Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2022, 05:11 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

[Picard] 2:09 - Hide and Seek

Spoiler:

Picard and his crew fight for their lives as they come under attack from a new incarnation of an old enemy.
But to survive, Picard must first face the ghosts of his past. Seven and Raffi have a final showdown with Jurati.

source
Old 04-28-2022, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

TFTNT Chris!

Well let's just rewrite Star Trek lore shall we

- They have just rewritten Picard, Borg and Starfleet history in one foul swoop...

- Find out what happened to Picard's mother, as it was such a traumatic event in Picard's life, how come we have never heard a single thing about it during TNG/Movie era, not one thing...also in an earlier TNG eppy, we saw Picard's mother as an old woman... Also how does this tie in with the overall storyline of the season.

- Also regarding the Borg, so all the assimilations the Borg did of worlds and killing millions of people is because the Borg Queen was lonely!, What!!! . What with Jurati/Borg Queen merging, they are now heading back to the Delta quadrant. So at the beginning of them time travelling, Jurati said don't mess up anything on the timeline, yet they are going back to the Gamma/Delta or whatever quadrant and wit that, they are now going to change the timeline and also probably changed TNG/Voyager timeline with it..

- The crew didn't seem bothered at all that Jurati/Borg Queen was going off to whatever quandrant. Then they say they want to stop Soong from the stopping the launch, but what is the point as Borgati is changing history anyways so there timeline will change.

Seriously how did the writers write this

crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Jurati: Hiya Elnor. Let's play keep away!

I LOVED THAT!

Kinda loving this interplay between Jurati and the Borg Queen!

I LOVE RAFFI AND SEVEN!!!! They are my faves for this season!
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
TFTNT Chris!

Well let's just rewrite Star Trek lore shall we

- They have just rewritten Picard, Borg and Starfleet history in one foul swoop...

- Find out what happened to Picard's mother, as it was such a traumatic event in Picard's life, how come we have never heard a single thing about it during TNG/Movie era, not one thing...also in an earlier TNG eppy, we saw Picard's mother as an old woman... Also how does this tie in with the overall storyline of the season.

- Also regarding the Borg, so all the assimilations the Borg did of worlds and killing millions of people is because the Borg Queen was lonely!, What!!! . What with Jurati/Borg Queen merging, they are now heading back to the Delta quadrant. So at the beginning of them time travelling, Jurati said don't mess up anything on the timeline, yet they are going back to the Gamma/Delta or whatever quadrant and wit that, they are now going to change the timeline and also probably changed TNG/Voyager timeline with it..

- The crew didn't seem bothered at all that Jurati/Borg Queen was going off to whatever quandrant. Then they say they want to stop Soong from the stopping the launch, but what is the point as Borgati is changing history anyways so there timeline will change.

Seriously how did the writers write this
I don't think it will chbange the voyager timeline, bc just liek the kelvin timeline of the new kirk movies it will simply create a new timeline separate from the prime timeline. It just means we have different contemporary star trek universes.
Arrakis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

It doesn't make any sense at all. Before it started they said oh don't change the timeline and then in this last episode just let the ship fly off...

And thoughout the Borg history, Captains and Admirals try and find a way to get through to the Borg etc and Jarati does it!!, seriously!!!

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 04-30-2022 at 02:43 PM
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode had the benefit of being more action based, so I enjoyed it.

It was a bit weird they all seemed fine with the ship being taken at the end.

Seven finally mentioned Voyager, but annoyingly didn't go into any detail about what happened, or anything about her Voyager family.

I didn't buy the lonely Borg thing, plus it seemed far too easy for Agnes to persuade the Borg Queen to cooperate. It's yet more lazy writing.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Looks like "shattered" is the theme of this season in more then one way. It feels like the plot has been shattered and pieced together in a confusing way. I don't get why they completely left out Picard's brother. He seemed to be such an important part of his childhood and could easily have fitted into a family story with an ill mother. It makes no sense.

I also don't like how they treated Elnor this season. He should get his own character development and not just be Raffi's surrogate son.

Still love the scenes with Raffi and Seven, but I'm missing concrete info on what their relationship status is exactly. Do they hug or kiss when we're not looking?

I'm afraid with s3 being with so many TNG cast members that we'll be loosing our La Sirena crew and I'm not ready to say goodbye yet and condemn them to no-character-evolution. (I love seeing old faces back though, but I'm afraid the price will be high.)

Not that I don't like Brent Spiner, but I've lost interest in this new Soong character. I wonder what happened to Kore, though. Hope we'll get some closure on her fate in the finale.
Waldfrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldfrau (View Post)

Not that I don't like Brent Spiner, but I've lost interest in this new Soong character. I wonder what happened to Kore, though. Hope we'll get some closure on her fate in the finale.

Brent is really awesome ni his portrayal of the Soong's.... but geez!! This one is a whack-a-doodle!! No one Q played puppet master so well with this one!
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:50 AM
Website Manager

Watching it atm.... annoyed though this far in the future with star fkeet being so short sighted to not let Seven in. Was nice to see a non Borg walking around siding the Borg. Usually they force assimilation.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Well decent episode.

I just wonder what jurati/borg queen founding a second collective will mean for the future.
Old 05-07-2022, 04:07 AM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis (View Post)
I just wonder what jurati/borg queen founding a second collective will mean for the future.
Putting in spoiler tags since it involves the next episode

Spoiler:
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I assume they kept hiding and build up in secrecy until the classic collective got destroyed by picard.
Reply   Post New Thread