Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

No, I haven't read any of the books. I like to watch Star Trek on tv, but the thought of reading a book featuring the characters just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

I have read a few of the TNG novels when I was younger, but never a DS9 book.

I'm finally starting Season Seven which is all new to me. I've never seen this year. I stopped watching after Jadzia was killed originally.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh, that's great!

Have you seen "Chimera" yet? Or "Covenant"? If you ship O/K you'll find some great moments in S7 . If you can't tell my my icon, I'm a big O/K fan. Kira's hairstyle took some getting used to, but I was thrilled when she became a Colonel!
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

I've only seen the first episode at this point, which was strange I thought.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Supreme Fan

I've rewatched it several times ... it's supposed to explain that Sisko's part Prophet, that he was created in a mix between god and human (like one of the Greek myths, I guess). Didn't care for Ezri much though.

I was able to appreciate the two light-hearted eps -- Take Me Out to the Holosuite (Odo's great as an umpire ... just watch his reaction when somebody hurts Kira!) and Badda Bing, Badda Bang .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is from IMDB so it may not be true.

Quote:
Originally, Famke Janssen cast for the "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993) series after her work on the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987) episode "The Perfect Mate" and was to reprise her role as Kamala. However, she wanted to leave herself open for feature film work and turned the role down. Jadzia Dax's role was created to take the place of this character, performed by actress Terry Farrell.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Wow, that's interesting. I know that the woman who played Ro was supposed to go over to DS9, but I'm thrilled it didn't work out --I LOVE Kira! I like that they created a new Bajoran character, which allowed them to delve into Kira's history without changing any part of Ro's character.

Plus Odo/Kira had amazing chemistry !
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah Michelle Forbes was offered a regular role on DS9 in the early stages of developing the series but she didn't want to be tied down to a series from what I understand. I think this is why they introduced O'Brien and Keiko to bridge the two series together. I could be mistaken though, it's been forever since I watched early TNG.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Crossover characters can work, but it's also nice to get new characters to help a series establish it's own identity.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Elite Fan

I managed to watch 7x03 today, the introduction of Ezri. I havn't really watched all of Season Seven and with the new movie being out I'm back in a Trek mood.

I like Ezri so far, but some of the acting choices are odd. It was nice to see a new host adjusting to being given seven lifetimes of memories all of a sudden, something we'd never seen with Jadzia, she seemed fine with it all when we first met her.

As a fan of the Sisko/Dax friendship, I was happy at how he didn't treat her one bit differently and was her main source of encouragement. That was nice.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nikki*~ (View Post)
I managed to watch 7x03 today, the introduction of Ezri. I havn't really watched all of Season Seven and with the new movie being out I'm back in a Trek mood.

I like Ezri so far, but some of the acting choices are odd. It was nice to see a new host adjusting to being given seven lifetimes of memories all of a sudden, something we'd never seen with Jadzia, she seemed fine with it all when we first met her.

As a fan of the Sisko/Dax friendship, I was happy at how he didn't treat her one bit differently and was her main source of encouragement. That was nice.
I liked Ezri too. But I loved Jadzia!

Anyway, I agree. It was great that Sisko did not really treat her all to differently which gave for a nice cushion to Ezri. It was neat to see the "what if" about an unprepared Trill when they are unexpectedly joined. We never got to see that side of Jadzia as she had been joined for many years already and had been through the joining program unlike Ezri.

Just keep watching season 7 and you will see how Ezri and Worf interact. All I'm going to say is that it is quite interesting! lol
Old 05-14-2009, 02:49 AM
Elite Fan

I was never a fan of the Worf/Jadzia pairing so I'm not sure it'll do anything for me, lol.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Supreme Fan

LOL - I didn't care for Worf/Jadzia either. I liked the Sisko/Jadzia friendship ... thought Jadzia and Ben had great reparte. The Kira/Jadzia friendship was a good thing too.

<------------ MY DS9 ship
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 05-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I wasn't a huge fan of many of the cannon ships in the show. I liked Odo and Kira, at least upon original viewing, Kira and Jadzia's friendship, and I liked the possibility of Bashir and Dax, so I'm sure I'll enjoy him and Ezri eventually.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Supreme Fan

I couldn't get into Ezri in S7. I wanted to like her and eventually I got used to her, but she's not one of my favorites. It's great that in the books she decided to change to the Command field . I liked her better in the novels.

Kira didn't really bond with Ezri too much. Sure, they hung out ... but Kira almost always had Odo with her , and confided more in Odo (who knew her most) than Ezri (who was a counselor).

ITA with you about some of Ezri's scenes -- I felt some of her lines were extremely odd. My primary example is "Covenant" -- where Odo expresses an interest in attending services with Kira so that they could spend more time together. Ezri replies, "That's so sweet," as though she's surprised he would feel that way. But she would have Jadzia's memories -- she wouldn't be surprised he feels that way since Odo and Kira have been together for quite a while now. Then she repeats the sentiment again ... even more odd. She has already seen them together (in "Afterimage" Odo and Kira invited her to dinner with them). Probably would've been better if Ezri had just grinned while looking from Kira to Odo and back again, allowing Odo and Kira to finish their conversation. Oh well.

I've been making music videos lately -- all O/K. If you go to the Star Trek MV thread, you should see them. If you check them out, let me know what you think . Feedback helps me out a lot.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Last edited by Wes&FredFan; 05-16-2009 at 10:25 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread