Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Cinderella #3: "So this is love. So this is what makes life divine. I'm all aglow... and now I know" ~ Cinderella

Welcome to the Cinderella appreciation thread!

Film Summary

The beautiful, only daughter of a wealthy widower, Cinderella is loved by her father and scorned by her stepmother and stepsisters. When her father dies, Cinderella is made to serve her step family but she does so with optimism and kindness. She makes friends with all the animals in her home (save her stepmother's troublesome cat, 'Lucifer') and dreams of a better life. Meanwhile, the king at the royal palace dreams of a better life for his son; specifically a life including a wife and children. He plans a royal ball where every eligible lady in the land is invited. When they get the invitation to the ball, Cinderella asks her stepmother for permission to go, and she's initially allowed but in the end, her stepsisters rip her dress to shreds and she's left behind. Devastated, she runs outside and is surprised to meet her fairy godmother; the older woman grants her wish to go to the ball by transforming a pumpkin, some of her mice friends, and her tattered dress into a coach, horses, and a beautiful ball gown, respectively. The only rule she is given is that she must return from the ball at midnight, since that's when the spell will wear off.

At the ball, Cinderella and the Prince lock eyes and it's love at first sight. They dance the night away but she runs off when the clock strikes midnight. In her haste, she leaves behind one of her glass slippers and the King commands his royal Duke to find the girl who fits the glass slipper. The wicked stepmother figures out that Cinderella was indeed at the ball and locks her in her room just as the Duke arrives, ready to try the slipper on the foot of her daughters. Cinderella's animal friends come to the rescue and she rushes down to try on the slipper. The stepmother slyly breaks the glass slipper but Cinderella has kept the other half of the pair, proving without a doubt she was the young woman who was at the ball. And with that, she marries her Prince Charming, her heart's wish finally coming true.

"No matter how your heart is grieving. If you keep on believing. The dream that you wish will come true."

"The prince, sire, swears he'll marry none but the girl who fits this slipper!"

Film History

Cinderella is a 1950 American animated film produced by Walt Disney and based on the fairy tale "Cendrillon" by Charles Perrault. Twelfth in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series, the film had a limited release by RKO Radio Pictures. This was the first full-bodied feature produced by the studio since Bambi in 1942. Live action references were used to keep animation costs down (roughly 90% of the film was done in live action, using basic sets as references for both actors and animators.)

The film had several deleted scenes including an opening scene where the Prince was apparently hunting a deer only to be shown they were playing a game, an ending scene where the Prince is surprised to see Cinderella is a mere servant girl but still accepts and wants to marry her (this scene would be incorporated into the video game, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep), and a small scene after the ball where an amused Cinderella overhears her stepsisters complaining about the "mystery woman" who danced with the Prince. Walt Disney didn't have a huge hit movie since 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'. At a cost of nearly $3 million, Disney insiders believed if 'Cinderella' failed at the box office, the Disney studio would have shut down. The film was a huge box office success and allowed Disney to carry on producing films throughout the 1950s. The film was nominated for 3 Academy Awards: Best Sound, Original Music Score, and Best Song (for "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo".)

"Just leave it to me, what a gown this will be! Bibbidi bobbidi, bibbidi bobbidi, bibbidi bobbidi boo!"

OP made by Veiled Vesta

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 07-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for the new thread, wifey! OP is beautiful.

- Katie
Old 07-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the new thread, I like the title.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

No worries and thank you. It's such a beautiful song.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

Very beautiful song! Cinderella is the perfect film.

- Katie
Old 07-23-2012, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

With the perfect Prince, Princess & villains.

Can we take a moment to appreciate the epicness of the evil stepsisters & the stepmother?

Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

They were pretty awesome, despite their evil ways.

- Katie
Old 07-24-2012, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

They were the best evil family members ever.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:55 AM
Elite Fan

They really were. All three made a great evil addition to the family.

- Katie
Old 07-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

http://youtu.be/_TKBHJeEljU

Old 07-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

Stunning song! I love it so much. It's a great singalong if you can keep up.

- Katie
Old 07-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Great song, this is the song I think of the most when I think of this movie.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:34 AM
Elite Fan

It's such a magical song. I love how the Faerie Godmother changes so much.

- Katie
Old 07-26-2012, 03:39 AM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT
Old 07-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

No worries

I love that song. Makes me wanna dance.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread