View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 04:58 PM
Lucifan422
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_d86 (View Post)
Amenadiel asking people at Lux about their fathers was frickin' hilarious.
Him helping the kid and the conclusion of that was epicly moving. I really felt for him.

Eve and Lucifer finally breaking up was hard to watch cos, as much as they were enabling each other to further and further indulgences, they did sort of.make each other happy. Just not in a healthy way.

Lucifer finally realising that he doesn't like that both Eve and Chloe saw him in a different light was a breakthrough and I think Tom Ellis acted it perfectly. Eve wanted him to go back to how he was and sees him wholely as the Devil. Chloe wants him to go forward and sees him as a good man. Lucifer doesn't see himself as either and doesn't like it.
Lucifer only barely realizes how much he's changed. He thinks Chloë's version of him is a lie, as he still thinks his core is a monstrous one. Throughout he says, "my true self", as if the good in him is fake, he got pretty close in season 3 to thinking maybe he did change but the return of his devil face only confirmed to him he would always be a monster. Finally he realizes that he has changed, but thinks it's so small compared to how Chloë sees him he still can't be with her.

I hope in the next season he will see while in Hell just how much he has changed. Since the Hell is one in which you remain "until you think you don't deserve to be punished anymore" (his own words), I am hoping that will lead him out and be able to realize he does deserve to be happy with Chloë.

The entire "break up" conversation at the beginning hinges on his belief in himself as a monster - that that is "who he is". He sees no good or very little good in himself, and that's been ground into him for who knows how long. But I think his return to Hell will lead him to reject it for good.
Lucifan422 is offline   Reply With Quote