View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 07:15 AM
IsadoraH
Passionate Fan

Testimonial ~why I dig the Shamy

When I was still watching show's third season on TV, I noticed that in the US, season five was already on. So I started watching random clips from season five on the internet and I saw this one girl almost everywhere.
“Who is she?”, I thought. She was Amy Farrah Fowler. To be honest I wasn't pleased when I saw her. I didn't like they were adding more female characters to the show, maybe because I didn't want relationships to Sheldon. I was afraid someone was going to change Sheldon from what makes him so special. And because I felt I was Sheldon, the idea of him being with someone was ridiculous and might ruin this whole show from me.
Anyway, my love for Amy grew as well as my love for this couple, and I realized Sheldon and Amy were perfect match. One night I was watching one of the season four's episodes on TV, there the word “Shamy” was “Aldon” in the subtitles. It made me furious. “It's Shamy, you idiot”, I think I yelled. I really cared, I realized that.

To most important thing to me about this couple is, that Amy isn't changing heheldon, [or vice verse.] He's still Sheldon and always will be. It's not changing what happens in Sheldon, it's growing. He can be himself around Amy, and he knows she understands him. He can let go a little. As well as Amy is growing with Sheldon, too. I need to admit, I'm very glad she's not exactly the same than in her first episodes.
Their relationship is very special, and to me it really tells what the relationship truly means. It's full of sacrifices, that in the end you're glad you did them for your love. And this couple is very different comparing to the other TV couples people normally see on TV, but yet I think Shamy is one of the most truthful couples I have ever seen, which I absolutely love.
I know both Sheldon and Amy feel very comfortable around each other, so it makes me happy. Those two special and extraordinary individuals together truly are Pasadena's power couple.