Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2019, 12:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Why would anyone even Lucifer still call her detective if she's promoted to lieutenant?
It'd be interesting to see her promoted but it'd take her out of the field for the most part.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 08-17-2019, 01:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

It was more that ppl would see Lucifer call her Detective so would try to address her the same and she would correct them. They'd then be confused over why a Lt let's someone call her 'a detective' an she'd state something along the lines of "he's a special case"
Old 08-22-2019, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That sounds about right
Old 08-22-2019, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-22-2019, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 08-22-2019, 11:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_d86 (View Post)
It was more that ppl would see Lucifer call her Detective so would try to address her the same and she would correct them. They'd then be confused over why a Lt let's someone call her 'a detective' an she'd state something along the lines of "he's a special case"
You're missing my point, why would LUCIFER continue to call her detective when she reaches lieutenant?
According to this:
https://www.policeone.com/police-adm...lice-officers/
a lieutenant is still TWO ranks above detective, surely that would take enough time for him to get used to her no longer being a detective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared ❤︎ Jensen (View Post)
I love this scene!
This might have been the first scene in the series that establishes that beyond his playboy demeanor, Lucifer DOES, in fact, have a sense of romance though he might not realize it.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 08-22-2019, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the link
Old 08-23-2019, 01:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
You're missing my point, why would LUCIFER continue to call her detective when she reaches lieutenant?
According to this:
https://www.policeone.com/police-adm...lice-officers/
a lieutenant is still TWO ranks above detective, surely that would take enough time for him to get used to her no longer being a detective.
Oh, right. I misunderstood.

For me calling her 'Detective' is an endearing nickname that he only does for people he cares about. Regardless of her rank I'd like to see him keep calling her it. Maybe he could call her Lt. Detective an REALLY confuse ppl
Old 08-23-2019, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That would be pretty confusing
Old 08-23-2019, 10:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Lt. Detective is actually a distinct rank I believe.

I read a book earlier this year about a girl whose father was a serial killer who'd escaped custody.
The original arresting officer gets in touch with her at her foster home after at least a decade out of concern that her father is looking for her to request that she help draw him out online.
I'm pretty sure the officer's title at this point was Lt. Detective because I remember the girl making a tease/quip that it sounded made up as it sounds like something a 5-year-old would come up with but it was real.

So that would be more than confusing, it would be misleading and essentially lying which Lucifer doesn't do.

I could be wrong, perhaps Lt. is just a shortened reference for Lt. Detective, I'm no expert and the book was fiction.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 08-23-2019 at 01:29 PM
Old 08-23-2019, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Possibly?
Old 08-23-2019, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

From my (minimal) understanding the LAPD does not have a Lt. Detective rank. What they do have is a rank of lieutenants who help the detective division.

Lucifer could still call her lt. Detective if he said it as a quip or used it as a nickname or inside joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_d86 (View Post)
Oh, right. I misunderstood.

For me calling her 'Detective' is an endearing nickname that he only does for people he cares about. Regardless of her rank I'd like to see him keep calling her it. Maybe he could call her Lt. Detective an REALLY confuse ppl
For me too, it's a nickname he has for her
Old 08-23-2019, 09:24 PM
Extreme Fan

He does, at one point, claim it to be an endearment to Dan but Dan doesn't buy it and sorry but nor do I.
I believe it to be a possibly subconscious defensive maneuver to serve a need to maintain her at arm's length because he fears letting her get close to him.
Notice the few times he's called her Chloe is when the reference is utterly personal.

At least that's my theory for the time being, if we don't hear more "Chloe"s in season 5, I might rethink it. That's a bit might. It depends on the context.
Knowing Luci he might start to regress though I certainly hope not.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 08-24-2019, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that with Dan his use of Detective (douche) is not an endearment but just because he doesn't use it as an endearment for Dan doesn't mean he doesn't/can't use it as an endearment for Chloe. Perhaps it did start out as a way to keep her emotionally away but in my personal perspective it developed into a nickname for her.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:34 PM
Extreme Fan

I was referring to 'All Hands on Decker' when Dan points out to Lucifer that he never uses her first name and Lucifer comes back claiming 'detective' is an endearment.
His nickname for Dan is an entirely other conversation that we're not having.

they win"
- Stephen King
Closed Thread   Post New Thread