Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2021, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

6x02 - "Buckets of Baggage" Episode Discussion Thread

Lucifer 6x02 "Buckets of Baggage" Episode Discussion Thread

Premiere September 10th on Netflix.
Written by Jen Graham Imada

Desperate to be helpful, Lucifer assists an exasperated Carol investigate a drag queen's death. Ella and Chloe look into Carol’s mysterious background.

Important Rules:
* Some of you may not like everything about an episode or about the season that is ok but please try to be constructive when criticizing something. Please keep things civil!
* Do not bash the actors or the characters.
* Respect each other's ships.
* Respect each other.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad the writers didn't just ignore the trauma that Ella has due to her horrifying ordeal with Pete, and I love that Chloe and Lucifer were willing to help her out and were so understanding. Carol really does seem like a nice guy, I was surprised he was so understanding and okay with Ella braking into his house and going through his personnel files

Usually the cases link back to whatever Lucifer is dealing with so it was a nice change to see it link back to Ella and what she was going through.

Chloe seems to be enjoying her super strength a little too much
Old 09-10-2021, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not sure if Chloe felt like Chloe when she fought Maze

Ok episode, I like Carol...
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
Not sure if Chloe felt like Chloe when she fought Maze
The blade is really affecting her, I think it's too much celestial power for her to handle
Old 09-11-2021, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

At first was at Chloe/Maze fight but now worried about Chloe

Good episode ... I like Carol and hoping for him with Ella

Who the frak is that Angel down in Hell her wings oh and she's gonna try to toy with Dan though think she was telling him the truth that any Angel could fly him back to Earth maybe not as he was but still

Last edited by crash landing; 09-11-2021 at 05:55 AM
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

That was a nice episode. Carol is awesome and him and Ella are lovely

Wonder what's going on with Chloe

Dan's storyline gets interesting.. but i hope he doesn't turn on Lucifer. I don't think he will
Old 09-14-2021, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked Carol and Carol/Ella are sweet

I was just excited that the writers etc found away to still have Dan for the season one of my favorite characters
Old 09-15-2021, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Carol and Ella are a cute couple

I'm glad they figured out how to keep Dan in the season too cause a. he's a great character but also it was something that was important to the actor and writers; when Kevin came up with the idea of Dan being killed off neither him nor the writers thought that they'd get a sixth season.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It was Kevin's idea had no idea
Old 09-17-2021, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

In an interview he gave after s5 aired, Kevin said that before the season started he had loosely pitched the idea to Joe and Ildy (the EP's) about killing off his character because he thought it would be interesting and impactful, and they not knowing the show was gonna get a 6th season agreed with him.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It was impactful for sure and just glad they were able to continue it into 6th season
Old 09-18-2021, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me too, it wouldn't have been the same without him
Old 09-23-2021, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I didn't know it was Kevin's idea to kill off his character! And this was before they knew they were going to do a 6th season? It was definitely impactful for sure. I'm glad that they found a way to keep him on, it does make Dan's story more interesting now he has to find a way out of Hell.

I can't quite work out if I enjoyed this episode as much as the first, I felt like I was watching two very different episodes.

LOVED the opening with Chloe and Lucifer sounding like they were having a lot of fun. Amenadiel always has to interrupt though, doesn't he? He's right though, Lucifer does need to return to Heaven and take his place as God eventually. I like how even Chloe said what's the rush. Lucifer will get there in his own time.

Lucifer's therapy scene with Linda was classic. Asking how he can be God when he only really cares about one human and yet has to care about all humans and once again misinterpreting Linda's advice. He thinks that to understand how to be God he needs to help the people he doesn't care about. I LOVE how he went past Ella, "not you, I care about you" and goes to Carol asking how he can help him.

The case was generic, boring and uninteresting to me. I know it's not supposed to have been the main plot but most of the episode centred around it. I like Carol, but now that it's not Chloe doing the detective work anymore, it's just not the same. I like that the case linked back to Ella's problems this time instead of Lucifer's, that made a nice change, but I'm hoping we don't get too much of the detective side of things for the rest of the season (and judging from what's coming up, I may not have to worry too much).

I'm glad Ella was able to work through her trust issues after the whole Pete trauma. She and Carol really seemed to hit it off and I liked how Lucifer finally managed to help them get closer together.

The Lucifer song and dance number Luck Be a Lady at the drag show was funny.

The two cuts to Hell where we meet our new Angel character didn't seem to gel well with the rest of the episode. I'm presuming she's the one who's ruling Hell now? It just felt a little sudden, it was a tease at the end of the last episode, and then suddenly we see her face, just like that? I dunno, maybe it's just me. Interesting how she wants to destroy Lucifer and tempts Dan with a deal out of Hell. I hope Dan doesn't completely turn his back on Lucifer. He said himself he's not stupid and wasn't going to let himself get manipulated again. I did like her angel wings though, the violet colour was very pretty. She's definitely an angel up to no good.

Chloe seems a bit off. I agree it seems that having the the blade and the celestial power is probably too much for her to handle. She's enjoying it way too much. It was funny when she goaded Maze into a fight, but I'm worried about her. S1 Chloe would never have broken into the police records for Ella to find out more about Carol like that. Obviously, she's loosened up over the years and Lucifer bought out her fun side more, but maybe he's having just a little too much influence on her? Or is it the blade's power that's the influence. Even Maze can see something is not right with her.

Glad Carol and Ella had a nice date at the movies together. What was up with that ending, though? A frog landing on Ella's car?
Old 09-23-2021, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

When they got told about a 6th season it was too late his character had already been killed off (not aired but already filmed), but Joe and Ildy immediately called him with the idea of how to bring him back because they knew how important it was to him.

Him walking past Ella cause he cares about her was both funny and sweet

Yeah, the case was so-so and while Carol is nice, and I liked his scenes with Lucifer, he's no Chloe or Dan.

She's got some really cool wings
Old 09-24-2021, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Oh that's awesome that they did that!

I just loved that so much. I love that he cares for Ella.

Yeah, I agree. I liked his scenes with Lucifer too. I like how annoyed he was at Lucifer's interfering, like how Chloe was when they first met.
Reply   Post New Thread