Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I got it. =/ So sorry, hun.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Hi girls. I did the rounds earlier today, and forgot to come in here... sorry. Life's been really busy & challenging lately. Struggling with my thesis, basically getting nothing done. Last week my aunt suffered a heart attack and is currently admitted to a hospital a couple hours away. She's okay and getting better, but it was a close call. Turned 31 on Thursday, but wasn't in a particularly celebratory mood, so just had dinner with dad & spent time at my cousin's house afterwards. Calm, quiet and nice. Just the ticket. Hope you're all doing well. Sharon, feel better soon. Hugs all around
Old 03-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So sorry to hear about your aunt, Jor, but glad she's recovering. And about your thesis, too. Hopefully that eases up soon. Miss you, always!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope life turns around soon, Jor. I'll be thinking about your aunt and hoping that she continues to get better. And that writing your thesis gets easier!

meg | tumblr
Old 03-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So, Greek ended tonight and I've been a weepy mess. Man, I loved that show. =/
Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
LOL, seriously, Meg. I swear, I got the most crap about being an English major from people who have never even stepped foot on a college campus. Oh, thank you, expert. Pffft.
I know, right?! Someone I work with is a history major, and she says that a lot of the questions she gets are not as nice as, "What can you do with a history major?" which is what I asked her the first time I met her. Also, someone at work says that English is a pointless major-although she did go to college. If you think it's a pointless major, fine, but please don't say it to my face. It's not going to change anything, and I don't like hearing it.

Quote:
I would like to wish them luck on getting into college.
Yeah, she's smart (I think), but she needs to grow up.

I hope your aunt gets better, Jor! And that writing your thesis isn't so hard.

Anyone here watch Glee?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The way I see it is, it's hard to find a job no matter what you major in. At least it is right now. I have had moments where I feel like maybe I should have focused on something I didn't love, but like my mom sad, had I majored in something I hated, I might not have even made it to the end and got my degree.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My sophomore year in college opinion is similar to yours Linds. I don't think it matters so much about what you major in, but it's what you make of it and do with it. When I see someone successful (usually it's on tv), sometimes I'll look them up to see what they majored in (so I can try to emulate their path, lol) and it's the last thing I would ever think. For instance, I'm pretty sure that Rachel Zoe majored in sociology or something and now she's a stylist - like, what? I think it's more the fact that you have a degree to your name then what it actually says on the diploma. If you truly want to do something, it will happen if you work hard for it.

At least this is what I keep telling myself. I'm a Communication major.

meg | tumblr
Old 03-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL, indeed. I was a Communications major before I switched to English. But yeah, I totally agree. Not to mention, all of the jobs that I've applied with for the state just require a degree, not one in any particular major. The degree, in general, matters most.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks, girls Ah, degrees & education. What a pain!!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hear that, Jor.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Jor. I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. Good thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
So, Greek ended tonight and I've been a weepy mess. Man, I loved that show. =/
Aw., so sad. I remember weeping at Dawson's Creek. I still can't watch it to this day without getting a little choked up.

Quote:
Anyone here watch Glee?
Yep, and I'm not liking the direction the show is going in. I hate when shows(writers) need to destroy characters and their growth in a lame attempt at making other characters/ships look golden. It's so weak. Don't even get me started on Brittana. I would've had no issue with them at all if it wasn't used as a big joke from the start, now suddenly it's ~real. I can't even. My love for the show is waning big time.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watch Glee too. And I love it. I've actually kinda/mostly stopped discussing it online though because I noticed that it started diminishing my love for the show and started making me analyze things and be extremely picky about it. So so I just watch, laugh at funny things, listen to great songs, try not to get caught up in relationships and characters because it's high school, and trust the writers. Love it though. I'm going to see them in concert again in June.

meg | tumblr
Old 03-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched most of S1 but haven't seen nearly any of S2 of Glee. It's a pretty fun show, but nothing I feel super compelled to keep up with.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Speaking of tv shows, Teen Mom 2 has been breaking my heart and frustrating me to no end this season. I feel like I cry every week at Leah and Corey. And I scream every week watching Jenelle. I'd also like to kick Adam (Chelsea's boyfriend) in the freaking stomach. Also, Kailyn & Jo live just across the PA border which is pretty close to my house and the fact that I can recognizes places they show cracks me up.

meg | tumblr