Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 11:41 PM
Master Fan

hopefully it will come out here but i kinda hate it that they pump up fairy tales these days making them more violent and more action I mean cmon LEAVE THEM THEY WERE FINE when they first got written

from Fairy Tail
Hottest Dragon Slayer
Old 02-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Fairy tales were scary and violent before. Disney tried to hide it, but Maleficent, Scar, and Ursula were some terrifying villains. And the original stories were messed up. Sleeping Beauty was raped in the original story.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

O.O wow uhh did not know that

but I mean besides disney I red them in books and stuff like yes abit violent but not too violent thats not the way I remember reading them as a kid

from Fairy Tail
Hottest Dragon Slayer
Old 02-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Sleeping Beauty was raped in the original story.
I did NOT know that.

I do, however, agree with you about Fairy Tales being dark and creepy. They weren't written to be shiney and happy like Disney portrays. Many of them ended in death or punishment, not happily ever after.

New JACK THE GIANT SLAYER Character Posters Featuring Ewan McGregor & Eleanor Tomlinson | The Daily BLAM!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I did NOT know that.
It really is disgusting. There are many different versions, all sexist.
Poor Ariel/Little Mermaid dies at the end of the real story. I like Disney's improvement.

I saw that poster of Ewan @ the theater on Saturday and took a photo of it. He looks damn good.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Poor Ariel/Little Mermaid dies at the end of the real story. I like Disney's improvement.
I knew about this one. She's supposed to stab/kill the Prince while he's in bed with his new bride so she can get her voice back and go back to being a mermaid. Instead she decides she loves him too much to kill him and she lets herself die (by stabbing herself). I actually like that version, but for different reasons then I like the Disney version.

Quote:
I saw that poster of Ewan @ the theater on Saturday and took a photo of it. He looks damn good.
Heck yeah. And he gets to be funny while looking damn good.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

yeah I know about the little mermaids ending but sleeping beauty did not know thankgod disney made it a happy ending

yeah but it was just the way I remember reading in the books before I saw the films

and i dunno if this counts but in dumbo the original story the little mouse was suppose to be a little bird friend to dumbo but instead they put a mouse in

from Fairy Tail
Hottest Dragon Slayer
Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I knew about this one. She's supposed to stab/kill the Prince while he's in bed with his new bride so she can get her voice back and go back to being a mermaid. Instead she decides she loves him too much to kill him and she lets herself die (by stabbing herself). I actually like that version, but for different reasons then I like the Disney version.
It's very bitter sweet.
I really liked in the Disney version how the sea witch/Ursula had more of a role.

Quote:
And he gets to be funny while looking damn good.
irresistable, perfect combo.

Quote:
and i dunno if this counts but in dumbo the original story the little mouse was suppose to be a little bird friend to dumbo but instead they put a mouse in
that musical number in Dumbo where everything is psychedelic still freaks me out.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

yeah i like the disney version better

oh yeah the pink elephant scene always gets me imagine if you see it if your off your dial

from Fairy Tail
Hottest Dragon Slayer
Old 02-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Fantasia is another one that shouldn't be watched while on LSD.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

why I love fantasia

from Fairy Tail
Hottest Dragon Slayer
Old 02-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like it too but it's like an LSD trip with the crazy colors.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

^Do you ladies have a lot of experience with LSD?

Quote:
irresistable, perfect combo.
That is our Ewan.

Quote:
that musical number in Dumbo where everything is psychedelic still freaks me out.
Pink Elephants on parade! My favorite part.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

well yeah seeing rave lights and rainbows hehe

i still love fantasia the music in it

from Fairy Tail
Hottest Dragon Slayer
Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

I used to get so bored of Fantasia as a kid. And I haven't watched it as an adult, so... I should go procure myself some LSD and see what happens.