Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2018, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know they cancelled Brooklyn Nine-nine and Gotham got one last season, but I hadn't noticed that those wee shows they didn't completely own
Old 05-26-2018, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

NBC owns B99, so that's why they picked it up and I forget how owns Gotham, but it's not Fox. They only got an final season because of syndication though
Old 05-26-2018, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Seems like Gotham has 3 production companies none of which sound like they're owned by FOX, one of them being WB. I wonder if the Disney-FOX merger had any impact on the cancellations.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It might have
Old 05-27-2018, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wouldn't surprise me

X
Old 05-28-2018, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Me neither

Great set
Old 05-30-2018, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love the words on it
Old 05-30-2018, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Same here
Old 05-30-2018, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that even in the AU world they find each other
Old 05-30-2018, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked how the writers showed that.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Greetings.

I've just finished the series and I'm so into it and the relationship between Lucifer and Chloe.
As such, I am quite frustrated that the moment we'd all been waiting for, the true devil in Lucifer being revealed to Chloe, at last, happened just to be left short, gypped of the reactions.

Chloe had progressively opened her mind to Lucifer's "metaphors" throughout the finale episode, I believe this is because Peirce, who was much easier to believe in comparison turned out to be a fraud. If love and justice can be a lie then why can't the devil be a truth?
Still, when she saw Lucifer's devil face she seemed to fall into a state of shock so what was going through her mind?
- How did this change how she felt about Lucifer if at all?
- How did Lucifer feel when he realized he'd unintentionally revealed himself to her, probably the one thing in his entire existence that he'd tried so hard to handle delicately.
- His biggest fear was that if she saw his true self, she'd bolt.
Considering that his devil face and wings manifested based on his self-image, I must wonder if his insecurity with Chloe contributed to his failure to manifest his devil face the first time he attempted to show her?

Was his fear merited or unfounded? Did she push him away, shame him?

Chloe is the only person on earth who can bring out Lucifer's emotional vulnerability and this turning point was supposed to give us the jackpot!

In the bonus episode 'Boo Normal', the two never share a scene, Lucifer instead partners with Dan and Chloe with Ella. This heavily suggests that Chloe had requested that he give her space.
We then have her reaction to Ella revealing to her that she has a ghost friend. Her tone was more or less tolerant if not accepting and Lucifer is his old self. A bit more of himself perhaps considering we see him step up his crime scene inappropriateness when he takes dick pics with Ella's camera. That could, however, be distressed behavior.

That's the closest we get to hints but all are inconclusive let alone uninformative.

I do believe Chloe is a lot stronger than Lucifer was giving her credit for.
She didn't scream like everyone else who's seen his devil face has or had a total breakdown that we know of.

Charlotte was a unique case, she saw the wings not the devil face and she was so traumatized by the inexplicable nature of her experience that seeing the truth of it, even in its insanity was a relief.

'Once Upon a Time' was disappointing. Don't get me wrong, it was interesting. I was particularly intrigued to hear some of God's POV but it was more or less one of those gimmick episodes and felt so utterly pointless which might be due to the likelihood that it's the last episode we'll ever get. It felt like a waste of an hour that could've been used to give us more of a peek at the Clucifer angst.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 06-01-2018, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hello Ashes Fall welcome to the board

I'm glad you've enjoyed the Lucifer/Chloe relationship

I have a completely different interpretation of 'Boo Normal', for me the feel and subject matter make me think it would have been the Halloween episode I think that would have been enough into the season that Lucifer and Chloe would have dealt with the whole devil face thing, and Chloe's reaction to Ella talking to "ghosts" I look at her being more open and accepting that the supernatural exists.

About 'Once Upon a Time' I completely understand how your feeling but this episodes were written, filmed, and edited before FOX cancelled the show, it was meant to be a standalone part of s4.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It does suck that we might get to see the aftermath of Chloe finding out the truth about Lucifer, but there wasn't much that the writers could too.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony_rules (View Post)
I have a completely different interpretation of 'Boo Normal', for me the feel and subject matter make me think it would have been the Halloween episode I think that would have been enough into the season that Lucifer and Chloe would have dealt with the whole devil face thing, and Chloe's reaction to Ella talking to "ghosts" I look at her being more open and accepting that the supernatural exists.
I wouldn't call the analysis I gave on 'Boo Normal' an interpretation, but a speculation. I, however, could have made that more clear so for that I apologize.
I am aware that some aspects of this episode are undefinable due to the missing lead up, one of those aspects being it's intended chronology in season 4 but I believe it could have been as early as episode 2.

I can see this angle as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony_rules (View Post)
About 'Once Upon a Time' I completely understand how your feeling but this episodes were written, filmed, and edited before FOX cancelled the show, it was meant to be a standalone part of s4.
And as a standalone, I believe it pointless though admittedly I liked the message, that Lucifer and Chloe were connected on such a profound level that circumstances are powerless to separate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95
It does suck that we might get to see the aftermath of Chloe finding out the truth about Lucifer, but there wasn't much that the writers could too.
There seems to be hope. The #SaveLuficer campaign has been quite strong and the airing of the bonus episodes had a rather huge impact on Twitter despite not topping the ratings.
The final viewership count was, and this is apparently for real, 666,000.

-----

I must add that it would seem the name Chloe wasn't chosen at random.
I'm kind of into name meanings, I enjoy looking them up.
Chloe means 'Blooming' and Lucifer means 'bringing light' or as Mum calls him, 'light bringer'.
Blooming requires light.
Just saying, that'd be one hell of a coincidence if it wasn't intentional.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 06-01-2018, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ It wouldn't surprise me if those episodes were the ones that were originally meant to air in S2. That's good that the Save Lucifer is doing great on social media.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread