Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Monsters Inc. #3: Bigfoot. Loch Ness. Abominable Snowman. They all have 1 thing in common, Banishment! We could be next!

Monsters, Inc. Appreciation #3

Banner made by my beating heart

Monsters, Inc. is the largest scare factory in the monster world and the top kid Scarer is James "Sully" Sullivan, a huge intimidating monster with blue fur, large purple spots and horns. His Scare Assistant, best friend and roommate is Mike Wazowski, a lime green, opinionated, fiesty, one-eyed monster. Scaring children isn't such an easy job--monsters believe children are toxic and that direct contact with them would be catastrophic. Inside the factory can also be found the factory's crab-like CEO, the beguiling serpent-haired receptionist Celia and the sarcastic chameleon monster, Randall Boggs, who schemes to replace Sully as Monsters, Inc.'s top Scarer. Visiting from the human world is Boo, a tiny girl who turns the monster world upside-down.

OP Under Construction

Previous Threads;
001, 002, 003

Last edited by livstevi21; 07-26-2017 at 02:17 AM
Old 01-23-2013, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

TFTNT! Love that title.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the trailer...
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 02-13-2013, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

New trailer! Don't think it's going to live up to the original at all...but it still looks like a fun movie.

I love this!
Monsters University
Old 02-13-2013, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The first is usually always the best, but I'm still going to watch this one. I think it'll be great.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 02-14-2013, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread and posting the trailer and video!

I wasn't sure about this film. I still am unsure because I love the Sully and Boo relationship. What I've seen so far looks pretty good though.

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 02-14-2013 at 02:26 AM
Old 02-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

You know, Pixar have always said they would only ever do sequels to their movies if they could come up with stories that were just as good as or even better than the original, so I still hope this rings true. It worked with the two Toy Story sequels extremely well because you could see so much more potential for more stories after the first one. It was like they just had to show Andy growing up and the toys dealing with that.

With Monster's Inc. the ending always left me feeling we should get to see Sulley and Boo again (as I'm sure everyone else feels that way ). So it's interesting they they went in the prequel direction instead. One good story point going for it at the moment is how Sulley and Mike meet and become friends. But that's the only thing that seems to add anything to the original movie for me at the moment. No doubt it looks fun, but whether it will be as great as the Toy Story sequels remains to be seen. The fact that it has taken 12 years for a sequel is either a really good sign (like the gap between Toy Story 2 and 3) or a really bad sign.

I just hope they keep the sequels to their movies to an absolute minimum. For example, no Finding Nemo 2 please. That movie doesn't need one. It's perfect as it is. Same goes for Ratatouille, Wall-E and Up. I'd love to see a sequel to The Incredibles though.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi Liv. I'm Mel.

I cannot believe they went the prequel way here. I'm sad that means we probably don't get boo in this one. I'm really hoping they don't damage this movie like they damaged Cars 2. For me that movie didn't hold true to its first installment. It was wayyy too violent and totally different in every sense to me.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Hi Mel Welcome to

For me, the original Cars movie was weak anyway, so I was never going to anticipate a good or better sequel. I don't think Monster's University is going to be that weak, or that bad, but I also don't think it's going to quite touch us the way the original has. We'll see.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

thanks. i'm hoping it will have that sentimenta/touchingl feel to it like the first one.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Cant wait to see how it all started!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 06-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 06-14-2013, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Cute video.

I watched Monster's Inc last week, I always cry at that part when Sulley has to say goodbye to Boo. Boo is just so cute.

Last edited by livstevi21; 06-21-2013 at 08:56 AM
Old 06-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Addicted Fan

The new movie is really cute