Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2015, 02:09 PM
  #31
Elite Fan

 
Ghost.Of.You's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 46,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
I read about that in the newspaper - I mean, really... why would you dress your kid as Christian Grey? At age 10!?! How about Harry Potter? Peter Pan? Prince Charming? There's so much wonderful children's literature out there, why 50 SoG - it's not even a children's book
EXACTLY. I don't know how she can sit and say she see's no problem with this, and that 'all the other kids knew who he was.' Well, just because the media have shoved this film/book all over the place so a bunch of kinds know this name doesn't mean it's okay, it's completley wrong that a 10 year old kid was there like that.

Quote:
That rule is kinda stupid, the players want to celebrate, what's wrong with having a little fun? Not celebrating for 5 minutes, but geez, the 'you can't even take off your shirt' stuff is totally out there.
Agreed, they've gone crazy. You cannot stop them celebrating, for players that truly play the game, that's the moment they are there for - they deserve to have their moment. I don't see anything wrong with the masks for a goal celebration, like I never saw anything wrong with them pulling their shirts up and such; it's crazy they've been told to stop this, let them have some fun, jeez


Quote:
The referee in this weeks game was also totally weird. Did you see the elbow against Ciro? I mean, how did that not lead to some kind of card? And don't get me started on the Bayern game, that referee was a joke.
Yes, my god. I don't know where they're getting 'em!

The Ciro moment was so weird, because it just showed him leaving the pitch, but then when they actually sorted it out and showed why I was so shocked; that was blatantly obvious that he'd elbowed him like he did. There was no need for it, and the fact nothing was done about it was terrible. Poor guy is still patched up from it!


Quote:
Saw this on Twitter today - how awesome is that? Chris Evans Dresses as Captain America to Visit Kids Hospital With Chris Pratt - I'm sure the kids were beyond themselves!
I've been seeing a few photos from this around and I'm dying over how cute it is. Those two are beyond adorable!
__________________
you're looking at the
g h o s t of me.
v i c k itwittericon
Ghost.Of.You is offline  
Old 03-10-2015, 12:22 PM
  #32
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Of.You (View Post)
EXACTLY. I don't know how she can sit and say she see's no problem with this, and that 'all the other kids knew who he was.' Well, just because the media have shoved this film/book all over the place so a bunch of kinds know this name doesn't mean it's okay, it's completley wrong that a 10 year old kid was there like that.
Exactly. The message is just wrong. Unless she wants him to be sucessfull business wise, in that department, otherwise it's just weird on way too many levels.


Quote:
Agreed, they've gone crazy. You cannot stop them celebrating, for players that truly play the game, that's the moment they are there for - they deserve to have their moment. I don't see anything wrong with the masks for a goal celebration, like I never saw anything wrong with them pulling their shirts up and such; it's crazy they've been told to stop this, let them have some fun, jeez
Right. Celebrating is part of the game and should be allowed, at least to some extend. I don't see anything wrong with pulling their shirts up and such

Quote:
Yes, my god. I don't know where they're getting 'em!
Sometimes you can't help but wunder

Quote:
The Ciro moment was so weird, because it just showed him leaving the pitch, but then when they actually sorted it out and showed why I was so shocked; that was blatantly obvious that he'd elbowed him like he did. There was no need for it, and the fact nothing was done about it was terrible. Poor guy is still patched up from it!
And the referpee and/or his assistent should have done something about it. Why are all these people around if they don't catch things like that?



Quote:
I've been seeing a few photos from this around and I'm dying over how cute it is. Those two are beyond adorable!
They truly are. Such a wonderful thing to do
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 03-11-2015, 12:19 PM
  #33
Elite Fan

 
Ghost.Of.You's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 46,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
Exactly. The message is just wrong. Unless she wants him to be sucessfull business wise, in that department, otherwise it's just weird on way too many levels.
I think the fact she sent him with the accessories of an eye mask and cable ties says a lot about her


Quote:
Right. Celebrating is part of the game and should be allowed, at least to some extend. I don't see anything wrong with pulling their shirts up and such
Absolutely. That's just taking all the fun out of the game. They should put their focus on disciplining the guys that are disrespectful and dive all the time, etc.


Quote:
And the referpee and/or his assistent should have done something about it. Why are all these people around if they don't catch things like that?
Right? I can't believe nothing was done and none of them saw that elbow. Come on, it was so obvious and so very wrong.


Quote:
They truly are. Such a wonderful thing to do
It is. Didn't they do this before where Chris Pratt was in his guise as Peter Quill too? I seem to remember seeing that.
__________________
you're looking at the
g h o s t of me.
v i c k itwittericon
Ghost.Of.You is offline  
Old 03-11-2015, 06:48 PM
  #34
Fan Forum Star

 
miranstarr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 158,725
Yep! Chris Pratt went as Star-Lord to Christopher's Haven in Boston in early February.
__________________
miranstarr is offline  
Old 03-12-2015, 04:10 PM
  #35
Elite Fan

 
Ghost.Of.You's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 46,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Yep! Chris Pratt went as Star-Lord to Christopher's Haven in Boston in early February.
I thought I remembered that!
__________________
you're looking at the
g h o s t of me.
v i c k itwittericon
Ghost.Of.You is offline  
Old 03-12-2015, 06:33 PM
  #36
Fan Forum Star

 
miranstarr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 158,725
The guys are awesome for keeping their promises.
__________________
miranstarr is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 08:00 AM
  #37
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 114
I'm back after a week of absence I see I am behind on some stuff, I'll try to catch up
First, I wanted to ask - does any one of you still have problems accessing the forum? Because I do, for three evenings in a row it refused to load the page at all. Does anyone have an idea why that might be?
For the Christian Grey thing - it was on the news here, I just cannot believe it.... I'm starting to lose faith in humanity more and more.
I didn't see Aubameyang getting the yellow card, but my stream was bad anyway It is stupid, there have been more scandalous celebrations of goals and no reactions from the referees... I heard that UEFA recently made some changes in the rules, but they seem ridiculous. Now you get a direct red card if you only hold someone's shirt in the penalty box without hurting them or such, but you don't when you break someone's cheekbones to blood? it's just stupid. Reminds me of the World Cup final a bit.
And I saw that thing about Chris and Chris too, it's such a sweet thing to do!! I don't remember them promising it, but if they really did, it shows how wonderful they are for keeping their word!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
The guys are awesome for keeping their promises.
Absolutely!
Fire_and_Flame is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 09:55 AM
  #38
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Of.You (View Post)
I think the fact she sent him with the accessories of an eye mask and cable ties says a lot about her
Wait, what? Please tell me you made that up?

Quote:
Absolutely. That's just taking all the fun out of the game. They should put their focus on disciplining the guys that are disrespectful and dive all the time, etc.
Exactly. There are way worse things going on than players celebrating a goal.

Quote:
Right? I can't believe nothing was done and none of them saw that elbow. Come on, it was so obvious and so very wrong.
Another reason for them to have video evidence, but obviously that's not it for the FIFA.

Did you catch the Madrid vs. S04 game?

Quote:
Yep! Chris Pratt went as Star-Lord to Christopher's Haven in Boston in early February.
I saw an article about that the other day, so awesome

Quote:
I heard that UEFA recently made some changes in the rules, but they seem ridiculous. Now you get a direct red card if you only hold someone's shirt in the penalty box without hurting them or such, but you don't when you break someone's cheekbones to blood? it's just stupid. Reminds me of the World Cup final a bit.
Exactly. You get a red card, a penalty and most likely a few games suspension later on. Yet there's no one handing out suspension and whatnot later on if the referee team don't see punches and such - totally not right in my book.
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 01:57 PM
  #39
Elite Fan

 
Ghost.Of.You's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 46,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_and_Flame (View Post)
I'm back after a week of absence I see I am behind on some stuff, I'll try to catch up
First, I wanted to ask - does any one of you still have problems accessing the forum? Because I do, for three evenings in a row it refused to load the page at all. Does anyone have an idea why that might be?
For the Christian Grey thing - it was on the news here, I just cannot believe it.... I'm starting to lose faith in humanity more and more.
Welcome back

No, my problems seem to have cleared up *touch wood* It could maybe be your browser - having too many tabs open and such could be overloading it? I'm not sure though

I lose faith, too. Some people make me cringe so badly.

Quote:
I didn't see Aubameyang getting the yellow card, but my stream was bad anyway It is stupid, there have been more scandalous celebrations of goals and no reactions from the referees... I heard that UEFA recently made some changes in the rules, but they seem ridiculous. Now you get a direct red card if you only hold someone's shirt in the penalty box without hurting them or such, but you don't when you break someone's cheekbones to blood? it's just stupid. Reminds me of the World Cup final a bit.
I didn't see them give it, either, but it seems they did Yeah, there should've been cards given in the WC final, too. It's so wrong what's happening right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
Wait, what? Please tell me you made that up?
I wish I did, I really do. But, nope, true story. The photo of the kid they were using to run with the story had him holding them.

Quote:
Exactly. There are way worse things going on than players celebrating a goal.

Another reason for them to have video evidence, but obviously that's not it for the FIFA.
Yes, they really need to sort it out. I'm glad they're talking of bringing in dealing with head injuries (like Kramer's in the WC final) better, but there is a lot they need to add to that, because some of these guys on the pitch are just... dirty when they play and that's not what football should be; they're sending all the wrong messages lately, not cool at all.

Quote:
Did you catch the Madrid vs. S04 game?
I did, it was actually on TV here. I was so hoping Schalke would win, and they got so close, they played such a fantastic game of football, I was gutted for them when it ended and they'd gotten all that way, and lost by one in the end, such a shame.
__________________
you're looking at the
g h o s t of me.
v i c k itwittericon
Ghost.Of.You is offline  
Old 03-14-2015, 08:01 PM
  #40
Fan Forum Star

 
miranstarr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 158,725
Sad the weekend is almost over lol.
__________________
miranstarr is offline  
Old 03-15-2015, 04:12 AM
  #41
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Of.You (View Post)
I wish I did, I really do. But, nope, true story. The photo of the kid they were using to run with the story had him holding them.
Oh boy, there was no picture with the article I saw. Wrong on so many levels

Quote:
Yes, they really need to sort it out. I'm glad they're talking of bringing in dealing with head injuries (like Kramer's in the WC final) better, but there is a lot they need to add to that, because some of these guys on the pitch are just... dirty when they play and that's not what football should be; they're sending all the wrong messages lately, not cool at all.
Right, instead of focussing on weird stuff, they need to tackle the real issues

Quote:
I did, it was actually on TV here. I was so hoping Schalke would win, and they got so close, they played such a fantastic game of football, I was gutted for them when it ended and they'd gotten all that way, and lost by one in the end, such a shame.
I was on the edge if my seat for the last 15 minutes, so many good attempts Real was soooo close to being flushed out, would have liked that. Did you hear about Ronaldo not giving interviews for the rest of the season and him not wanting to go to the fans after the game? Casillas had to basically drag him. I get that he was upset about the fans whistling and whatnot, but really?

Quote:
Sad the weekend is almost over lol.
Someone needs to give us longer weekends
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 03-15-2015, 03:01 PM
  #42
Elite Fan

 
Ghost.Of.You's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 46,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Sad the weekend is almost over lol.
My days are blending together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
Oh boy, there was no picture with the article I saw. Wrong on so many levels
It was so uncomfortable in every sense.

Quote:
I was on the edge if my seat for the last 15 minutes, so many good attempts Real was soooo close to being flushed out, would have liked that. Did you hear about Ronaldo not giving interviews for the rest of the season and him not wanting to go to the fans after the game? Casillas had to basically drag him. I get that he was upset about the fans whistling and whatnot, but really?
Same here, it was so tense, and I really wish Schalke had managed to put that last one in and take RM out No, I didn't hear that about him, but it doesn't surprise me at all Who the heck does he think he is? It baffles me people still love him, even though he's so arrogant.
__________________
you're looking at the
g h o s t of me.
v i c k itwittericon
Ghost.Of.You is offline  
Old 03-17-2015, 11:56 AM
  #43
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Of.You (View Post)
My days are blending together!
Same here

Quote:
Same here, it was so tense, and I really wish Schalke had managed to put that last one in and take RM out No, I didn't hear that about him, but it doesn't surprise me at all Who the heck does he think he is? It baffles me people still love him, even though he's so arrogant.
Would have been so awesome He's a incredibly talented player, but all the hype about him sure didn't work wonders for his ego

Are BVB playing today or tomorrow?
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 03-17-2015, 05:01 PM
  #44
Elite Fan

 
Ghost.Of.You's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 46,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
Would have been so awesome He's a incredibly talented player, but all the hype about him sure didn't work wonders for his ego
Pretty sure his ego has its own zip code.

Quote:
Are BVB playing today or tomorrow?
Tomorrow. Leverkusen played and killed me tonight
__________________
you're looking at the
g h o s t of me.
v i c k itwittericon
Ghost.Of.You is offline  
Old 03-18-2015, 11:32 AM
  #45
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Of.You (View Post)
Pretty sure his ego has its own zip code.
At least!

Quote:
Tomorrow. Leverkusen played and killed me tonight
I saw that What a game - Leverkusen need to train penalties

Hope BVB will not take after Leverkusen tonight!
__________________
Nad is offline  
 

Bookmarks


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:58 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2023.

Copyright © 1998-2023, Fan Forum.


TEST