View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 06:09 PM
shinebrighterxx
Graphics Team Manager

Very weird wear one of those face masks too

I have a drink bottle, but I can't do my job & carry it around with me. Its usually somewhere in the yard or room. But sometimes because I need to help the children go inside I might leave it outside (or visa versa) since there just isn't the hands to hold a child & a drink bottle at the time. Or I'll be stuck sitting with a child & unable to move without upsetting them so it makes it hard to go drink the water as much as I should. But I'm usually better than I have been lately

I'm trying to do my coursework right now but I can't without getting annoyed at it. The unit is about child abuse & it comes with a warning at the start that it may affect some people since its a sensitive subject. But its affecting me in a completely different way as I just want to pick a fight with it. First it implied that females are the victims while males are the perpetrators of abuse/domestic violence, & now I've just read that people who identify as LGBT as teens/adults were more likely subjected to abuse as children. While it is just listing a study in that case, & before it said it was only listing some possible indicators of abuse, its being stereotypical. To me its also implying that abuse turns people gay or encourages people to explore their sexuality/gender identity. I'm sure that's not what it meant, but its the way it reads to me. ETA: I looked up the study & while I didn't read the whole thing it isn't what the study was about, but still the coursework reads poorly since it seems to imply it. The study actually looked at how identifying as LGBT put you at risk of abuse

Chelle » join GTmy art