everything. It's so hard to decide what to leave out. I cut up some dialogue because some quotes are just too good and important to be grouped together. If there are quotes that you feel should be there and I missed them, just tell me.

I didn't center this because it was harder to read.

Pacey and Joey Favorite Quotes Survivor

*Vote for your least favorite quote[s].
*You may vote only once every round.
*Quote[s] will be eliminated when it has three votes or after a couple of days.
The winner of part 1 will go up against the winner of Part 2 in an ultimate round.

Round 1

1. JOEY: You did it again. You grabbed my ass.
PACEY: Like you even have one.

2. Joey: Pervert
Pacey: Prude

3. DR. RAND: Joey, meet your new lab partner.
JOEY: Him?!
PACEY: Her?! you never told me I was going to be working with a repressed control freak!
JOEY: And you never told me my grade was dependent upon some remedial underachiever!
DR. RAND: Well, wonderful. I see no introductions are necessary.

4. JOEY [to Pacey]: Let me get this straight. You tried to create some kind of snail menage a trois?

5. PACEY: You know, it's amazing. A personality like yours and you still can't get any dates.
JOEY: Even more amazing. A personality like yours and you can.

6. JOEY: Wait a second. You want me to get naked?
PACEY: Please, this is not for my enjoyment.

7. PACEY: No peeking.
JOEY: Oh, yeah, the idea of seeing you in your birthday suit is really my idea of a thrill.

8. JOEY [to Pacey]: You take one more step in this direction and I can almost guarantee you a permanent disability.

9. PACEY: Tell you what, though, don't bet against that Potter girl.

10. JOEY: Of all the people to see me like this; it had to be you.
PACEY: You know, it's a new year. Who knows you and I could become friends.
JOEY: Pacey, I'm upset enough as it is.

11. JOEY[to Pacey]: We're going to keep changing our minds.. and sometimes even our hearts.

12. JOEY [to Pacey]: Then maybe you are one? Come on, I mean I thought you were a loser for years but you never believed me.

13. PACEY: When does a person start believing the general consesus about themselves?
Joey: When it's right.

14. PACEY [to Principal]: Well, coming from a just-minded soul such as yourself, I’m sure your punishment will be nothing but fair, sir.
JOEY: Well thank you, Eddie Haskell.
PACEY: Where is your school spirit Josephine?
JOEY: I think I left it cowering in the bushes.
PACEY: Now that is a gross misconception. I hurled myself upon the flames of responsibility.
JOEY: I hope a deer tick crawled in your ear and laid eggs.

15. JOEY: Permission to come aboard?
Pacey: Permission granted.

16. DANCE INSTRUCTOR: Right. You see what I mean? See the hostility, the way they’re wary with each other. Not to mention the whole bickering and name calling. Now these two clearly are in the early stages of some screwball mating ritual.
PACEY: What?
JOEY: Okay, you got it all wrong lady.
PACEY: Completely!
JOEY: Actually, you could not be more wrong.

17. PACEY [to Dawson about Joey]: Look at her — she’s a freakin’ goddess. How long do you think it’s gonna be before some guy, somewhere, notices that and gets interested in her?

18. PACEY : You want to know something Miss Josephine Potter? I think the world may just surprise you yet. I mean you fall in love, and it doesn’t work out, you think it will never happen, but it does, believe me it does, in the strangest of places. (He looks down).

19. PACEY: Yeah, she is pretty. She is very, very pretty. She’s actually the kind of pretty that gives you butterflies, you know what I mean?
DOUG: Yeah, never lose the butterflies.

20. PACEY: So then what you’re really saying then is given the highly dysfunctional nature of our relationship this is actually how you express concern for me.
JOEY: You’ve got to learn to read between the banter, Pacey.

21. JOEY: Pacey, if I was going to thank you for anything, it would be for being yourself, and, you know, for not caring about what anybody else thinks, and for knowing in your heart what’s right and wrong, and…for being there this year…when I needed you the most.

22.PACEY [to Joey at the wall he bought her]: Oh, I just thought your next endeavor should be bigger and better than your last one. You know, it’s important that you keep growing both as a person and as an artist. I also got you this. [He gives her a gallon of paint.] Now, I know it’s not gonna cover the whole thing, but as the saying goes, “the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

23. JOEY: Pacey, you’re unbelievable. I mean, as soon as I think I have you all figured out, you go and you do something so outrageous—that completely challenges me in a way that no one else would even think of, that … in case I don’t say it enough, thank you.
PACEY It’s about time, Potter.

24.PACEY [to Buzz about Joey]: She’s so beautiful that every time you look at her, your knees tremble, your heart just melts, and you know right then and there, without any reservations that there is order and meaning to the universe.

25. BUZZ She’s a hottie.
PACEY: Oh, yeah

26. JOEY: No, because I’m 16, and in my entire life there’s been 2 people who actually know me, Pacey. Dawson and…
PACEY: This A.J. guy didn’t know you. I don’t care how you felt about him, Jo, he didn’t know you, cause if he did, he never would have walked away.
JOEY: I was going to say you, Pacey.

27.JOEY: It means that… I guess it… It means that I can talk to you, and that you’re there for me…
PACEY: Don’t you ever get tired of talking?
JOEY: No. I don’t…
PACEY: Well I get tired of talking…
JOEY: I don’t get tired. I don’t…
PACEY: I don’t want to talk anymore.
JOEY: What are you trying to say? Why are we standing
[KISS]

28.JOEY: Pacey, get your butt away from me.
PACEY: My butt wants nothing to do with your butt, okay?

29.PACEY: You know for a bright girl, you can be really daft sometimes, why do you think I came here? I came here to be with you! It's as simple as that. When you like somebody, proximity is a good thing, regardless of how they feel about you... or don't as the case may be.

. JOEY: I felt it.
PACEY: What?
JOEY: This morning. Your arm brushed up against me in bed, and… And I felt it.
PACEY: How did it feel?
JOEY: Made me feel alive.

31.PACEY: Ok. Joey, I’m going to kiss you now.
JOEY: You can’t.
PACEY: Jo, you can’t say something like that to me and expect me not to kiss you, so that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. I’m gonna kiss you in about 10 seconds. And if you don’t want me to kiss you… Well, if you don’t want me to, I guess then you’re just gonna have to stop me. 10.

32. PACEY [to Joey]: It’s tearing me up on the inside to have these feelings for you, but I can’t get rid of them.

33. JOEY: This isn’t exactly the easiest thing I’ve ever had to do, Pacey. Telling Dawson that while he wasn’t looking, I developed this bizarre, gravitational pull towards his best friend and I can’t stop thinking about him or wanting to be near him or wanting to kiss him all the time.

34. JOEY: I need him. [telling Dawson about Pacey.]

35. PACEY [to Joey talking about her braclet while dancing at Anti-Prom]: See this? This is you. It’s not showy or gaudy. It’s simple. Elegant. Beautiful.

36. PACEY [to Joey while dancing]: I remember everything.

37JOEY: Look, I don’t want to stop you Pacey. I don’t want to stop Dawson. And I don’t want to be stopped. Not by either of you. Not by anyone. That’s what this whole year has been about. We’ve been trying to stop each other from moving on and growing up, but not you. I mean, you’re different. And you’ve challenged me every step of the way. And you’ve been there every step of the way.

38. JOEY: I think I’m in love with you.
PACEY: You think, or you know?
JOEY: I know. I’ve known it since the moment you kissed me, and maybe even before that. And as scary as it is, I don’t want to deny it anymore Pacey. I don’t want to run from it, and I don’t want to let it run from me.

39. JOEY: I want to come with you.
PACEY: What? Are you crazy?
JOEY: Nope. I want to stop standing still and move forward. I wanna come with you.
PACEY: What about Bessie and the B&B? They need you.
JOEY: Not as much as I need you.

'

Last edited by JJH85; 11-25-2015 at 11:01 PM
Old 11-25-2015, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

This is going to be hard. I'm going to go with 9.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

thanks Christina

I am going to choose 11

found this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogMHH4PpIN8

Last edited by hshapir2; 11-25-2015 at 08:52 PM
Old 11-25-2015, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Loving the Quotes and I love #2, so I'm glad that one made it in there.

Can I suggest a small addition to the 4th quote? I think it is so much better with Pacey's response.

JOEY [to Pacey]: Let me get this straight. You tried to create some kind of snail menage a trois?
PACEY: Well it sounds pretty stupid when you say it out loud.

I laugh every time I see that seen, Pacey/Josh delivers that line so beautifully.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-26-2015, 12:19 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Oh man, this is going to be IMPOSSIBLE. I guess for now I will go with 9. This is going to be brutal when it comes to S3.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

Does anyone notice how Castaways in the opposite of Modern Romance? The dialogue is similar and different

Closed Thread   Post New Thread