Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2022, 10:25 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

[Picard] #6 -"The past is written, but the future is left for us to write." May contain spoilers. S3 is coming February 16th

source

Star Trek Picard - Season 3 Trailer
source

Past threads: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6

Future Title Suggestions:
Such a pleasure to be back together
I am standing up for the Federation – for what it should still represent.
The dreams are lovely. It’s the waking up that I’m beginning to resent.

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 08-05-2022 at 03:01 AM
Old 03-01-2022, 10:28 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash landing (View Post)
I saw that I saw first 2 believe but weekly is hard when spoiled by binging ability
Bingeing definitely has it's advantages. I find it hard to wait and do it for new shows though.

Title inspiration:

Quote:
STAR TREK: PICARD • 1.08 “Broken Pieces”
source
Old 03-01-2022, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Looking forward to maybe getting to it tonight we shall see cause in the midst of 3 of the movies
Old 03-01-2022, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Thanks for the pics

TFTNT Chris

Old 03-01-2022, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

For sure plan to binge S1 than will shall see if do weekly 2nd season - if I don't will ignore this thread/episode threads just gotten so spoiled with binge-watching its harder when its cable not a stream where actually was quite good with Disney+ weekly Originals

Have started might watch 2 pr 3 tonight we shall see

Last edited by crash landing; 03-01-2022 at 06:13 PM
Old 03-02-2022, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
With more years behind him than ahead, Star Trek: Picard’s eponymous captain will need to address important, unanswered questions about himself when the Paramount+ series returns for Season 2 this Thursday.

New episodes find Picard and his crew traveling back to the 21st century in the hopes of saving the galaxy’s future. As he encounters familiar faces and new friends, he’ll also be forced to look inward and reexamine some of the choices he’s made — specifically when it comes to matters of the heart.

For Patrick Stewart, who plays Picard, getting in touch with the beloved admiral’s romantic side is exciting new territory.

“You will see things in Season 2 which will be unexpected and surprising, and it will be romantic,” Stewart tells TVLine. “I don’t get to do much romance in my career, and so it’s very, very nice at the age of 81 that I get to play scenes like that with wonderful actors like Orla Brady, who plays Laris.”

That’s not to say Picard hasn’t experienced his fair share of romance while serving as captain of the Enterprise. Past love interests include Vash (Jennifer Hetrick), an adventurous archeologist; Kamala (Famke Janssen), the metamorph who fell in love with Picard while promised to marry someone else; and Nella Daren (Wendy Hughes), the Starfleet commander who bonded with Picard over their shared love of music.

There’s also Beverly Crusher (Gates McFadden), the Enterprise’s chief medical officer and Picard’s close friend that both Stewart and Picard EP Akiva Goldsman agree is a significant past relationship. “I definitely would consider Beverly Crusher a past love,” Goldsman notes.

Even so, Picard has remained heavily guarded over his heart, which Stewart attributes to his rough upbringing on Earth.

“As a child being brought up in a difficult home, he misunderstood what the situation really was. I think that left a wound on him which never really healed and made him doubt his ability to establish a really close intimate relationship with certainly a romantic nature,” Stewart explains. “He loved his Enterprise crew, and it has often been said that was his family, but we are seeing the notion of family being extended a little bit further.”

Season 2’s unexpected new quest comes courtesy of Q, the omniscient shapeshifter who delights in tormenting Picard with maddening philosophical tests. For John de Lancie, who reprises his role as the fan-favorite character, it’s important that Picard takes the time to answer some of these lingering questions about himself while he’s still around to do so.

“He’s getting old,” de Lancie says. “There isn’t much time, and if you don’t handle these questions and deal with them now, you will not, and there’s nothing worse than an unsettled death.”

Furthermore, it’s crucial that Picard look inward not only for himself, but also “for me [as Q],” de Lancie adds. “Him examining himself has a direct effect on me.”

With upcoming episodes of Picard exploring new corners of the titular character’s mind and heart, it makes sense that Star Trek: The Next Generation favorites like his longtime tormentor Q and Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg), one of Picard’s dearest and oldest friends, help guide him along this intimate journey. The Borg Queen (now played by Annie Wersching) is also set to appear — undoubtedly due to his lengthy history with the hive-minded collective.

“We wanted the people who know him the best, which would be Q and Guinan, and all of those people who, with their particular kind of Star Trek magic, could send us into a world one way or another where we could see that past,” Goldsman shares.

When it comes to the possibility of seeing more familiar Next Generation characters entering the fold this season, the Picard EP would only divulge that “there is a plan.”
source

Old 03-02-2022, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Watched first 2 last night and be back to it in a couple hours but doing while something in background have rewatched a lot aka can listen/watch
Old 03-02-2022, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

Old 03-02-2022, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So between this afternoon/tomorrow afternoon should finish in time to see new episode on Friday with On Demand
Old 03-02-2022, 02:33 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
“I definitely would consider Beverly Crusher a past love,”
I'd rather hear that he's still in love with Bev.
Old 03-02-2022, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Didn't get any episodes in today Took a nap this afternoon and have gone back to the SW animation am re-watching ... maybe more luck tomorrow
Old 03-03-2022, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I'd rather hear that he's still in love with Bev.
Exactly!!!, he's been in love with her for over 30+ years..

Quote:
Patrick Stewart hints Star Trek: Picard will end on a questionable note when it concludes with season 3. When it first premiered in 2020, Paramount+'s Star Trek: Picard was one of the buzziest shows of the year thanks to Stewart's return as his beloved The Next Generation character Jean-Luc Picard. Now, later than expected, the series is set to return this week for season 2. Stewart once again leads the cast, which includes Alison Pill, Isa Briones, Michelle Hurd, Santiago Cabrera, and Jeri Ryan. Picard season 2 also excitingly includes the returns of TNG alums Whoopi Goldberg and John de Lancie, who will have a sizable role as the trickster Q.

Star Trek: Picard season 2 took longer than expected to reach this point due to the coronavirus pandemic. Fans were fine with waiting because the series also earned a season 3 renewal, solidifying the fact that there will be plenty more adventures with Jean-Luc ahead. These two upcoming seasons will be all audiences get, though: Stewart confirmed earlier this year that Picard will end with season 3, something that has always been the plan. As Picard was able to shoot its final two seasons back-to-back, production on the series finale is nearly complete.

To promote Picard season 2, Stewart recently sat down with Collider to discuss his overall Star Trek journey. He was asked if here is anything he can tease about the season 3 finale, and his answer was rather peculiar. It sounds like Picard won't end on a very conclusive note, though Stewart himself is pleased with it. He said:

Followers of Picard will find that we get to the very end of season three, and the resolution is unexpected and questionable. And I'm thrilled about that because it leaves a question mark hanging over his head. Now I'm not saying in three years’ time or 10 years’ time, there will be another series and I'll be back again tending in my grapes in the vineyard. But I've had some fallings out with some of our people, because they look on this as a closure that is coming up, and I don't.

Fans go into series finales expecting things to be completely tied up, or at least concluded in a way that allows for satisfaction. However, Stewart's comments about the Picard season 3 finale hint that the door will be left wide open for more stories down the line. Whether they involve Jean-Luc specifically or some of the other characters within the Picard ensemble remains to be seen, but audiences likely shouldn't be surprised if things aren't turned into a neat little bow. Then again, with an expansive universe like Star Trek, there's always a potential for continuations after a series comes to a close.

Luckily, fans don't have to worry about Star Trek: Picard's ending just yet. All of season 2 has to arrive first, and that can give some clues about where the final season is going. In the weeks ahead, Picard will find Jean-Luc and his crew contending with time-travel, alternate realities, and a lot of hijinks from Q. That should be enough to keep everyone occupied right up until the final goodbye arrives.
source

Old 03-03-2022, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hoping better luck to get some episodes in today and probably finish S1 + 2x01 tomorrow or Saturday

9am 8 episodes - probably finish today see if a mid day nap again or not

Putting my thoughts under tags where not officially spoilers but cause might have a lot to say

Spoiler:

Good thing no one is home Cause literally was like OMG - I knew but it was still like

Spoiler:

Last edited by crash landing; 03-03-2022 at 02:37 PM
Old 03-03-2022, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Spoiler:

Last edited by obisgirl; 03-04-2022 at 08:00 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top