Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2018, 10:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

There were things that I liked about this ep and things that I didn't

Philippa did not even try to to fit in She acted completely Terran the entire time. I don't know how anyone on the bridge did not immediately know that she was Terran I was a little disappointed that she just took off at the end but honestly since she wasn't even trying to fit in she really could not continue to be a Captain in Star Fleet. I hope we will continue to see her through out the series.

Tilly was amazing in this ep. She can definitely step it up and get in people's face when she needs to which is so funny to watch because she generally acts very meek. I think she will make a great Captain one day.

I felt so bad for Tyler It's like he belongs no where. I can't see the Klingons ever really accepting him. I hope he returns to the Discovery at some point because I feel like the crew there will accept him more than the Klingons will. I was sorry to see him go but I understood why he felt he needed to leave. I am just glad that he and Michael got some kind of closure before he left and she seemed to be able to accept him again for who is truly is.

I feel like so much fo the cast is missing now I am looking forward to next season but I am really hoping that at least some of the missing cast returns.

I am so curious to see who they cast as Captain Pike.......

Dave I would assume that they will release them on DVD. Other streaming platforms (such as Netflix) have released their shows on DVD. I would be surprised if CBS doesn't follow suit since it's another avenue to make money off the production of the show.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
I feel like so much fo the cast is missing now I am looking forward to next season but I am really hoping that at least some of the missing cast returns.

I am so curious to see who they cast as Captain Pike.......
I also feel that getting ri of three main characters was way too exaggerated Not even Game of Thrones did that.

I'M not only curious for captain pike but also hope we get Spock at least in a short scene.

I also want to know who will be the new captain of the discovery.
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:41 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I'm really curious to see Pike next season, and hopefully more of the Enterprise.

Suppose it was realistic to have some characters die, especially under the circumstances they faced. Not sure that some of the deaths were necessary though, Culber's in particular.

Considering how annoying I found Tilly when she was first introduced, she's now one of my favourites.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's very true about Tilly. It wasn't obvious how her character would progress through the episodes at first.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:49 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
Michael was amazing! She saved the Klingons when the easy route would have been to wipe them all out and be done with it. he embodied the heart of the Federation in this episode and I LOVED IT! So thrilled she is now a Commander again! And her scenes with Amanda and Sarek! Such a family moment!
Agree with you there How appropriate that Michael was the one to remind everybody that they needed to stick to their values, or risk becoming no better than the Klingons or Terrans.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

I thought it was only fitting that Michael be the one to take the moral high ground with the Admiral.
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

True, It also helped show that she genuinely regretted her mutiny attempt.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

And it showed how much she grew as a human, and not the Vulcan she thought herself to be.
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow that was an episode
The end wow! Holy lord! I can`t believe the Enterprise came that´s so wow!

So hard to wait until next year.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Glad you enjoyed it!

Yes, it will be a long wait for the second season.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it was so good!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-11-2018, 09:02 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

It will be interesting to see what the storylines are next season.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

It really will be.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:18 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

The season finale did a nice job wrapping up most of the storylines.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Be doing this after about an hour or so break to do some doing this cause always afraid of cliffhangers

Changed my mind gonna finish the season and start 2nd tomorrow freshly

Michael telling Ash about what happened to her family No wonder she raced out of their when Ash used Vox's knowledge to get the gamblers to accept him and give him the ability to be accepted

Oh man plan was to destroy Chronos wow that's not how Federation works

Its interesting seeing Michael seeing the Klingon's having a home even if she disliked them for the story she told Ash

I can see why Ash is doing this be the middle ground and help both sides make peace

I can't wait to see him again Right now he's my favorite so complicated and those types

Last edited by crash landing; 04-26-2022 at 05:41 AM
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread