View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 02:29 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnFire (View Post)

Quote:
However I do hope that MB is the one who tells Bay the truth about Ty. Either way, I think that there will be an impact on their friendship regarding the fact that MB is holding back the truth, but if she eventually tells Bay the truth, hopefully it will mitigate that. Also, MB is the character with ties to both Bay and Ty, so hopefully she'll play an important role in the truth coming out.
In this case, I hope that Emmett has nothing to do with it, since he was never involved in this storyline. There was some overlap with him and the Bay/Noah storyline, so that was understandable, but not in this case.
I agree with this. To have Emmett be the one to tell Bay would honestly be pretty contrived or at the very least, shoehorning him into the plot that he has no true involvement with.
It wouldn't feel contrived to me, nor would it feel as though the writers are shoehorning him into the plot.

I watched the season finale again today, and I paid close attention to Mary Beth when she promised Ty she would not tell. I am not sure that she can break that promise. I could see it in Mary Beth's eyes that keeping her word means something to her. She lives by the same code as her brother. That's why Mary Beth could not understand Bay asking Ty not to deploy.

But Mary Beth will have to spill the truth to someone, because she is human. Travis will be the obvious, safest choice for her to share this burden. And Travis is living with Emmett.

Someone NEEDS to tell Bay. Whether it is Mary Beth, Travis, or Emmett, someone needs to tell Bay the truth. It makes sense to me that it would be Emmett, because Emmett really does care about Bay and her happiness. Emmett would want Bay to know the truth, and Emmett did not make any promises to Ty. He would not be breaking his word, like Mary Beth.

Quote:
I also want MB to be involved because it gives Ty a plot outside of Bay and gives more background to his character. And like you said, MB has ties to both Bay and Ty. Emmett doesn't have any ties with Ty anymore.
I see it differently. Emmett grew up with Ty. He was Daphne's best friend, and Ty was like Daphne's big brother. Emmett and Ty know each other well.

There are lots of options for Ty to have a plot outside of Bay, though. Daphne, Regina, and Emmett all knew Ty before Bay ever came into the picture. Ty could interact more with all of them.

I am surprised Ty didn't interact more with Daphne in Season 2B. It would have been nice to see.