Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 06:41 AM
Master Fan

Ewan McGregor Needs YOU! (UPDATED: 2 Nov)

...to save his board.

Here's the latest announcement from Jerry D:

Hi everyone. Twice a year, sometime during the months of April and October, we�ll be doing official post counts to ensure that the message boards here at Fan Forum are busy and thriving. We�ve established a minimum sustained post count requirement of 100 posts per board per week for message boards to remain here at Fan Forum, and we�ll be �unofficially� checking the boards periodically to see where we stand. Certain message boards have been exempted from being subject to post count requirements either due to their unique nature or because they�re less than six months old, and you can check with one of your board moderators to see if the message board that you post on is on this exempt list. Therefore, if you want your favorite message boards to remain here at Fan Forum, we encourage every member here to post on their favorite message boards as often as they can. Thanks!

We don't just need to boost traffic, we need to keep it up! Are you up for the challenge? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

===

Update (01 May): We made it! The admins averaged the number of posts throughout April, and the Ewan board averaged 127.75 posts! Yay! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks, everyone, for helping us achieve this goal, and we hope you continue coming here to sustain the post count. Don't disappear now! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

===

Update (11 July): JerryD just completed an unofficial post count, and we ended up with just 80 posts, 20 below the required number. I suppose it's undertandable since it was the holiday weekend in the USA, plus Ewan hasn't been in the spotlight in a while, it's still a sign that we need to work harder to meet the post count come October.

Last edited by VerbalKint; 11-02-2004 at 12:01 PM
P Y R O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by P Y R O:
<STRONG>Are you up for the challenge? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I am! We can't lose this board! I've been a member here for a few years but I've never posted on this board before. It wasn't until I saw Moulin Rouge that I truly became a Ewan fan. Let's give Ewan our support!

Laura|
Lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm definitely gonna keep posting. Thanks for posting that message, Xan.
This is one of the only boards I go to everyday so if it was taken away I'd almost never come to FF.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Absolute Fan

Yes, thanks for the reminder, Xan. And it's always great to see people new to FF or new to the Ewan board dropping by! Let's try to keep these people here in the community and make them feel welcome. That will help us keep our post count up. And of course we don't just want to fill it with fluff, but rather to have interesting conversations going on. I think we have several of those right now and I know in particular a couple of you who are very active posters. Keep up the great community, we all love this board, I know I do in particular [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Rach
Old 03-23-2004, 01:39 AM
Master Fan

There was an unoffcial post count done on all boards on the first week of March. Ewan's board got only 57 posts, a little more than half of our target number. Obviously, that's not good.

Anyway, it'd help if we put a link to Ewan's board somewhere in our siglines, so if we posted elsewhere on FF, people would click the link and come here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by P Y R O:
<STRONG>Anyway, it'd help if we put a link to Ewan's board somewhere in our siglines, so if we posted elsewhere on FF, people would click the link and come here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That's exactly why I'm here. I saw your sig. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I've been a Ewan fan for quite sometime, since Trainspotting, however I've only posted here like once or twice. I'll try to stop by and post more often though. I'd hate to see Ewan lose his board!

Icon by Elya
*Krissy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

See? It's working already! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That doesn't sound good [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] How much time do we have?

Laura|
Old 03-24-2004, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

Well, it'll be an unannounced week in April, so basically, we need to keep traffic up and alive every single day.

And hopefully not just during the months specified, but forever and ever. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2004, 01:15 AM
Absolute Fan

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Testing my new sig line.

Hope it helps! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
BYtheSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like it BYtheSEA [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I changed mine too.

Laura|
Old 03-26-2004, 12:40 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazy:
<STRONG>I like it BYtheSEA [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Thank you!

I've changed mine again.

I'm really trying to post (at least here) more often, but some days I just don't have anything to add ... like today.
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
BYtheSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by BYtheSEA:
<STRONG>
I'm really trying to post (at least here) more often, but some days I just don't have anything to add ... like today.</STRONG>
I've been posting all over F4F and hope that people will see my sig and post here as well. And I think we've been doing quite a good job or am I wrong? I check F4F every day and I noticed that posts in this forum increase quite fast.

Laura|
Old 03-28-2004, 05:01 AM
PerfectlyPoisonous

I haven't been a very good FF Ewan fan lately [img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img] no cookies for me.

I've got some Ewan goodies which I will have to post around the place to help you guys boost the board and shut my conscience up! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

It's April, guys, which means post your guts out! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Reply   Post New Thread