Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2020, 01:12 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

[Discovery] - 3:6 - Scavengers - airs November 19th

Quote:
After receiving a message from Book, Burnham and Georgiou embark on a rogue mission to find him, leaving Saru to pick up the pieces with Admiral Vance. Meanwhile, Stamets forms an unexpected bond with Adira.
IMDB

TrekNewsNet

Old 11-18-2020, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

TFTNT Chris
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Yay!! tomorrow! tomorrow!! w00t!
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:33 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Looking forward to seeing Book again.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

Michael: *to Philippa* Your emotional spectrum ranges from cranky to homicidal.

___

*Emperor comes out to play*

Michael: Really?
Philippa: HE is a bully. They crumble like a cookie when they meet a bigger one.

___

Philippa: I love me

___

The scene with Tilly and Grudge cracked me up! LMAO!

____

We finally see a bit more of what's going on with Philippa.... and flashes of her past in the Terran Empire.

Last edited by ChakotaysLover; 11-19-2020 at 12:17 PM
Old 11-19-2020, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Watching it now

Georgaeu was the star of this episode with her quips and one liners.... but can someone explain what's going on with her. did the federation do something to her after her interview? Maybe she doesn't fit in with this future universe that she's technically not a part of?

Glad Burnham got to rescue Book and got a hold of the Black Box. Sad she's not Number One any more, but now she can more more freely without direct orders. The things we do for love, right?

Tilly isn't getting much of a storyline or role this season... loved her with the cat though and the captain too.

We still don't have a season long enemy. I wonder if it will be the Enemy of the Mission of the week every week?

I wonder who will be the New Number One. Its hard though; everyone on the crew has their own personal agendas too

Last edited by Make Them Laugh; 11-19-2020 at 01:30 PM
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Watching it now

Georgaeu was the star of this episode with her quips and one liners.... but can someone explain what's going on with her. did the federation do something to her after her interview? Maybe she doesn't fit in with this future universe that she's technically not a part of?
I think Glasses might have done something to her -- but that's just me. I believe Kovich is the 32nd version of Section 31.

Philippa totally stole the episode and her interactions with Michael were superb.... even the end where we see Philippa still doesn't trust Michael.

As for Michael losing her position as #1, I'm kinda not sad about it. I think, even though she wants to be a part of Starfleet, she doesn't want a Command -- not like she used.

Last edited by ChakotaysLover; 11-19-2020 at 02:18 PM
Old 11-19-2020, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't trust the highest command of the Trade Federation yet.... they could be copying off star wars and disguising the bad guy as a good guy
Old 11-19-2020, 08:33 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
Michael: *to Philippa* Your emotional spectrum ranges from cranky to homicidal.

Philippa: HE is a bully. They crumble like a cookie when they meet a bigger one.
LOVED those lines!

Also: "You had me at unsanctioned mission" & "You're making me hover like a peasant"

- Starfleet upgraded Discovery. The crew were certainly excited to learn about the new technology. @ Linus unexpectedly popping up in several scenes. Also liked Tilly's confidence explaining the new systems to others

- @ Grudge on the view screen! Then cute scenes of Tilly and Grudge in her quarters

- nice reunion hug between Michael & Book

- Saru and Tilly both disappointed that Michael disobeyed a direct order. Surprised that Tilly could see the big picture and tell Saru that he had to let the Admiral know that Michael went off on her own so it wouldn't be held against the whole crew.

- Michael & Phillipa make a good team

- What is up with Phillipa and her flashbacks/black outs?
Tari - I'm inclined to agree with you that Kovich/Glasses did something to her and that he's Section 31.
Dave - he's definitely not trustworthy.

- The scenes between Stamets and Adira were touching. "it sounds like you're holding on to someone you love"

- Paul and Hugh getting ready for bed! Sweet.

Quote:
We still don't have a season long enemy. I wonder if it will be the Enemy of the Mission of the week every week?
I think trying to figure out what caused the burn is going to fill that role.

Quote:
I wonder who will be the New Number One.
Me too. While I'd love to see Tilly get it, she doesn't really have the experience to warrant the promotion.
Old 11-20-2020, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

For me, it was an ok eppy this week…

- So the ship had a bit of an upgrade
- I had a feeling that the Saru/Michael friendship would fracture of them being Captain/Number One.
- The bridge getting a transmission from Grudge
- Ok what is going on with Georgiou!, and she has a son ?
- I really like the Tily/Saru friendship, so even Tily knows what Michael did was wrong.
- The chat between Georgiou and Michael on Book’s ship was
- at Linus beaming around the ship
- Glad to see Book again..
- Lovely scene between Stamets and Adira. Them bonding over life and death and Adira helping him out..
- So Georgiou is even frightening by what is happening. I hope she gets some answers soon about it
- Another lovely scene with Stamets and Culber, missed their scenes, so glad to see those.
- So Michael/Saru , knew it was coming, but…I hope the trust returns and I wonder who will be his Number One now
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Chris....I love Tilly, but she gets too emotional sometimes...but I can't think of anyone else who would be an awesome number one. Endgame should be Burnham gets Number One back somehow AND becomes captain by the end of finale b/c it's turning out that the show is mainly about Burnham's life and journey through it. [Kind of like Grey's Anatomy with Dr. Meridith Grey ]
Old 11-20-2020, 07:10 AM
Website Manager

Don't think she really needs a rank to do what she wants, I mean look at the stuff Phillipa does without an official one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
I think Glasses might have done something to her -- but that's just me. I believe Kovich is the 32nd version of Section 31.
Perhaps, though I think she said it's been happening a few weeks or something. How long had it been since she met with them.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:08 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)
Perhaps, though I think she said it's been happening a few weeks or something. How long had it been since she met with them.
That's true, but some time could have passed since the previous episode. Considering all the upgrades to Discovery wouldn't have happened overnight.

Dave - yes, Tilly can be emotional and she's young. I don't see her as being ready for the number one position for a few years.

Tracey - yeah, I was really hoping that Michael had learned her lesson and wouldn't betray Saur's trust.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

at least Burnham found some new love....so I'm pretty happy about that... it's the old " money/ job vs. love" scenerio [most people in fiction can't have both]
Old 11-20-2020, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it was right for Saru to demote Burnham. She has changed over the past year and can't be trusted.

Not sure if I ship her new relationship, yet.

I loved the cat scenes.

The crewman who kept beaming in and out was very funny!

Nice scenes for Paul this episode.

Mostly I felt underwhelmed and I'm not sure why... I hope the story gets more interesting soon.
Reply   Post New Thread