Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2015, 06:48 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Legend

 
LilMouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 438,390
Non-Ewan Recommendations #18: crying at Oscar bait movies

from last thread

Quote:
So far this month I cried at Brooklyn and Room. And I want to see My All American because it has my princess Sarah Bolder in it. I'll probably cry at that too because it's based on a true story about a college football player who gets cancer, has his leg amputated and then dies.
__________________
"Our lives shouldn't be measured by how much money we make or by how well known we are, but by how much fulfillment we can find in our everyday existence." ~ Ewan McGregor
LilMouse is offline  
Old 11-13-2015, 11:25 PM
  #2
Fan Forum Star

 
S.A.S.H.A.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 182,486
What a depressing plot!
__________________
Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline  
Old 11-14-2015, 09:55 AM
  #3
Fan Forum Legend

 
LilMouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 438,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S.H.A. (View Post)
What a depressing plot!
I know. I have my tissues ready. But maybe there will be something not depressing in it to look forward to.
__________________
"Our lives shouldn't be measured by how much money we make or by how well known we are, but by how much fulfillment we can find in our everyday existence." ~ Ewan McGregor
LilMouse is offline  
Old 11-14-2015, 06:06 PM
  #4
Fan Forum Star

 
S.A.S.H.A.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 182,486
Even real life is depressing now with those idiot terrorists destroying everything 24/7.
__________________
Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline  
Old 11-14-2015, 08:02 PM
  #5
Fan Forum Legend

 
LilMouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 438,390
lets send them all to the sun.
__________________
"Our lives shouldn't be measured by how much money we make or by how well known we are, but by how much fulfillment we can find in our everyday existence." ~ Ewan McGregor
LilMouse is offline  
Old 11-17-2015, 11:10 AM
  #6
Elite Fan

 
firewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 47,712
Vic, I thought of you as I watched Into the Badlands this weekend. Your girl Sarah B is in it. Did you watch? I love it so far. But Sarah didn't do much in the first ep.
__________________
I don't think. I know.
firewall is offline  
Old 11-17-2015, 01:29 PM
  #7
Fan Forum Legend

 
LilMouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 438,390
@ you watching it and loving it. I want it to do so well, like Walking Dead levels of success (or hey, I wouldn't mind if it eclipses that show). I saw so many TWD fans whining about Badlands because it delayed The Talking Dead. I wanted to tell them to stop being immature babies.

I liked the show. It had great fight scenes. That one in the rain was beautiful. So far I don't hate any characters. Even the bad guys are interesting to me. I did keep wondering when Sarah was going to have dialog, but then it never came. She said on twitter it's episode 3 when her character really gets going. So I'll wait and enjoy everything else in the meantime.
__________________
"Our lives shouldn't be measured by how much money we make or by how well known we are, but by how much fulfillment we can find in our everyday existence." ~ Ewan McGregor
LilMouse is offline  
Old 11-17-2015, 10:30 PM
  #8
Fan Forum Star

 
S.A.S.H.A.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 182,486
Would you watch TWD if she was on that?
__________________
Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline  
Old 11-18-2015, 11:53 AM
  #9
Fan Forum Legend

 
LilMouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 438,390
I guess I would have to. But I'd not bother catching up on the seasons I missed. I'd just jump into it.
__________________
"Our lives shouldn't be measured by how much money we make or by how well known we are, but by how much fulfillment we can find in our everyday existence." ~ Ewan McGregor
LilMouse is offline  
Old 11-18-2015, 03:48 PM
  #10
Elite Fan

 
firewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 47,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
@ you watching it and loving it. I want it to do so well, like Walking Dead levels of success (or hey, I wouldn't mind if it eclipses that show). I saw so many TWD fans whining about Badlands because it delayed The Talking Dead. I wanted to tell them to stop being immature babies. I liked the show. It had great fight scenes. That one in the rain was beautiful. So far I don't hate any characters. Even the bad guys are interesting to me. I did keep wondering when Sarah was going to have dialog, but then it never came. She said on twitter it's episode 3 when her character really gets going. So I'll wait and enjoy everything else in the meantime.
I have been so excited about this show for ages! I didn't even know she was in it until recently. I used to watch a lot of Hong Kong films back in college. I was addicted to them and Daniel Wu starred in a lot. I guess you can call me a fan.

I also really like his producing partner, Steven Fung. I hope he'll appear on the show eventually. I'm guessing the reason he isn't is because his English isn't as good as DW's.
__________________
I don't think. I know.
firewall is offline  
Old 11-18-2015, 04:55 PM
  #11
Fan Forum Legend

 
LilMouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 438,390
I feel so out of the loop because I never heard of Daniel before this show. When I went to NYCC they had a Badlands panel, and there were women chasing him and whistling at him and I was like, wow, that is quite a following.

The show did really well in the ratings. But it has to keep it up for the rest of the season
__________________
"Our lives shouldn't be measured by how much money we make or by how well known we are, but by how much fulfillment we can find in our everyday existence." ~ Ewan McGregor
LilMouse is offline  
Old 11-18-2015, 09:10 PM
  #12
Fan Forum Star

 
S.A.S.H.A.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 182,486
It has a good time slot at least.
__________________
Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline  
Old 11-18-2015, 11:58 PM
  #13
Elite Fan

 
firewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 47,712
I'm definitely rooting for it. It's the only new show I can stand this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
I feel so out of the loop because I never heard of Daniel before this show. When I went to NYCC they had a Badlands panel, and there were women chasing him and whistling at him and I was like, wow, that is quite a following.
That's actually really surprising. I think he's pretty famous in Hong Kong but not in the states.
__________________
I don't think. I know.
firewall is offline  
Old 11-19-2015, 08:45 AM
  #14
Fan Forum Legend

 
LilMouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 438,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S.H.A. (View Post)
It has a good time slot at least.
will you check out the first episode?

Quote:
That's actually really surprising. I think he's pretty famous in Hong Kong but not in the states.
and then there were men asking him questions about martial arts styles. It went all over my head because I can't tell the difference between different fighting styles. It all looks cool to me.
__________________
"Our lives shouldn't be measured by how much money we make or by how well known we are, but by how much fulfillment we can find in our everyday existence." ~ Ewan McGregor
LilMouse is offline  
Old 11-19-2015, 08:45 AM
  #15
Fan Forum Legend

 
LilMouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 438,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S.H.A. (View Post)
It has a good time slot at least.
will you check out the first episode?

Quote:
That's actually really surprising. I think he's pretty famous in Hong Kong but not in the states.
and then there were men asking him questions about martial arts styles. It went all over my head because I can't tell the difference between different fighting styles. It all looks cool to me.
__________________
"Our lives shouldn't be measured by how much money we make or by how well known we are, but by how much fulfillment we can find in our everyday existence." ~ Ewan McGregor
LilMouse is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2021.

Copyright © 1998-2021, Fan Forum.


TEST