Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2014, 07:39 AM
New Fan

found these awesome production photos on google, the source is from another forum. anyone seen these before or know where they're from?

Goodbye Odo - The Trek BBS
Old 03-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Nice pics. With the green background, I'm suspicious that they still need to add in some special effects.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:24 PM
Supreme Fan

Here's a new fic I've finished - takes place during the DS9 Relaunch book Warpath after Kira is almost killed by Taran'atar.

Take Me Home

I know in my bones, I’ve been here before
The ground feels the same though the land’s been torn
I’ve a long way to go the stars tell me so
On this road that will take me home

Love waits for me round the bend, leads me endlessly on
Surely sorrows will find their end and all our troubles will be gone
And I’ll know what I’ve lost and all that I’ve won
When this road finally takes me home

(Mary Fahl, “Going Home”)

This isn’t how I thought it would be. Of course, I thought it would happen in some sort of battle ... after all the scrapes I’d been through I knew the luck would run out, that the Prophets would come to me sooner or later. There were few times in my life where I had something to live for, where my stubborn nature would fight against death and struggle to survive.

I didn’t know the blow would be so painful, so bloody. I only had enough time to look down at my chest, to taste the blood that was starting to spill from my mouth. I saw the weapon that did it – the sleek, sharp weapon. And I looked into the eyes of my killer – Taran’atar. I gripped the weapon in a futile attempt to move it, to push it out of me. But I didn’t have enough time, didn’t have enough breath. My legs stopped working and I collapsed onto the deck, one hand still wrapped around the blade.

My vision is fading. Odo .... I think of him in this moment, as I see the blurry form of the Jem’Hadar running away from me. Part of me wishes he was here, but a larger part is glad he’s not there to see this ... my finish. My love .... I sigh with regret and sadness, try to say his name. Blood escapes my mouth in a gurgle. Then everything is dark and I feel nothing.

I await the Prophets.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I feel compelled to open my eyes. To my surprise I find myself standing in grass, a gentle breeze caressing my hair. I don’t see my family, my friends who walked with the Prophets as I am walking with them now. Or am I? I ask, looking down at my chest. No wound?

Perhaps not. But I have been here before.

Looking down, I spot the delicate archway with my name on it. My grave ... in another time, another place. Gaia. A gentle rustle beside me and I realize I’m not as alone as I thought I was.

I have a lot of questions, one of them being how it’s possible for him to be here at all. He’s not supposed to exist anymore. It doesn’t matter, I tell myself. “I didn’t think I’d see you again.” I smile, wondering at the surreal familiarity of those words, wondering if he’ll understand.

Of course, he does. Odo – the Odo from the alternative timeline on Gaia – gazes at me warmly. “I exist here because you remember me, which pleases me more than you’ll ever know.”

I stare into those eyes, eyes that are still Odo ... no matter which version. “I wanted to see the man I love before I die. The other Odo – the one from my time – is in the Link now. He’s gone. He won’t know.”

I can see my words affect him deeply. Everything is in his eyes. I know those eyes. His eyes are telling me that he loves me. No matter which version of Odo I speak to, I am relieved that his eyes are the same. There is also pain in them. “You can’t die, Nerys.”

“I’m not afraid.”

He stares at me, a small, sad smile forming on his lips. “That’s because you’re fearless.”

I shake my head. “Not necessarily. I discovered that I can be extremely scared ... when I held you – him – in my arms, watched him suffer from the Founder’s disease.”

“I felt the same way in my own reality, when I lost you, when I found out you were ....” He closed his eyes. “I – we can’t lose you, Nerys.”

“I stood here and told you three years ago that if the Prophets will it, then I will follow their path. I was resigned to die then .... But I don’t want Odo to see ... my body.” I smile at him and take his hand in mine. “You can’t fix it this time.” I study him for a long moment, and see the impact of his powerlessness hit him. I knew that feeling well when Odo was sick. “I want to thank you for what you did before. I was angry at first, and hesitant. But I’m glad you did it. Part of me feels guilty about that ... but I’m grateful for that time Odo and I had together.”

I think of all those wonderful moments Odo and I shared. Our first dance. Our first kiss on the Promenade. Springball matches. Nights at Vic’s. Monthly anniversaries that never went by without a fond celebration. Passionate nights in my quarters. Loving embraces. Sensual massages. Love. A lot of love. With him, my pagh is whole.

With him, my pagh is whole.

I realize I’m not meant to die yet ... because I love him too much to leave him. My smile widens and I squeeze his hand. The Prophets want Odo and me to be together for a long time ... and they will bring him back to me. I just have to be alive to wait for him. I know he will come for me....

“Nerys?”

Suddenly, things become out of focus. I feel dizzy, and cling to his hand as a lifeline. My head hurts and there is a weight upon my chest. His hand is still soft and warm in mine and I hold it tightly. I can no longer see his face or the countryside... only a bright light. I try to say his name, to scream it, but no words come.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Blinding light. Constant beeping. Shadows moving toward and away from me. Yet still, this warm weight in my hand.

I try to focus. Do I want to wake up? I ask myself. At least in my dream I was with Odo ... well, one version of him.

I squeeze my hand, forcing myself to wake up from the dream. It will be empty, I tell myself.

But it isn’t. I turn my head and find myself staring into blue eyes ... Odo’s eyes.

I gaze up at him, overcome with joy. I have a lot to say, but since I’m not very good with words I don’t know how to say it. I squeeze his hand lightly, and wince as pain shoots through my body. “You’re ... here,” I murmur softly.

He smiles, his eyes bearing into mine. There’s a trace of fear in them. He was afraid I would die. “Yes. When I heard what happened ....” He winces. “I had to come home.”

There’s a sound and Odo looks at some point I can’t see.

“She’s awake, doctor.”

Julian enters, and studies the monitors above me. I’m alive, I tell myself. That’s all that matters. He smiles, and then looks to Odo. “You’re ready for surgery.”

“Haven’t I already had it?”

“In a manner of speaking, yes. Your heart was destroyed by Taran’atar’s dagger. We didn’t have a biosynthetic heart to replace it and you would have died. So, we had a genetic sample on hand that Odo donated some time ago that was able to be implanted immediately and sustained you long enough for us to get a biosynthetic heart.” His stiff doctor’s facade faded for a moment. “When I contacted Odo at the Great Link to ask permission for the implant, he gave it without hesitation.”

The enormity of what he was describing hit me. Odo’s sample from years ago, that had been used to diagnose his illness, had now saved my life. Odo was now physically part of me, his substance transformed into a heart that kept me alive. Fitting, really.

“I’m now going to remove the implant, and replace it with a biosynthetic heart.”

“No. Leave it in,” I say firmly.

Odo’s eyes stare at me in wonder, just the way he stared at me that night I asked him to make love to me in his natural form for the first time. He smiles and looks to Julian. “You heard her. Leave it in. All that I am belongs to her.”

I squeeze his hand and smile.

Julian is quick to offer pessimism. “We don’t know what would happen with prolonged exposure. Eventually, Nerys, your cells would depend upon Odo’s morphogenic cells. The part of Odo inside you would want to reconnect with the rest of his substance.”

“That’s fine, doctor. I’m staying here.” He smiles at me, presses a kiss to my forehead.

Julian smiles, accepting that he would most likely lose any debate he hadn’t even started yet. He leaves, and Odo and I are alone again.

“I have a gift for you,” Odo says, reaching for the small table.

“Having you here is gift enough.”

“Oh, I think this is a little better,” he replies. He opens a box and pulls out a Betrothal bracelet. “Kira Nerys, will you marry me?”

How many times had I dreamed he would say this to me? Now he is here, with me, telling me he’s staying and asking me to marry him. Yes, my new Changeling heart screams. Yes.

My head is starting to hurt and the room is starting to spin. I close my eyes to escape the blinding light.

“Nerys?” he says, and I hear fear in his voice. Nobody else knows the nuances of Odo’s voice the way I do.

“M’okay ... just dizzy.” I smile, despite the exhaustion, and squeeze his hand. “Answer’s yes. But ... the Great ... Link ....?”

“My greatest link is right here.”

Sleep beckons, but it is happy, content sleep. “I love you, Odo.”

“I love you, Nerys.”

Before darkness claims me, I feel a metallic warmth on my wrist. Odo and I are one. Forever.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Last edited by Wes&FredFan; 03-29-2014 at 06:08 AM
Old 03-27-2014, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Aww that is lovely Donna
Old 03-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

That was very lovely dearie!!!!! *tosses confetti over you* Great work!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

source
Old 03-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE those gifs!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

It's a lovely selection
Old 03-28-2014, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Plus Kira hugging his bucket!

Or THEIR FIRST KISS!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

What a lovely gif set! Nice use of colour.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

They are so totally wonderful!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:26 PM
New Fan

yay more OK appreciation! this thread was kinda dead all week, lol! nice story and nice images to come back to! I've been working on another fanart too. hope to get it done this weekend or sometime soon.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Good luck finding your muse!
Old 03-29-2014, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

look forward to seeing it..
Old 03-29-2014, 06:14 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks everybody - glad you liked the fic . Here's the song I included lyrics for at the beginning. It was in the movie Gods and Generals ... and somebody created a video to it including clips from Gods & Generals, Gettysburg, and Glory.

ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Closed Thread   Post New Thread