Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2015, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

are you house-sitting for mr. Louisiana?

I couldn't watch the Nashville or Arrow finales last night because Steph and I went to see Jim Parsons in a play. It's called Act of God. He plays God who possessed Jim Parson's body and is talking to the audience about ruling the universe.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm house/dog sitting with him for his movie producer cousin while she's at the Cannes Film Festival.

Ha, that sounds cool.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

when does Cannes end? I'd love to be there right now.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

The 68th annual Cannes Film Festival is currently being held from 13 to 24 May 2015.

His cousin returns on Saturday. She was gone for two weeks. I wonder if she encountered this: Women In Flat Shoes Turned Away At Cannes Premiere
Old 05-21-2015, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

that no flats rule is b.s. i'd go in sneakers to stick it to them.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mr. Louisiana's cousin didn't hear about this while over there, but thought it was stupid. She said her favorite movie this year was Mad Max. I saw it this Sunday. It was okay. Lots of dark-themed action.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Mr. Louisiana's cousin didn't hear about this while over there, but thought it was stupid.
Ah, now I know why ONTD was questioning why more women didn't show up in flats. They probably didn't know it was going on.

People have been raving about Mad Max. I originally didn;t care and never saw the original, but maybe i;ll put it on my netflix queue.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't seen the Mel Gibson trilogy, but he and his brother grew up watching it as kids, and have a huge love for the franchise, so they were psyched to see it. Especially since it starred Tom Hardy, who their cousin worked with in a movie years ago that launched him into getting noticed and hired the following year as Bane.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

People swoon over Tom and I don't get it.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Must be the accent.

Many women do love him for his stance on equality amongst the genders, though.

Tom Hardy: Mad Max as a 'man's movie' was never on his mind

It starts 9 minutes 55 seconds in. The guy starts by saying he has 5 sisters, a wife, a daughter, and a mother, so he knows what it's like to be outgunned by estrogen. LoL

Quote:
Tom's been hoping to stand on equal footing with his female co-stars all along.

In a 2014 interview for the movie "The Drop," he had a thought about what it would be like to make a complete and unquestioning switcheroo to men's and women's parts in his films. He was kinda into it.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

he is awesome for that.

is he a father in real life and does he have a daughter?
Old 05-31-2015, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, "the guy" I was talking about having all those women in his life was the idiot at the Mad Max conference that asked him the question about his feelings about this not being a guy movie like the original.

Tom has a son with an ex girlfriend. He is currently with wife #2.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

pfft, at him for thinking a movie with females kicking butt can't be a guy movie. He shouldn't be allowed to watch movies.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Imagine if that was your father asking that question. Would you be mad or embarrassed? Or something else?
Old 06-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I would think he needs to be educated and it's sad to think that way when having 2 daughters.

I just learned Tom's wife is Cillian's love interest in s2 of Peaky Blinders. They must be good friends - Tom and Cillian - because Tom is in s2 also and is OK with Cillian filming sex scenes with his wife.