Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2008, 03:20 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

It was interesting to see Seven so emotionally vulnerable. As I remember, at the end of the episode when the rest of the crew was revived from hibernation, Seven made an effort to join the others for a meal in the mess hall? They were surprised,but welcomed her.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

I know I'm going to end up hating Jayneway, I always do. But I'm starting season one! Episode four at the moment!

- hahahahahaha The Doctor is hilarious!

Last edited by EllesSacrifice; 06-20-2008 at 12:38 PM
Old 06-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

hmm ... Janeway could be annoying on occasion, but for the most part I enjoyed the character.

Robert Picardo is a good straight man and a convincing actor. Like Brent Spiner with Data, it takes a good actor to make it believable.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Watching 1x06 - The Cloud right now!
Hahahaha - Tuvok and Kim combadging each other and whispering to each other is hilarious!!

-
ooo and --

Neelix: These people are natural born IDIOTS if you ask me. They don't appreciate what they have here. This ship is the match of any vessel within 100 light years, and what do they do? 'Uh, well, uh, let's see if we can't find some space anomaly today that might RIP IT APART!'

-
The Doctor: I'm curious, Captain. Exactly what are you looking for?
Janeway: I need to know if we did serious harm to this lifeform.
The Doctor: I see. You ran your ship through it, fired phasers at it and blew a hole in it with a photon torpedo. I'd say it's a pretty good chance that you did...
Janeway: Computer, mute audio.

Hahaha!

Last edited by EllesSacrifice; 06-20-2008 at 05:03 PM
Old 06-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

I really didn't dislike any character aside from Neelix, he seriously got on my nerves.

I'm not a huge fan of Harry, but he doesn't bug me either, he's just there and pointless for the most part.

I'm starting Season Five right now, I really liked the Season Four finale where they thought they had a way back home, it was a good episode.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Episode 10 of season 1. Basically the entire reason I hate Jayneway. Oh, and one of the many reasons I love Tuvok! Jayneway should have gotten them back in episode 1!!! Arg! haha

Beautiful end scene with Jayneway and Tuvok!
Old 06-21-2008, 04:31 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Nikki - Neelix definitely wouldn't be on my favourites list. One of those characters who was good in small doses. Glad that there weren't many Neelix centered episodes.

I liked Harry, he was really under used though. It seems the writers didn't know what to do with the character other than have him as a sidekick for Tom. We never seen much growth in the character, which is unfortunate considering he was a young officer on his first assignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllesSacrifice (View Post)
The Doctor: I'm curious, Captain. Exactly what are you looking for?
Janeway: I need to know if we did serious harm to this lifeform.
The Doctor: I see. You ran your ship through it, fired phasers at it and blew a hole in it with a photon torpedo. I'd say it's a pretty good chance that you did...
Janeway: Computer, mute audio.

Hahaha!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

I'm up to "One" in Season Five which I highly enjoyed. I've come to realize that I really enjoy Seven and this episode kind of proved it for me. I loved seeing her in the "mother" role to the drone that came aboard Voyager. I liked the relationship he was making with the crew and was somewhat dissapointed that he wasn't staying around. I thought he was so cute with Janeway when they were discussing things, almost like a small child talking to an adult or something. I am curious however about why the Borg ship that came after "One" was in the shape of a sphere instead of the typical cube. I know we saw some Borg spheres in "First Contact", but it was never discussed, is this some type of Borg shuttlecraft?

Speaking of "First Contact", I loved the little throw-away line from Seven in a previous episode about how the Borg were present during the time period of "First Contact". I beieve someone asked her about that and she said it was a long story. I enjoyed the little bit of continuity from the movies in that way, much like how we saw Janeway as an Admiral in "Nemisis".

I think I might be taking a break from the series considering I only have the first two discs from Season Five and it will be sometime before I can get the other discs. I went through Season Four so quickly that I didn't think about running out of stuff to watch. I hope to get the rest of the season sooner than expected, but you never know.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Nikki - I'm glad that you've come to enjoy Seven. As I remember, she wasn't easy to like in the first episodes - she was very cold and like, but I suppose that was realistic.

hmm ... I've never paid a lot of attention to the ships and I don't recall any specific explanation about Borg spheres as opposed to cubes.

ETA - Borg sphere - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki
Quote:
long-range tactical vessel
Old 06-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

Ah so I was basically right then, lol.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nikki*~ (View Post)
Ah so I was basically right then, lol.
I hereby declare you our resident ship expert.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Elite Fan

Well I wouldn't go that far, lol.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

2x18 is the best episode I've seen so far! Two Q's together = A+
Old 06-26-2008, 04:28 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Death Wish? With Riker and a different adult Q?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nikki*~ (View Post)
Well I wouldn't go that far, lol.
You're on your way.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Voyage one liners. video by polomarey

Closed Thread   Post New Thread