Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2024, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Prancing Pony [OT] #17: How busy are we today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy_lass (View Post)
It's been awhile since I posted in this section, so hello everyone!

I've never kept a journal or a diary, since I find writing about your day incredibly dull and dreary. When I was upgrading in college (this was over thirty years ago, since I graduated high school in the early '90's) and the teacher suggest we keep a journal, I wrote a story instead (I asked if I was allowed to do this). It was similar to Narnia about characters finding a gateway to another world. In my story, it was through a hole in my late grandmother's raspberry bushes that my cousins used to use as a fort. I didn't keep anything, so I couldn't redo it if I tried, since I can't remember enough about it (other than the plot and some character names). I find this much more interesting than writing about your day, and am currently writing a fan fic about how my original Hobbit character returns to Middle-earth after about a decade in the modern world.

Even though my Mom recently gave me a five year journal, I doubt I'll ever use it, so it will probably go in the give away pile (or I'll just give it to a good friend of mine who does like to journal, since at least somebody will use it).
Quote:
Originally Posted by florerr (View Post)
Oh, no - hope that it wasn't an expensive fix...

It wasn't pleasant... and it's still not, but it's a lot better than the alternative would have been... so I will take the slight pain, and make sure to go in for the next appointment...
Well Lisa, it sounds like you could use your journal to write your stories, they sound great!

Well it's good you're seeing the positives in the situation, Hanna.

My concert is tomorrow, and there are still bits I don't feel confident on, but not much more I can do! I'm sure it will be fun though.
Meliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Nope, I post my fan fics on sites like Ao3 (Archive of Our Own) and FF.net (FanFiction.net), since the last time I wrote a story in any kind of book was when I was upgrading in college in the early '90's (which I didn't keep, so I couldn't rewrite it if I tried, since I don't remember enough about it). I use the former more than the latter (since I even had to update the only story I have on there that it will be no longer updated and made a note on the last chapter where to find the new story and what my username is, since I didn't register with the same one). Before that, I used LiveJournal, but am now only keeping the account as a place to store the various fanlistings I've joined over the years, otherwise I would just delete it, since I hardly use it anymore.
In the darkness you could hear the crying of women, the wailing of infants, and the shouting of men. Some prayed for help. Others wished for death. But still more imagined that there were no Gods left, and that the universe was plunged into eternal darkness. - Pliny the Younger, A.D. 79.
stormy_lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I always admired real fanfic wrotes for their talent to come up with new twists for an existing story... But I haven't read any in years, and I will keep my distance, as I got heavily addicted to readong them at some point - which didn't do me any good.

Claire I'm sure that you will ne alrigjt, and that you will be able to enjoh the concert!

... the tooth... it hurts, but I will be fine - I have a pretty high pain tolerance in general... not much else to tell, it's been a rather long week...
Old 03-22-2024, 03:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not re-doing the story I have on FF.net, I'm discontinuing it (for the time being, at least), since that's a separate story on how my original Hobbit character got to the modern world in the first place (she's a dwarven/human hybrid. Her father and two brothers are miners from the Blue Mountains, whereas her mother was a woman of Dale who died in a mining accident). The new story is how she returns after about a dozen years in the modern world. I might finish the one on FF.net one day (since then I'll have a story of how she got to the modern world and another one on how she returned, even if they're not posted on the same site).

On a separate note, at least my sprained ankle is healing. A few weeks ago, I went sailing down the stairs and missed a step which caused me to step crooked on my left ankle and fall on top of it (which is why it was probably so bruised). I've been using the elevator ever since. I've gone sailing down those stairs nearly a thousand times in the nearly fourteen years I've lived in the same apartment building (which is bigger than my last one) and never suffered an injury like that before. The joys of getting older...
In the darkness you could hear the crying of women, the wailing of infants, and the shouting of men. Some prayed for help. Others wished for death. But still more imagined that there were no Gods left, and that the universe was plunged into eternal darkness. - Pliny the Younger, A.D. 79.
stormy_lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Even I have written and posted on AO3! I'm glad you have done some stories for others to read.
Sorry to hear about the ankle, it sounds painful!

I hope it feels better soon, Hanna.

Nervous about my performance later. Coping by cleaning the house ahead of my parents staying over...
Old 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Hope that the concert when fine!!

Oh, no I hope that your ankle will heal soon.

My toith is slowly getting better - but it will probably take couple more days, really...
Old 03-25-2024, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-25-2024, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome back, cK!

I hope you're doing better, Hanna.

It went well. I lost focus by the end, but I got through it.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

having a surgery. so I will be away again. pray for me please...

Old 03-26-2024, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope it goes well, cK.
Old 03-26-2024, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Claire so happy that you got through your concert!

cK I will keep you in my prayers.

The pain is gone, it's simply end-of-the-quarter at wotk, which means no free braincells and long & exhausting days... but only 3 more days to go...
Old 03-27-2024, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a bit of a head cold today.

And it's raining again.

Glad you're feeling better, Hanna!
Old 03-27-2024, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

weather keeps changing over here, but so far no rain yet...

... 2 more days to go, then Easter weekend

Any weekend plans?
Old 03-28-2024, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We have family visiting and my daughter will be home from University, so yes looking forward to the weekend.
Old 03-28-2024, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

sounds like some quality time

I'm still working tomorrow but we will celebrate Easter too on Sunday most likely. which means that I will be baking and maybe my brother and his girlfriend will come over.