Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 12:31 AM
Total Fan

Yes, I've met him at a few times. He's an awesome person. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
on a Miracle Drug
LadyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 12:41 AM
Passionate Fan

OMG! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] That must've been amazing... lucky you! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

...Officialy Folked...
*the-kez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this thread idea! Thanks for startin it.
well, I would like to give my highest praise to Howard Shore his scores are astounding! If I miss watching the movie, I close my eyes and hit the play button and listen to the soundtracks... it always takes me to Middle-Earth. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 10:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Howard Shore... [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] he's a genius! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I also wanna say a big thank you to the guy who did the location scout. Whoever he is...the scenery of set is amazing!! Bravo!

...Officialy Folked...
*the-kez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Absolute Fan

Great idea for the thread! It wasn't only the actors who put this movie out there, but most importantly to the people behind the scenes.

Agreeing with all of you...

the stuntment were amazing in their roles. Playing different characters, getting killed more than once, enduring those long hours in make-up.

Howard Shore made a beautiful score. Listening to it makes you feel the emotion in the movie and you could even see scenes from the movies as you're listening to it.

The make-up artists - They really made everyone look believable. The hobbits, the elves, the men, the orcs, the uruk-hai, Gimli, and anyone else.

And props to the actors for going through the long make-up hours and waking up early in the morning.

The costume designers - they also made everyone look believable in their costumes. You could really see the difference in the cultures by the clothes that they wore.

The set designers - again, they made everything look believable. Especially like the Edoras set, and all the big-atures that they made.

Peter, Fran, & Philippa. Most book-to-movie adaptations are horrible in keeping the essence of the original story. But they kept it in the screenplay and PJ really showed it on the film.

And of course, everyone else that I've forgotten to mention. I know I missed a lot. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

They all really put the last 5-6 years into making these movies and that's a lot of time to give up. So.. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] mad props to everyone who worked on the movies.
MiAjeM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Addicted Fan

This is such a great thread idea. Everyone who worked behind the scenes or who was hidden under costumes. Just to mention, Howard Shore just won the Critics Choice Award for best score, yay!! Congrats Howard!! And also congratulations Peter for Best Director!!
[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

[ 01-10-2004: Message edited DePpSDoLL ]

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Biznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 07:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyZ:
<STRONG>She may have done some, but Craig did them as well. He did them right in front of me, so I am very certain it was him.</STRONG>
So you made Craig scream did you Z? [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

All the people who worked their butts off on any and every part of these movies is a deadset legend IMO. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Some people who haven't been specifically mentioned yet are the guys who made all the chainmail. Whenever I see someone in one of the movies wearing chainmail, I remember PJ talking about how the guys who made it all would sit there day in, day out, just linking together those little rings, so much so that their fingerprints got rubbed right off!
Old 01-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Phee:
<STRONG>

So you made Craig scream did you Z? [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
Oh Phee! You kill me! [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

But actually, yes! The story behind it: During Craig's Q & A session, someone asked him about the voices and screams he did for the movies. He talked about it for a bit, and then finally I yelled out, "Do the Nazgul scream, Craig!" He actually did it, right into the microphone! Better yet, I managed to tape it on my digi cam.

I like to think he id it because I was the one who asked. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] A few of fans had asked him to do it in previous sessions, but he never did. He was probably more willing to do it for a familiar face in the crowd.
on a Miracle Drug
Old 01-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyZ:
<STRONG> He was probably more willing to do it for a familiar face in the crowd.</STRONG>
And that gave me an endearing mental picture of Craig and Z chatting away, sending each other Christmas cards. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by will_witch:
<STRONG>

And that gave me an endearing mental picture of Craig and Z chatting away, sending each other Christmas cards. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Hehe, Anna. He really is a sweetheart.

If anyone has the chance to attend the different conventions, you really should. It's so fascinating to see makeup demonstrations, chat with the designers, and mingle with the folks who made LOTR possible. You can really sense that this experience was a milestone in their lives.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
on a Miracle Drug
Old 01-26-2004, 01:01 AM
Addicted Fan

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Yay for LotR's wins at the Golden Globes! Great to see Peter Jackson, Howard Shore, and of course the movie itself to get recognized!!!!

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Biznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread