Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I actually love PJ a little more in S6 than S4 because I felt Dawson wasn't between them anymore. The only episode I hated was Love Bites for obvious reasons. They still had a lot of insecurities as a couple and individually, but they had a lot of lighthearted moments in S6. I can watch Castaways over and over again.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 11-25-2015 at 02:17 PM
Old 11-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I love Pacey/Joey in general but my favorite moments with them is S3 P/J. I just love me some angst and tension as well. I also loved them in S4 cause of the talks, lines, and speeches they gave to the other showing how mature and evolutionary their relationship was, especially when it was a first for both of them. They were taking the big leap together.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiSy TiFF (View Post)
I hated how they ruined Andie as well. I really liked her with pacey also.

Also agree that early p/j was better. I'm watching the second half of the sixth season right now and I'm not a big fan of how p/j are being portrayed so far.

However d/j will always be the worst in my opinion.
They made a lot of weird decisions with Pacey in season 6 but I felt they did Joey dirty in Love Bites. Eddie was just a writers tool and nothing more. Conveniently disappears for sweeps and returns to keep the fan favourite lovers apart again. I think the major issue with P/J in season 6 is that they didn't 'get back together', Joey led him to believe they were while keeping her options free by being non-committal. If Dawson were in Eddie's place, maybe we'd care and there would be drama but its Eddie, its just annoying and frustrating for the sake of it. But then these are the writers who thought the final episode of the show should:

-Have Jen make her exit early
-Have Pacey's ending be getting re-cast Kristy's number!
-Have the entire triangle come to nothing when Joey opts out for Paris
-Have Joey ditch her life long friends as a relic of a 'past chapter' of her life
-Have the culmination of Pacey and Dawson's lost friendship be merely the hope of reconciliation at some point we'd never see.

Had they not done 'All Good Things...' I would have been seriously angry at their incompetence.

Season 6 has the wonderful conclusion of the Drunk Joey trilogy though. Which is amazing.

Season 1, Boyfriend
Season 4, Future Tense
Season 6, Clean and Sober

I love how those three intersect. S1 Pacey and Joey have to get Joey into the Potter house without waking the baby, Joey drunken kisses Dawson. S4 Pacey has to get Joey into the Potter House without waking the guests and ends up carrying her. S4, Pacey carries Joey to sleep it off and Joey drunken kisses him 'Your turn'. Its so cute.

Last edited by AsgardianJane; 11-25-2015 at 03:24 PM
Old 11-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
I love couples that make individuals better people, but it was different with Pacey and Joey. What I love about them is they didn't want each other to change, but they grew together too.

Joey was Dawson's muse. He had this ideal notion of who she was, who he wanted her to be. His image of her never changed.

Yes, it was annoying sometimes that Pacey and Joey kept fighting about Dawson, but the way I see it is that Joey had trouble letting go of Dawson, not because she was still in love with him, but because he represented her uncomplicated childhood, an eternal innocence like she said in the finale. Like they even said Dawson and Joey were each other's security blankets when their lives became too rough.

The whole show turned out to be about growing up.
I know that PJo had their arguments about Dawson, but they never reached the all out yelling matches that DJo's fights did. When Dawson and Joey fought, they yelled at each other a lot whereas Pacey and Joey seemed to respect each other enough not to get to that stage. (Promicide excluded of course, but that was just a plot point anyway).

I think it was more to do with the fact that Joey felt Dawson was like family and it's hard to give up your family for anyone. Joey mentioned that they (The Leery's, Dawson included) were family when she didn't have one and that can leave a huge impression on someone. I really think that once Joey had gotten together with Dawson, it never felt right for her which is why it never worked for them.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-26-2015, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I know that PJo had their arguments about Dawson, but they never reached the all out yelling matches that DJo's fights did. When Dawson and Joey fought, they yelled at each other a lot whereas Pacey and Joey seemed to respect each other enough not to get to that stage. (Promicide excluded of course, but that was just a plot point anyway).

I think it was more to do with the fact that Joey felt Dawson was like family and it's hard to give up your family for anyone. Joey mentioned that they (The Leery's, Dawson included) were family when she didn't have one and that can leave a huge impression on someone. I really think that once Joey had gotten together with Dawson, it never felt right for her which is why it never worked for them.
they fought about the same things over and over and things would always circle between them, they never resolved anything when they fought and I don't know how she is making him better. Thats what I view everytime I rewatch them. its boring. I feel like I'm saying the same things over and I'm supposed to believe they got married and worked everything out. Yes DJ fought, but I would rather watch them over PJ. I thought their fights were vicious. They were never happy together and he regresses so much when he's with her. It's not the same. DJ had the bad writing, that's why they seemed so back and forthy. DJ was always there for each other, I never saw that with PJ. IF my bf did that at prom, I would never want to see him again. I'd be like go away.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:

Exactly. Joey will always love Dawson as family but I don't think she was in love with him by the middle of S3. Joey even corrected Pacey when he commented how shefees about Dawson and she said felt about Dawson. Past tense.

pandiexjeyton, all we can do is agree to disagree.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess we're going to have to.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think there are some valid points to each pairing and if it weren't a show and I knew they threw that Pacey outburst in there just to change things up a bit, then I might not forgive either. However, that damn Josh bias keeps kicking in

Old 12-05-2015, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just going to say this and I'm done: Everytime I rewatch PJ, they get more and more boring fighting in circles never resolving anything when they fought before the credits roll and how she makes him better I will never know. That's not what I view everytime I rewatch them. Also the lying and her jealousy of who dawson sees. They have some of the most vicious fighting I've seen on a show. I could never tell their love because of their constant fighting every freaking episode.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

I go for the PJ pairing because they complemented each other so well. In my opinión, season 3 showed a real love story between them, Joey fell in love with Pacey and that took her by surprise, she wanted to deny it to herself but she couldn't. She really loved the guy she always thought she hated. That was awesome to watch. On the other hand, I think she had an obsession with Dawson but it wasn't love, it was a selfish feeling like Dawson was her property, DJ couldn't grow up together, they never worked out as a couple, they always discussed about the same topics like dumbs. So boring to watch. PJ was amazing, what happened after season 4 was just bad writing.

Nadia
Avi Credit: Beth
Old 12-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I love seeing different viewpoints.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen4ever (View Post)
I go for the PJ pairing because they complemented each other so well. In my opinión, season 3 showed a real love story between them, Joey fell in love with Pacey and that took her by surprise, she wanted to deny it to herself but she couldn't. She really loved the guy she always thought she hated. That was awesome to watch. On the other hand, I think she had an obsession with Dawson but it wasn't love, it was a selfish feeling like Dawson was her property, DJ couldn't grow up together, they never worked out as a couple, they always discussed about the same topics like dumbs. So boring to watch. PJ was amazing, what happened after season 4 was just bad writing.
I'm not really sure how they complemented each other. their fights were boring too! They never resolved anything when they fought before the credits would roll everytime I rewatch them. Every freaking episode same things over and over. I acttually felt Pacey regressed a lot with her.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 12-07-2015 at 07:53 AM
Old 12-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always felt that Dawson and Joey's fights were more heated than Pacey and Joey's. PJo had their fights, but they didn't scream at each other like DJo did. As far as Joey being obsessed with Dawson and feeling like he was her property, I think it worked both ways and they each felt they had this unspoken hold on each other. No wonder Pacey was always insecure about Dawson. You can't deny the bond between Dawson and Joey, they were a big part of each other's lives just like family.

Last edited by JJH85; 12-08-2015 at 09:49 PM
Old 12-09-2015, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I always felt that Dawson and Joey's fights were more heated than Pacey and Joey's. PJo had their fights, but they didn't scream at each other like DJo did. As far as Joey being obsessed with Dawson and feeling like he was her property, I think it worked both ways and they each felt they had this unspoken hold on each other. No wonder Pacey was always insecure about Dawson. You can't deny the bond between Dawson and Joey, they were a big part of each other's lives just like family.
I thought PJs were vicious. They never resolved anything all season long. its boring to rewatch over and over. DJ always had the bad writing, they were never given a fair chance to be together, but I'd rather watch them over PJ. Joey is always going to be jealous of who Dawsons with and she's always going to love Dawson no matter who they're with. Thats what the whole show shows me and I don't know how Joey complements Pacey, if anyone I would say Andie and even Audrey were better. He was more himself with them.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
I agree. there's nothing more to say.