Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2024, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Chris...I also did prep in my first food service job and got school credit for it too....

day is doing OK...I found some some red, white and blue [white] towels, table cloths and sheets and decorated my table and a couch. It just poured rain for 10 minutes..and then it stopped....
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 03:05 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
oh...were you up playing online games in the evening? Glad you slept better.
Mostly character planning with a program someone made. It started out pretty good, not sure how it's going to do in the Epic levels, level 20 has been rough so far, might call it an early night and go to sleep. Slept much better last night but still feeling tired.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 03:25 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Johnnie - it's always nice to get a bit extra sleep

Dave - that sounds very festive. Do you have any special plans for tomorrow?
Old 07-03-2024, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Johnnie...no worries....my levels in my fantasy basketball app are great too....but it only lets you play for certain amount of times because of energy cost per tournaments....

Chris...Nope...I purchased and froze BBQ ribs on sale from last week...so I'll have that and watch fireworks later on. I may or may not take a walk depending on weather.
Old 07-03-2024, 06:41 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

It's always nice to have some things in the freezer for a future meal. Will stores be closed tomorrow or are they open?
Old 07-04-2024, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

All major stores are open...some of the smaller person-owned stores are closed. The police are in full force b/c people illegally light fireworks in my city. My apartment building had a person lighting a few just the other day. The office gave everyone a warning that it's against the lease to have anything 'fire'. No fireworks, bbq, smoking in hallways and lobbies...and of course any open fire arms are against the lease
Old 07-04-2024, 06:29 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Happy 4th of July Dave!

Yeah, people routinely set off fireworks around holidays here too. Of course some people are more safety conscious than others. We have 2 school yards and a community center with some wide open space within a few blocks. But of course most people just do it in their yards where there are lots of things nearby to catch fire.
Old 07-04-2024, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Growing up...my now-late grandma, uncle and aunt owned a farm with horses...se my family would spend 4th of July there and my uncle would light fireworks.

I watched YT 2019 A Capitol Fourth music and fireworks show...they have the show on every 4th of July and sometimes people screen capture it and put it on YT. Its for more 40 year old and older people and people with families with a lot of older music artists and reality show singing contestants. If you are curious...I can post it for you
Old 07-04-2024, 03:16 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Sounds like a nice time. And lots of open space so no worries about something catching fire.

Sure, you can post the link, thanks.

Hubby used my brand new kitchen washcloth to wipe up some glue ... and now there's a big hard spot. Guess I'll be putting out another dishcloth.
Old 07-04-2024, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OK...here you go Chris.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnNf8bLLnZ8 This is the 2019 PBS A Capitol 4th..... hope you will enjoy it. I will be watching 2024 PBS A Capitol 4th tonight.
Old 07-05-2024, 05:52 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks Dave. I'll try to watch it later. Doesn't seem right to watch fireworks when it's daylight.

Do you have any plans for today?
Old 07-05-2024, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Chris... I just went to walmart again to get bread and milk...and some ice cream too. Walking home a teen was on his bike and dropped his phone.... I was able to pick it u and yell..."you dropped your phone". He was appreciative.

At walmart... a kid got lost in the store separated from his dad; and customer service called his full name on the intercom system to come to the Front.... His dad was reall angry and scolded his son a few aisles down.
Old 07-05-2024, 05:57 PM
Website Manager

I did manage a little extra sleep, but ended up waking up a bit later, so never really got extra, was about normal otherwise.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 06:45 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Dave - I'm sure the person appreciated getting their phone back right away. Recently my bro-in-law found a smart watch. He picked it up, took it home and planned to post on a Facebook group about it. In the meantime the person had used "where's my device" and came to their front door asking about it.

It's good that the father and son were reunited.

Johnnie - maybe you can get some extra sleep this weekend.

there's a Scottish festival on here this weekend, so I'll be avoiding downtown and the extra people.
Old 07-06-2024, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Chris...I've heard a few of those re-united stores with father and son - the one on tv was a lost wallet reunited father and son
Reply   Post New Thread