Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2020, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

[Discovery] - 3:10 - Terra Firma: Part 2 - airs December 17th

Quote:
Georgiou uncovers the true depths of the plot against her, leading her to a revelation about how deeply her time on the U.S.S. Discovery truly changed her.

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 12-17-2020 at 04:18 AM
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 06:11 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks for getting this started Tracey! This week has flown by.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'lll be back in an hour or so... going to watch this new Star Trek discovery now

just finished-
What I liked:
I knew who that mysterious guy was from the beginning b/c I've seen way too many "it's a wonderful life"/ angel/ mystical being movies to be counted
Emperor and alternate Saru scene was great
the end with an appreciation toast scene from the crew/ writers of Georgeau / [Michelle as an actress playing her]
they took "the escape back to a better time/ second chance " approach instead of death after the mirror Universe TEST

what I didn't like
all the torture - lots of it
hoping we would see Lorca...but they could not get Jason to come back for an episode
Greek tragedy in mirror universe... most all the main characters die
last episode for Michelle even though I knew it b/c she had so many other projects on her schedule the past year including Avatar and a Marvel movie.
Evil Burnham never reformed....

I could probably watch the last half of that...but the torturous beginning...not so much....

Last edited by Make Them Laugh; 12-17-2020 at 09:42 AM
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Knowing this was Michelle's last episode made this episode bitter sweet for me! I loved seeing her as the Mighty Emperor again, this time allowing her heart to have some say in the choices she made. Saving Saru, telling him that he would come through the change and he would be better off.

Owo and Killy resolutely on their Emperor's side was great for me!!

I didn't mind seeing the torture -- it's a part of the Terran world.

There was a scene that spoke volumes to me. Philippa in Michael's cell while she was unconscious, speaking about when Michael was a little girl afflicted with night terrors, and how one night, she sleep walks into a field of fireflies. That was the kind of memory a loving mother would share with her child. And then she leaves a jar of fireflies for Michael, for when she wakes.

The final fight between Michael and Philippa was cathartic for Philippa I think. This time, she knew without a doubt that there was nothing she could do regain the loyalty of her daughter.

I'm going to miss Michelle so much on this show, but I look forward to her new projects! It's such a treat having her as a part of the Star Trek family!
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the firefly scene.... it seemed like Evil Mirror Burnham was in top 10 Star Trek villain of all time....

we all knew where Lorca was after evil Burnham failed to assassinate the Emperor... he was recruiting good regular Burnham and find a way to get back home to his Mirror Universe.
Old 12-17-2020, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

I loved this episode because it drove home to Philippa that she could never go back to the Mirror universe, that it wasn't her home anymore. She'll always be Terran, but that means something different to her now.

And the farewell in the mess afterwards was nice too! Detmer bringing up Philippa's walk and her boots! LOL!
Old 12-17-2020, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
I loved this episode because it drove home to Philippa that she could never go back to the Mirror universe, that it wasn't her home anymore. She'll always be Terran, but that means something different to her now.

And the farewell in the mess afterwards was nice too! Detmer bringing up Philippa's walk and her boots! LOL!
I loved the farewell scene...nicely written as an appreciation for the Emperor / [and Michelle too]

I wonder who was more evil in the Mirror Universe- Pre-Season One [if they ever did a prequal]..... Burnham or the Emperor???
Old 12-17-2020, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

I'm going to say Philippa -- simply because you don't rise in power and ascend to a blood soaked throne without being a savage. But she was smart with her brutality.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Great Point....

and Lorca didn't seem that evil to me... he just wanted power and control and to kill off the Emperor.... as evil as mirror-verse Burnham was...she would have eventually killed off Lorca too a little time after the Emperor would have been killed off
Old 12-17-2020, 06:32 PM
Website Manager

Yeah, I was hoping to see Lorca as well. I enjoyed the episode though... Guess where she is going is where the new series will take place... wonder if she will mention Michael from time to time.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

there's going to be a spin off series of Discovery?

I guess the Avatar movies should be completed if she'll be in that series
Old 12-17-2020, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
^ Great Point....

and Lorca didn't seem that evil to me... he just wanted power and control and to kill off the Emperor.... as evil as mirror-verse Burnham was...she would have eventually killed off Lorca too a little time after the Emperor would have been killed off
Lorca had delusions of grandeur! He deluded himself into thinking that he could rule the empire better than Philippa. She held the throne for decades... He wouldn't faired so well, not even with all his loyal supporters.

Mirror Michael was crazier than a sack full of cats. She would have held the throne for a few years... maybe... before she was knocked off. Neither Lorca nor Burnham had what it took to rule. You can't just be a savage, you have to be smart, decisive, and calculating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh
there's going to be a spin off series of Discovery?

I guess the Avatar movies should be completed if she'll be in that series
There is a Section 31 series in development which will have Michelle as it's star.

As for the AVATAR movies. 2 & 3 are both in post production. 4 & 5 are filming at the moment. Her marvel movie is in post production. She is a busy busy woman.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Good eppy and a really good Georgiou send off

- I really liked the way they showed how Phillipa has changed from her time on ‘Discovery’
- I knew Mirror Michael wasn’t to be trusted
- The scene between Mirror Saru and Phillipa was my fave from the eppy. Telling Mirror Saru about the Saru she knows and how he is a Starship Captain. Showed the respect there that she had for Saru
- I did get the feeling that the time keeper could be the same one or similar to the one in TOS classic episode ‘The City on the Edge of Forever’. I was thinking at one point he was going to mention Kirk.
- Aww Mirror Saru being there for Phillipa before she left that universe.
- at everyone mentioning Reno eating while in Engineering and telling her she shouldn’t be.
- The end scene between Michael and Phillipa was so well done. A wonderful scene and goes to show how far they both have come
- Really liked the crew scene toasting Georgiou and saying how much they will miss her.

We shall miss her rants and snarks...Michelle was wonderful in the role
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
- I did get the feeling that the time keeper could be the same one or similar to the one in TOS classic episode ‘The City on the Edge of Forever’. I was thinking at one point he was going to mention Kirk.
wow...great memory for sure... I wanted Kirk to be mentioned.

Quote:
Lorca had delusions of grandeur! He deluded himself into thinking that he could rule the empire better than Philippa. She held the throne for decades... He wouldn't faired so well, not even with all his loyal supporters.

Mirror Michael was crazier than a sack full of cats. She would have held the throne for a few years... maybe... before she was knocked off. Neither Lorca nor Burnham had what it took to rule. You can't just be a savage, you have to be smart, decisive, and calculating
very true... 2 fierce ladies beat him.... so he could probably NOT beat a crew full of ladies rebelling

I'm trying to think of top 10 crazy star trek villains of all time... Mirror Burnham is in the top 3.... Q. was more smart and calculative...Khan was ruthless.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:26 AM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Q. was more smart and calculative...Khan was ruthless.
At first I was thinking the time guardian might have been a member of the Q Species... messing with humanity and such.

Quote:
This also was in my brain as it's one of the few original series episodes I seen and enjoyed (Did a crossword on).
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread