Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2020, 07:26 PM
New Fan

Dude, I have wanted to do this for years, but I just don't have the skills.

Any chance you could hook a brother up with access?
Old 07-01-2020, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that info. It sounds like it was a lot of work.

I just wanted to let you know that we do have a Thread already where we discuss original music, so this would be best suited in that Thread. We will likely move it there just so we don't have two current Threads talking about original music.

Thanks for your dedication to this amazing show.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 07-02-2020, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

wow that’s a lot of hard work/dedication

bravo
Old 07-12-2020, 01:03 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic (View Post)
How can you say this and leave us hanging! Hello, yet another user registered to keep this seemingly long tradition alive lol I understand how the configuration of the forum makes it difficult to share the files perpetually, but you'd think there'd be some way... I've tried a bunch of public trackers, the usual streaming sites, even a p2p program, and I haven't been able to find seasons 3 to 6 with the original music yet. Anyone wants to go forward and make this more available?
PM me
Old 07-12-2020, 01:04 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice14 (View Post)

So, I need your help. I want this to exist out there on the internet, and be as available as possible. If you think you can help me do that, please PM me or reach out to me on Instagram at @creekfan3. Please note that I am NOT selling this and I don't want it to be sold, this is a free product created by a fan, for the fans. Thank you!
Send me a PM. I might be able to help you figure this out.

Last edited by nds123; 07-12-2020 at 03:31 PM
Old 07-13-2020, 11:38 AM
New Fan

Didn't realize this thread kinda blew up

Hey guys, sorry about all this, kinda posted this then forgot. If you want the files, please message me on instagram @creekfan3, that's the best way to get in touch with me!
Old 07-13-2020, 11:41 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds123 (View Post)
Send me a PM. I might be able to help you figure this out.
I'd love to but...how can I do that? I can't find any sort of PM on this site. Reach out to me on Instagram!
Old 07-13-2020, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'd love to but...how can I do that? I can't find any sort of PM on this site. Reach out to me on Instagram!
if you click on the username (ie: rice14) then it gives you the option of sending a PM. To check your PMs then you go to the far upper right hand side of the page and you will see a Burgundy coloured box that says Hello, rice14 - you can check your messages that way, but you can also send messages through there as well.

It is possible that you don't have PM yet as you may need to reach 100 Posts first to enable it and I see you currently only have 3.

I hope this helps.

Old 08-12-2020, 12:29 AM
New Fan

Quote:

I'm extremely proud to announce the completion of my quarantine project - Dawson's Creek: True Love Edition. This is a fanmade release of the full series with all the original music, and all the widescreen episodes possible.
@rice14 This is simply the most amazing thing! Thanks so so much for your efforts and dedication to make the definitive version this show deserves. I have details on and a solution for the five episodes with source corruption issues too. I've messaged you on Instagram.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
Old 08-21-2020, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Cool.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 09-14-2020, 07:49 PM
New Fan

This is amazing! I've been looking for this series with the original music for so long. Please keep us up-to-date with how things progress and where we can download it. Seriously, this is very generous of you and thank you!

Quote:

I'm extremely proud to announce the completion of my quarantine project - Dawson's Creek: True Love Edition. This is a fanmade release of the full series with all the original music, and all the widescreen episodes possible.

You may or may not have been aware of European broadcast recordings of the show floating around the internet, brought to this forum's attention by the user rtrompert. It's great those exist, but the video quality was really lacking, and the audio was a bit compressed as well. What I did was take that source material, and splice in each song change with the original audio track from the DVD release, meticulously synchronizing both tracks. I then remuxed the resulting audio with the DVD video, resulting in a perfectly untouched video stream, and the original music.

Not only that, I included the broadcast widescreen episodes from Seasons 4-6, as well as direct DVD rips of a European Widescreen DVD release titled "Best of Seasons 1 & 2" To get a bit technical, I also corrected for what's known as the "PAL Speedup", meaning they took a 24fps video and sped it up to play on their video standard at 25fps, resulting in a faster runtime and slightly higher pitched voiced. They also stretched out the opening titles sequence, making it look distorted to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio. This was all fixed in my release.

In addition, this release provides the most comprehensive version of the series finale that currently exists, with all the deleted scenes + widescreen video where possible.

Dawson's Creek True Love Edition is available in both Digital and DVD versions. I have a folder full of video files, and a folder full of .iso's ready to burn. Why did I go through all this trouble? I love the show, and I can't bear the thought of the original broadcast music being lost to time. I even made custom DVD menus, Disc Labels & DVD Case Jackets.

So, I need your help. I want this to exist out there on the internet, and be as available as possible. If you think you can help me do that, please PM me or reach out to me on Instagram at @creekfan3. Please note that I am NOT selling this and I don't want it to be sold, this is a free product created by a fan, for the fans. Thank you!
Old 10-19-2020, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

'Dawson's Creek' Heads To Netflix But It's Missing One Important Thing

‘Dawson’s Creek’ Heads To Netflix But It’s Missing One Important Thing | Dawson's Creek, Netflix : Just Jared

Quote:
Netflix made sure to mention that the episodes will not feature the iconic theme song “I Don’t Want to Wait” by Paula Cole.

Instead, it’ll probably open with “Run Like Mad” by Jann Arden as it does on other streaming platforms. This is the same song that’s featured on the DVD release.

“Everyone keeps asking me, ‘Why won’t you let them have the song?’” Paula reflected on why her song isn’t used any longer for the series in a 2018 essay. “Of course I would consider it! I’m right here! Come talk to me, Sony. Let’s negotiate!”

She added, “I’m an independent artist open for business! But I won’t give my music for free and I don’t think any artist should give their music for free unless it’s helping out another independent artist ― and then you renegotiate once the project is successful. I think giving one’s art for free to giant corporations hurts artists and musicians and society across the board.”

Old 10-19-2020, 10:12 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Their cheap asses should just negotiate with her then. Doesn't sound like she is being difficult or petty about it, so it falls on them.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I found that comment interesting.

Old 11-15-2020, 08:03 PM
New Fan

I'd love to see this so much soooo much!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread