Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
I think my favorite Aragorn scene, and this was hard to narrow down, is his big speech at the gates of Mordor. That is the greatest speech ever made.
Oh, yes, I agree! Such an absolutely amazing scene. There are no words for how much I adore it. So inspirational and epic and memorable and goddamn perfect before they charge into battle <3

j/k ♥
b/b ♥
Old 04-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Absolute Fan

I remember getting all misty eyed here. Even on a third viewing in the cinema at the time. Thats a wonderful scene, pitched perfectly by Viggo.

I see so many actors coming back for The Hobbit. Think we might get an Aragorn cameo? Although technically, he only meets Frodo, Merry & Pip in FoTR, i cant remember if he ever met/crossed paths with Bilbo?
Spartacus: Gannicus & Sibyl

Naz
Old 04-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Loyal Fan

^Hmmm dunno. Maybe we can get a glipse of him with hanging with Gandalf? Ha, but no I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky-fin (View Post)
Oh, yes, I agree! Such an absolutely amazing scene. There are no words for how much I adore it. So inspirational and epic and memorable and goddamn perfect before they charge into battle <3
OMG. "I see in your eyes... the same fear that would take the heart of me..... A day may come when the courage of man fails... BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY!" I was just quoting by heart now so pardon me if it wasn't verbatim but oh! that speech!

( YOU ARE THE REVELATION )

but it's so hard, my love, to say it to you all alone;
Old 04-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by namesnotAnnie (View Post)
^Hmmm dunno. Maybe we can get a glipse of him with hanging with Gandalf? Ha, but no I doubt it.
Or a glimpse of him speaking to Elrond in Rivendell - yes, I'll take every little thing

Quote:
"I see in your eyes... the same fear that would take the heart of me..... A day may come when the courage of man fails... BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY!"
Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
Or a glimpse of him speaking to Elrond in Rivendell - yes, I'll take every little thing
I would take that too. Which might even work considering he was raised there. Im not sure of the time lines of this story and when Aragorn left Rivendell.

I have an unhealthy love for this line. The way he says it to Eowyn. I couldnt help but go: Yeah! Cos he loves his Elvish queen!
Aragorn: It is but a shadow and a thought that you love. I cannot give you what you seek.

Naz
Old 05-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragornsQueen (View Post)
I have an unhealthy love for this line. The way he says it to Eowyn. I couldnt help but go: Yeah! Cos he loves his Elvish queen!
Aragorn: It is but a shadow and a thought that you love. I cannot give you what you seek.
As an A/E shipper, that lines kills me, obviously. His delivery is perfect. That whole scene actually I find heartbtreaking, even more so in the extended version. The way he brushes her cheek... he's so sorry for breaking her heart.

( YOU ARE THE REVELATION )

but it's so hard, my love, to say it to you all alone;
Old 05-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
As an A/E shipper, that lines kills me, obviously. His delivery is perfect. That whole scene actually I find heartbtreaking, even more so in the extended version. The way he brushes her cheek... he's so sorry for breaking her heart.
Word!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Amazing scenes, they were so powerful

I really hope we get something, a crumb would do me
Old 05-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

“Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!” source

Old 05-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Absolute Fan

^

I bawled my eyes out. And when he sings at the coronation So epic

Naz
Old 05-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

UHHHHHHHHHH no words.

j/k ♥
b/b ♥
Old 05-09-2011, 01:29 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Best. speech. ever.

that collage, thanks for sharing, Joy
Old 05-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, so shilling and beautiful.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy4jate (View Post)
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt87/joy4jate/LOTR/tumblr_lkja693sla1qzkj4to1_500.jpg

“Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!” source

No more...
Old 05-12-2011, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

is all you need, and exactly what we all did .
Closed Thread   Post New Thread